Paternal Use Of SSRI Increase Risk For ADHD In His Children

haidut

By now even the general public has gotten a wind of just how bad the SSRI drugs are. But most of the studies demonstrating negative effects from SSRI use are focused on the health of the patient taking them or the health of the baby whose mother is taking SSRI while pregnant or during breastfeeding. This new study is interesting because it looks at how SSRI usage by the father impacted his future children. As such, it provides direct evidence invalidating the so-called Weismann Doctrine:
Weismann's doctrine - Dictionary definition of Weismann's doctrine | Encyclopedia.com: FREE online dictionary

In other words, medication taken by the father should not be able to influence the risk of disease in his children beyond what his genes already code for. Since taking SSRI increased the risk of ADHD it is obvious that disease risk (in this case) can be changed AND passed on to the next generation without any mutations taking place. But instead of stating that most obvious explanation, the authors say that the reason for the increased risk is due...to the father's pre-existing conditions that necessitated SSRI use in the first place. I don't know how to call this other than pathetic, corrupt muddling of science in defense of profit and status quo!
Hey @GAF, if you want to get riled up even more after the orlistat story, see below.

Prenatal Paternal Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors Use and Risk of ADHD in Offspring
Paternal SSRI Use Before Conception Linked to Offspring ADHD

"...Paternal use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) before conception is associated with increased risk of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in offspring, according to a study published online December 11 in Pediatrics. Fen Yang, from Fudan University in Shanghai, and colleagues conducted a cohort study involving 781,470 singletons born between 1996 and 2008 who were followed through 2013. Children whose fathers used SSRIs during the 3 months preceding conception were identified as exposed..."The mildly increased risk of ADHD in offspring associated with paternal SSRI use before conception could probably be due to the underlying indications related to SSRI use," the authors write."

GAF

It's a good thing I loved getting riled up. Playing golf with a well off gentleman last Sunday whose 17 yr old son is a pothead/dabs who took adhd meds as a kid who was diagnosed with some sort of "genetic" enlarged heart malformation, so naturally the kid adopted an "I am going to die early anyway" mentality and so the kid is basically a worthless pot potato. Meanwhile, the dad feels hopeless and helpless and back in day he was drunk a lot of the time (probably about the time he was injecting sperm into his wife).

Anyway, I blurted out the genetic explanation by the docs is BS and the supposed heart problem is probably just a niacinamide shortage and the kid needs real medical attention and hope for a future as something other than a short-lived sofa dweller.

All that in about 6 holes. I excluded the part about his 2 year effort to save his marriage.

haidut

I blurted out the genetic explanation by the docs is BS and the supposed heart problem is probably just a niacinamide shortage

How did that comment go?

GAF

Passed directly through the empty spaces between his ears. "Regular" people my age and up have no context to compute such off the wall comments. That's why I make them. Hoping, one day, someone will actually ask a follow-up question.

DaveFoster

This study's particularly interesting because of the widespread emphasis on the maternal impact of fetal development, but there's this separation of the male's health and that of his gamete.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Testosterone Promotes Paternal Behaviour In A Monogamous Mammal Via Conversion To Oestrogen Scientific Studies 3
D What should I do while tapering of SSRI after 3 months of use Ask For Help or Advice 0
F Best Resources for SSRI Tapering/Withdrawl Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
poilochio Is it OK to use cyproheptadine with an SSRI Drug? for sleep? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 1
youngsinatra Weaning Off SSRI - Above All Reduce Stress? Mental Issues 16
Jwicks1995 SSRI withdrawal - Acetylcholine Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 7
P Hashimoto, metabolism and ssri Metabolism 2
Mito Why an antidepressant (SSRI) could be used to treat COVID-19 Miscellaneous Health Discussions 13
haidut Serotonin (and SSRI drugs) can cause anxiety and PTSD Scientific Studies 0
R Considering TRT As Last-Resort For Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) Ask For Help or Advice 27
haidut SSRI Drugs Increase Violent Behavior And Promote Recidivism Scientific Studies 0
haidut SSRI Drugs, Not Depression, Destroy Empathy Scientific Studies 0
fitnessgirl SSRI Increases Risk Of Pulmonary Hypertension In Newborns Scientific Studies 0
haidut SSRI Drugs Strikingly Toxic For Fetal Brain, May Cause Autism Scientific Studies 6
M Anti-Peat Felt Way Better On SSRI's Debate - Anti-Peat 27
A.R Do SSRI Drugs Usage Cause Feminisation In Men? Ask For Help or Advice 7
M SSRI Retards Growth, Makes Your Kids Short Health 0
L SSRI Impairs Minocyclins Antidepressive Action Articles & Scientific Studies 2
G Mirtazapine Or Other SSRI Make You Look Older(sagging And Sunken Face) Mental Issues 0
G Mirtazapine Or Other SSRI Make You Look Older(sagging And Sunken Face) Insomnia, Sleep Issues 16
G Mirtazapine Or Other SSRI Make You Look Older(sagging And Sunken Face) Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0
B SSRI Withdrawal And Replacement Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 3
U Tappering Off SSRI Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
haidut SSRI Drugs During Pregnancy Cause Child Autism, Antiserotonin Drugs Cure It Scientific Studies 3
haidut Antidepressants (SSRI) Make Females Unattractive, Provoke Male Aggression Scientific Studies 112
A Severe Cognitive Decline After SSRI Ask For Help or Advice 21
A A Way To Reverse Ssri Induced Excess Allopregnanolone? Ask For Help or Advice 6
haidut SSRI Drugs Such As Prozac (fluoxetine) Cause Antibiotic Resistance Scientific Studies 7
haidut Massive Study Says SSRI Drugs Are BOTH Ineffective And Dangerous Scientific Studies 15
haidut SSRI Drugs (Prozac) Worsen Prenatal Stress And May Contribute To Autism Scientific Studies 3
S HELP I WANT OFF OF SSRI’s HELP Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 7
P Paxil SSRI Withdrawl Sexual Dysfunction Health 14
biggirlkisss Interesting Study On Ssri Ask For Help or Advice 0
haidut SSRI Drugs May Cause Serious Lung Disease And Fibrosis Scientific Studies 14
haidut SSRI Make Organisms Demented, Violent & Homicidal, Even At Low Doses Scientific Studies 39
biggirlkisss Why Are Ssri's So Addictive? Ask For Help or Advice 6
J How Safe Is Pregnenolone? (For Healing SSRI Effects) Ask For Help or Advice 15
haidut SSRI Use In Children Dramatically Increases Risk Of Diabetes In Adulthood Scientific Studies 3
haidut SSRI / Serotonin Worsens Tinnitus Scientific Studies 13
haidut SSRI Drugs Linked To At Least 28 Murders, Including Mass Shootings In USA Scientific Studies 10
J Lab Results - 5+ Years Of Chronic Fatigue/insomnia + Brutal SSRI Withdrawals Blood Work, Labs 20
J Experiences Of Cypro After Long Term SSRI Use / Withdrawal? Cyproheptadine 5
logicalscout Post-SSRI Sleep Adaptations Discussion Thread Insomnia, Sleep Issues 7
haidut SSRI Drugs Impair Judgment, Wisdom, Understanding, Love And Empathy Scientific Studies 151
Serious Black If SSRI's Are Bad Then What Is The Alternative? Mental Issues 46
A How Fluoxetine (or Any SSRI) Affect Serotonin Levels In Synapses And Totaly? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
ecstatichamster Antihistamines - Block Choline, Stop Working, SSRI-like, Anhedonia? Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
A Post-SSRI-Symptoms Mental Issues 9
Cymatic Post-SSRI Ask For Help or Advice 5
M Chronic Craniofacial Discomfort. Can Only Listen To Music If I'm On An SSRI. Need Supplement Advice Ask For Help or Advice 35