Bald Guy Regrows Hair With Birth Control Pills

JKX

Mrchibbs beat me to it...

It would definately be worth trying a good dose of vit E for a month or two. Or something like Mitolipin? If you can saturate the lipids in the cell I think this pushes things in the right direction. Estrogen out, progesterone in.

Good liver function is required to remove the estrogen. Vit E, Mitolipin and maybe a small amount of taurine or glycine should improve this too.

Supplementing prog was definately helpful to me but it requires a super high calcium intake to off-set the side effects. I think short term use of prog for males is best. I prefer topical pregnenolone in small doses but my health has improved enough that I dont think I require to supplement these any more.

Nothing but good things to say about Mitolipin. It had a notable effect on my respiration. Completely unrestricted breathing.

Atman

The extend to which some men go to preserve their scalp hair is mind blowing. But I guess these men are already in a bad psychological place to begin with, which makes them susceptible to these kinds of madness.
If I were that vain about my appearance I would rather get a professional hair piece instead of chemically castrating myself or needling my scalp everyday.

This also appears to be a cultural trend of some sort which can also be observed when it comes to this forum.
Back in the days of the inception of the forum, I don't think there were many if any male hairloss threads, although Danny was already around back then. It was all about curing chronic illnesses and increasing energy levels. Nowadays it feels like every second thread which pops up, is about scalp hair.

mrchibbs

The extend to which some men go to preserve their scalp hair is mind blowing. But I guess these men are already in a bad psychological place to begin with, which makes them susceptible to these kinds of madness.
If I were that vain about my appearance I would rather get a professional hair piece instead of chemically castrating myself or needling my scalp everyday.

This also appears to be a cultural trend of some sort which can also be observed when it comes to this forum.
Back in the days of the inception of the forum, I don't think there were many if any male hairloss threads, although Danny was already around back then. It was all about curing chronic illnesses and increasing energy levels. Nowadays it feels like every second thread which pops up, is about scalp hair.

Danny and Ray have made it clear that hair loss is a sign of chronic illnesses and metabolic deficiency. So it makes sense that people are concerned about their hair.
But you're right, the quality of the discussion has deteriorated somewhat.

redsun

Maybe.. my estrogen is high and prolactin is higher than it should be.. taking progrsterone makes me feel really really out of it

Maybe as others have suggested vitamin E can help but 100% that should not be the first course of action. It is dopamine that counters prolactin so taking P5P with zinc (take both together) and vitamin C should help lower that and is the direct route to doing so.

Shouldnt really need to supplement C if you are consuming high vitamin C fruits daily but if not its important you remedy that as C is vital for iron metabolism and thus making dopamine (since iron is a requirement). P5P is cleaved in the digestive tract to just Pyridoxal and is activated by zinc via pyridoxal kinase. This active B6 can then play its role in optimizing dopamine levels and thus lowering prolactin.

Pyridoxine (HCL) is plant B6 and is not useable by humans unless you have a lot of things steps going right and there are genetic variations that can make it an issue for many to utilize plant B6. Some studies even suggest this version can even worsen B6 status while pyridoxal 5 phosphate (which becomes pyridoxal in the intestines) does not have this issue.

Ascorbic Acid Potentiates the Inhibitory Effect of Dopamine on Prolactin Release: A Putative Supplementary Agent for PIF - PubMed

Mrchibbs beat me to it...

It would definately be worth trying a good dose of vit E for a month or two. Or something like Mitolipin? If you can saturate the lipids in the cell I think this pushes things in the right direction. Estrogen out, progesterone in.

Good liver function is required to remove the estrogen. Vit E, Mitolipin and maybe a small amount of taurine or glycine should improve this too.

Supplementing prog was definately helpful to me but it requires a super high calcium intake to off-set the side effects. I think short term use of prog for males is best. I prefer topical pregnenolone in small doses but my health has improved enough that I dont think I require to supplement these any more.

Nothing but good things to say about Mitolipin. It had a notable effect on my respiration. Completely unrestricted breathing.

Yes thats true. My digestion is always messed up, I switched to juicing my fruits now. And eating gelatin soup made with beef oxtail and eating potato protein i make from cooking the juice from potatoes and using cheese that ray recommends for calcium.. that's probably why my estrogen is high since liver is backed up. Hopefully this works I just started the other day..

Lol love this... you must be either a girl or a guy with hair... this is great until you realize the difference when you shave your head and everyone starts treating you differently, girls no longer interested in you. Your testerone tanks and your estrogen goes up, making your face chubbier and less attractive, your digestion gets screwed up, your blood flow goes down 10 fold so your skin stops having color to it and starts turning pale.. your libido goes away.. baldness is way more than just losing your hair...it is like a metabolic disease that slowly gets worse and worse....

Maybe as others have suggested vitamin E can help but 100% that should not be the first course of action. It is dopamine that counters prolactin so taking P5P with zinc (take both together) and vitamin C should help lower that and is the direct route to doing so.

Shouldnt really need to supplement C if you are consuming high vitamin C fruits daily but if not its important you remedy that as C is vital for iron metabolism and thus making dopamine (since iron is a requirement). P5P is cleaved in the digestive tract to just Pyridoxal and is activated by zinc via pyridoxal kinase. This active B6 can then play its role in optimizing dopamine levels and thus lowering prolactin.

Pyridoxine (HCL) is plant B6 and is not useable by humans unless you have a lot of things steps going right and there are genetic variations that can make it an issue for many to utilize plant B6. Some studies even suggest this version can even worsen B6 status while pyridoxal 5 phosphate (which becomes pyridoxal in the intestines) does not have this issue.

Ascorbic Acid Potentiates the Inhibitory Effect of Dopamine on Prolactin Release: A Putative Supplementary Agent for PIF - PubMed

This post is everything.. i have known my dopamine is messed up for a while.... many times I increased my dopamine my digestion improves 10 fold... i thought prlactin inhibited dopamine I didn't know it was the other way around.....

redsun

This post is everything.. i have known my dopamine is messed up for a while.... many times I increased my dopamine my digestion improves 10 fold... i thought prlactin inhibited dopamine I didn't know it was the other way around.....

Other names for dopamine are prolactin inhibiting factor or prolactin inhibiting hormone.

Yeh P5P (pyridoxal 5 phosphate), zinc, vitamin C will help dopamine levels, but also folate, so making sure folates in the diet are well covered is important. Its not all there is to it but it will help significantly.

Atman

Lol love this... you must be either a girl or a guy with hair... this is great until you realize the difference when you shave your head and everyone starts treating you differently, girls no longer interested in you. Your testerone tanks and your estrogen goes up, making your face chubbier and less attractive, your digestion gets screwed up, your blood flow goes down 10 fold so your skin stops having color to it and starts turning pale.. your libido goes away.. baldness is way more than just losing your hair...it is like a metabolic disease that slowly gets worse and worse....
I am a man with pretty average recession on my temples considering my age.
Also, I am not sure about the causality you imply in your points. If male baldness, which has been around as far as our record of human history goes, is that directly linked to serious metabolic disease, you would be able to demonstrate that bald men have a significantly lower life expentancy.
In my opinion the notion that a healthy man has to have a teenage boy hairline up into his 40s and that so much of a mans self worth is defined by that is a cultural trend of our times.

Last edited:

DhtAssassin

Also, I am not sure about the causality you imply in your points. If male baldness, which has been around as far as our record of human history goes, is that directly linked to serious metabolic disease, you would be able to demonstrate that bald men have a significantly lower life expentancy.
In my opinion the notion that a healthy man has to have a teenage boy hairline up into his 40s and that so much of a mans self worth is defined by that is a cultural trend of our times.

Yup, the health card is quite strange here.. Yesterday I met a classmate of my father, he is 54 years old, has been homeless for 20 years and is a heavy drinker.. Haven't noticed any recession or thinning on him.. Genetics is the biggest factor here. I personally haven't seen any pictures of people who fixed their hair with healthy lifestyle/diet changes. Sadly, it's usually the hormones route that brings the results (or minox and dermarolling)

Lol right says the guy with hair... exactly man you can't talk about this if you haven't been through it.. and people balding have higb estrogen or not enough sgerojd hormones to handle the problem... that is not healthy, if you think so you are on the wrong forum

Other names for dopamine are prolactin inhibiting factor or prolactin inhibiting hormone.

Yeh P5P (pyridoxal 5 phosphate), zinc, vitamin C will help dopamine levels, but also folate, so making sure folates in the diet are well covered is important. Its not all there is to it but it will help significantly.

Damn thanks all right what doses do u think are good?

redsun

Damn thanks all right what doses do u think are good?

Should need no more than 25mg P5P and as for zinc... You should examine how much zinc you get in the daily diet. Should be getting minimum 10-15mg daily from diet and you should need 10-15mg zinc supplement at most on top of that.

The P5P will also help absorb more zinc as well. Usually want to limit total zinc intake to below 30mg. Going way over 30mg occasionally if its from oysters is fine as they provide a lot of iron, copper, selenium to balance it out.

mrchibbs

I don't know what you've been reading...but baldness is correlated with elevated markers for every type of CDV problems you can think of. Bald guys have elevated prolactin, cortisol, estrogen etc. That people can still try to argue that is uncorrelated to the state of the organism is baffling. Maybe there should be a study on life expectancy of bald men, or maybe it's too obvious and no one has done it, who knows? The body is pretty resilient at staying alive, by downregulating energy and circulation to unessential systems. I see no reason why a man in his 40s shouldn't have the hair of a teenage boy. No reason at all.

One counterpoint, or aspect that I'll admit to is that the mere fact of being bald can potentially raise the psychological stress response in men, and may in of itself explain the elevated stress hormones in balding men. At the very least it's a factor to consider.

Zigzag

One counterpoint, or aspect that I'll admit to is that the mere fact of being bald can potentially raise the psychological stress response in men, and may in of itself explain the elevated stress hormones in balding men. At the very least it's a factor to consider.
A neverending cascade of stress.

OP
E

Estradiol

I don't know what you've been reading...but baldness is correlated with elevated markers for every type of CDV problems you can think of. Bald guys have elevated prolactin, cortisol, estrogen etc. That people can still try to argue that is uncorrelated to the state of the organism is baffling. Maybe there should be a study on life expectancy of bald men, or maybe it's too obvious and no one has done it, who knows? The body is pretty resilient at staying alive, by downregulating energy and circulation to unessential systems. I see no reason why a man in his 40s shouldn't have the hair of a teenage boy. No reason at all.

My uncle head 2 heart attacks and a surgery. He's full head of hair. I'm not kidding, he has a hairline like NW-1. He is also have androgenic features like deep voice.

I personally won't believe anymore CVD theory.

I have seen people with NW0-NW1, have androgenic features and still get heart attack or heart failure.

Obese guys with NW0-NW1 hairline..

But you're still right about heart health anyways.

JKX

Yup, the health card is quite strange here.. Yesterday I met a classmate of my father, he is 54 years old, has been homeless for 20 years and is a heavy drinker.. Haven't noticed any recession or thinning on him.. Genetics is the biggest factor here. I personally haven't seen any pictures of people who fixed their hair with healthy lifestyle/diet changes. Sadly, it's usually the hormones route that brings the results (or minox and dermarolling)
I really dont understand the genetic argument for any disease. If something is genetically awry...surely it would manifest from birth as several truly genetic diseases do. Genes do not change throughout life. Medical dogma may state their expression may... but in my opinion thats just in response to metabolism.

What makes you believe there is a switch that states person x will loose hair at 20, person y will loose hair at 30, person z will loose hair at 40?. I'm not being cheeky, I'm genuinely interested in how you've formed this viewpoint?

For example, how many balding 10 year olds do you know? A child has the metabolic capacity to produce energy not only to maintain structure, but to grow and thrive. Most adults today dont even have the energy production sufficient to maintain structure. Hence the plethora of middle aged disease we currently see. Disease which was not present when that person was a child.

Balding is just one manifestation of energy decline as any other disease is. The diseases are the symptoms of aging. Some may experience heart disease, some may experience diabetes, likley based on their specific nutritional insufficiencies or accumulations of environmental toxins. Maybe there are small genetic predispositions based on stress imprints from previous generations, but I struggle with the notion that the main factor is not metabolic in all disease.

mrchibbs

My uncle head 2 heart attacks and a surgery. He's full head of hair. I'm not kidding, he has a hairline like NW-1. He is also have androgenic features like deep voice.

I personally won't believe anymore CVD theory.

I have seen people with NW0-NW1, have androgenic features and still get heart attack or heart failure.

Obese guys with NW0-NW1 hairline..

But you're still right about heart health anyways.

I believe you. I did not say every bald men is sick and ill. Much like I'm not saying every men with hair is automatically in good health.
I'm saying there is a strong overall statistical relationship between balding and CVD problems, and a definite hormonal pattern to hair loss.
Whether you believe it or not is beside the point, the fact remains, it is there.

Moreover, everybody ages and experiences stress at different rates. It is possible for a man with an amazing head of hair and good health to experience acute stress at some point in life and get heart attacks. Hair loss is a progressive thing, it's possible to be someone in an active process of losing hair and for it not to be visible yet, especially if that person had a pretty good life and avoided early life stressors.

mrchibbs

I really dont understand the genetic argument for any disease. If something is genetically awry...surely it would manifest from birth as several truly genetic diseases do. Genes do not change throughout life. Medical dogma may state their expression may... but in my opinion thats just in response to metabolism

Thankfully, the medical world is slowly waking up to the possibility of transgenerational epigenetic change (i.e. heredity) vs. genome-centered theory of disease which has proven to be totally useless and fraudulent. I think genetic determinism was pushed for the past 5-6 decades merely to be able to keep people hopeless and fully subservient to pharmaceutical medicines.

mrchibbs

A neverending cascade of stress.

Indeed. It is a positive feedback loop which absolutely needs to be stopped. (hence why I think cypro and/or aspirin is essential for balding guys) I would never minimize the importance of hair, especially for a young man.

Collden

I really dont understand the genetic argument for any disease. If something is genetically awry...surely it would manifest from birth as several truly genetic diseases do. Genes do not change throughout life. Medical dogma may state their expression may... but in my opinion thats just in response to metabolism.

What makes you believe there is a switch that states person x will loose hair at 20, person y will loose hair at 30, person z will loose hair at 40?. I'm not being cheeky, I'm genuinely interested in how you've formed this viewpoint?

For example, how many balding 10 year olds do you know? A child has the metabolic capacity to produce energy not only to maintain structure, but to grow and thrive. Most adults today dont even have the energy production sufficient to maintain structure. Hence the plethora of middle aged disease we currently see. Disease which was not present when that person was a child.

Balding is just one manifestation of energy decline as any other disease is. The diseases are the symptoms of aging. Some may experience heart disease, some may experience diabetes, likley based on their specific nutritional insufficiencies or accumulations of environmental toxins. Maybe there are small genetic predispositions based on stress imprints from previous generations, but I struggle with the notion that the main factor is not metabolic in all disease.
So you think just because women are not born with fully formed breasts and men not born with beards that these characteristics are not driven by genes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom