Bald Guy Regrows Hair With Birth Control Pills

Tarmander

You guys notice how he seemed much happier for awhile after starting the estrogen? It was like something changed in him and he was outgoing and looking for adventure.

As the pics progress he seems to get unhappy and dour.

There is some kind of life lesson there with regards to estrogen, but not sure what it is

mrchibbs

I personally don't find it very surprising that a guy who takes estrogen and progesterone analogues has regrown his hair. There are many reports of FtM transexuals who lose their hair taking male hormones, and MtF transexuals who regrow scalp hair on estradiol alone.

Though personally, even if I was rapidly losing my hair (ive lost some on the temples, but nothing much more yet), can't say I'd want to go to these extreme lengths to get it back.

Can you link the Estradiol alone papers? I’ve never seen regrowth except when combined with a progestin?

T

TheBeard

Goobz

Can you link the Estradiol alone papers? I’ve never seen regrowth except when combined with a progestin?

Well by reports I just meant self reports via posts on internet forums, similar to the first post in the thread. But I'll have another look later on if I get some time.

mrchibbs

rei

This is from a study Danny has quoted himself, many times. It shows that the men with premature balding had elevated serum progesterone, though still within range (Reference range is 1.0-3.5). Do you have any studies showing different patterns? Men with liver disease (cirrhosis and such) often have drastically elevated progesterone, and since balding men are likely to have liver issues (as can be seen by their decreased SHBG), it is reasonable to assume that their progesterone will be elevated, too.

View attachment 18148
Looks like you are mixing up progesterone and 17-oh-progesterone. First being protective and beneficial, second being an indicator of stress.

Zigzag

Definitely not. I cannot believe people care about hair so much as to take birth control. It's just hair...
Obviously going ladyboy for hair is stupid, but it's not "just hair". Some people really can't pull off the bald look. Don't even start with "looks" are not important.

OP
E

Estradiol

In the last pictures, he appears to be thinning.

His crown is thinng. But I think he can use dermaroller and taurine.

Since crown thinning associated with hypertension.

Keep in mind that this used nothing but birth control pills and progestins. So he can easily improve with safe ways like taurine, caffeine, microneedling, bromocriptine..

mrchibbs

His crown is thinng. But I think he can use dermaroller and taurine.

Since crown thinning associated with hypertension.

Keep in mind that this used nothing but birth control pills and progestins. So he can easily improve with safe ways like taurine, caffeine, microneedling, bromocriptine..

I think metergoline or cyproheptadine are safer than bromocriptine.

Oysters and vitamin E are probably even safer if the goal is to lower the prolactin.

Elie

Forum Supporter
No surprise there. I’ve written quite a few posts on cyproterone acetate on this forum in the last little while. It isn’t available in the US on its own, because its actually an anti-estrogen (and big pharma doesn’t like anti estrogenic compounds). It notably raises plasma progesterone, while also lowering cortisol and aldosterone.

Funnily enough I think cyproterone acetate and spironolactone work better, and are safer than finasteride. Both of these substances have led to documented full cases of baldness reversal, and the side effects seem less dangerous and permanent than finasteride. I still wouldn’t recommend or use them for hair loss, especially not when progesterone is available, and all three are simply progesterone derivates.

Any info on dosage? applied topically or taken orally?

Ras

Maybe a lot of his hair regrew because estrogen kicks the hair into anagen, then it thinned because a follicle can't remain in anagen forever. That's one reason why women's hair tends to bulk up during pregnancy, and also why a lot of it falls out immediately after: the manifold higher estrogen, then the great lack thereof (to promote lactation). Progesterone increases too, but not nearly as much.

mrchibbs

Maybe a lot of his hair regrew because estrogen kicks the hair into anagen, then it thinned because a follicle can't remain in anagen forever. That's one reason why women's hair tends to bulk up during pregnancy, and also why a lot of it falls out immediately after: the manifold higher estrogen, then the great lack thereof (to promote lactation). Progesterone increases too, but not nearly as much.

I think it is strictly the relatively high progesterone that makes the luxuriant hair, not estrogen.

Adrenals cause peripheral androgen upregulation. This results in a positive feedback loop.

and I have seen many men who are balding severely with sky high progesterone.

Why do they have high progesterone? What is the way and how to lower?

mrchibbs

Why do they have high progesterone? What is the way and how to lower?

They don't have high progesterone. No balding men has high progesterone. No clue why he said that.

JKX

I do.. i got mine tested and it was over the range, but I have been unable to find out why.
High in serum perhaps... but I'd be willing to bet your tissue concentrations of progesterone are low and your tissue estrogen concentrations are high.

Prolactin is a more accurate metric for tissue estrogen concentrations. How is your prolactin?

High in serum perhaps... but I'd be willing to bet your tissue concentrations of progesterone are low and your tissue estrogen concentrations are high.

Prolactin is a more accurate metric for tissue estrogen concentrations. How is your prolactin?

Maybe.. my estrogen is high and prolactin is higher than it should be.. taking progrsterone makes me feel really really out of it

mrchibbs

Maybe.. my estrogen is high and prolactin is higher than it should be.. taking progrsterone makes me feel really really out of it

I guess progesterone metabolites could be slightly elevated as an adaptive measure to lower the estrogen. Much like DHEA is elevated in stress and doesn't reflect high endogenous production of androgens.

@JKX is very right, prolactin is not only an indicator of estrogen, but also high serotonin.

Get that down. Zinc, vitamin E and certain medications geared to lower prolactin may help.

Progesterone has a sedative effect because it is so powerfully anti-stress. It can quickly crush aldosterone, cortisol, adrenaline etc. If you take a mix of Progesterone and DHEA in a ratio of say 5-8:1 you'll get a much more energizing effect out of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom