An Herbal Nasal Drop Enhanced Frontal and Anterior Cingulate Cortex Activity

zorba990

An Herbal Nasal Drop Enhanced Frontal and Anterior Cingulate Cortex Activity​

Abstract​

The present study examined the neuro-electrophysiological activity of the brain associated with the application of a herbal remedy developed by a Shaolin monk based upon the Chan healing principle of clearing the orifices (i.e., the nasal cavities). A repeated-measures design was used. Fourteen normal adults were administered herbal remedy and saline solution intranasally on separate sessions. Two intervals of eyes-closed resting EEG data were obtained individually before and after each administration. Results showed that only the herbal remedy but not the saline solution induced elevation in cordance, an index correlated with cerebral perfusion, in the anterior brain region. In addition, the activity of the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), as examined by the LORETA analysis, was also increased after the application of the herbal remedy but not saline solution. The present study provided some preliminary evidence suggesting that the herbal nasal drop enhanced the activity of the frontal lobe and ACC. Implications for the potential clinical application of the herbal remedy to treat patients with frontal lobe disorders were discussed.

@zorba990 You could create a solution based on essential oils (for example rosemary?) for an intranasal spray... but any essential oil could work but I wouldn't know how to manage the concentration and the relationship with water.

Validus

An Herbal Nasal Drop Enhanced Frontal and Anterior Cingulate Cortex Activity​

Abstract​

The present study examined the neuro-electrophysiological activity of the brain associated with the application of a herbal remedy developed by a Shaolin monk based upon the Chan healing principle of clearing the orifices (i.e., the nasal cavities). A repeated-measures design was used. Fourteen normal adults were administered herbal remedy and saline solution intranasally on separate sessions. Two intervals of eyes-closed resting EEG data were obtained individually before and after each administration. Results showed that only the herbal remedy but not the saline solution induced elevation in cordance, an index correlated with cerebral perfusion, in the anterior brain region. In addition, the activity of the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), as examined by the LORETA analysis, was also increased after the application of the herbal remedy but not saline solution. The present study provided some preliminary evidence suggesting that the herbal nasal drop enhanced the activity of the frontal lobe and ACC. Implications for the potential clinical application of the herbal remedy to treat patients with frontal lobe disorders were discussed.
It looks like the "herbal remedy" were primarily these 3, correct? Herba Artemisiae Annuae, Rhizoma Coptidis and Borneol.

I wonder where someone would even source these in an intranasal format.

GTW

Sweet Annie\Sagewort
Coptidis = any berberine herb?
What's borneol?

GTW

Artemisia absinthium is not annua. Sweet wormwood is annua.
And rosemary oil or extract? Could be good but is that borneol as specified?

Validus

Artemisia absinthium is not annua. Sweet wormwood is annua.
And rosemary oil or extract? Could be good but is that borneol as specified?
Good catch, thank you: Here is Artemisia annua - sweet wormwood.

Amazon product ASIN B07G18WSCFView: https://www.amazon.com/Deve-Herbes-Essential-Artemisia-Therapeutic/dp/B07G18WSCF/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1R1Y5BBVUO028&keywords=sweet+wormwood+oil&qid=1695839269&sprefix=sweet+wormwood+oil%2Caps%2C105&sr=8-5

I did read that borneol is found in high concentrations in cannabis, thyme and rosemary.

Probably difficult to get pure borneol.

If you find any, could you share?

Last edited:

onechoice

This has 29% borneol...but not sure we'd want to administer the other components intranasally...seems that IS the intent though...not sure about interactions.

Amazon product ASIN B01M8OPNMRView: https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Saen-Balm-Nasal-Inhaler/dp/B01M8OPNMR/ref=sr_1_9?crid=U1VZBRKBMWVW&keywords=borneol&qid=1695839889&sprefix=borneol%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-9
we inhale this through a wooden hollow tube with a cotton (i think) insert...found the tube online for allergies, but we wanted this for the camphor to inhale it specifically, with this you just inhale the fumes...this is a super rare product (the oil) hope this helps and that resource for essential oils is a medicinal source in quality. personally will not use others

Validus

we inhale this through a wooden hollow tube with a cotton (i think) insert...found the tube online for allergies, but we wanted this for the camphor to inhale it specifically, with this you just inhale the fumes...this is a super rare product (the oil) hope this helps and that resource for essential oils is a medicinal source in quality. personally will not use others
Hey thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom