Ageing process is unstoppable, finds unprecedented study

haidut

Forum Supporter

The study was just a cross-species statistical comparison of lifespan. As such, it "proved" pretty much nothing. It is another thinly veiled attempt to ascribe aging to genes and not to environmental factors, despite the fact that after almost 100 years of genetic research no "aging" gene(s)/causes have been found and no genetic manipulation experiment in animals has significantly increased maximum lifespan.
"...“Our findings support the theory that, rather than slowing down death, more people are living much longer due to a reduction in mortality at younger ages,” said José Manuel Aburto from Oxford’s Leverhulme Centre for Demographic Science, who analysed age-specific birth and death data spanning centuries and continents.
We compared birth and death data from humans and non-human primates and found this general pattern of mortality was the same in all of them,” said Aburto. “This suggests that biological, rather than environmental factors, ultimately control longevity. “The statistics confirmed, individuals live longer as health and living conditions improve which leads to increasing longevity across an entire population. Nevertheless, a steep rise in death rates, as years advance into old age, is clear to see in all species.”

Last edited:

Jon2547

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" HEBREWS 9:27

Zerdusht

What heaven has disposed and sealed is called the inborn nature. The realization of this nature is called the process.

B

Blaze

You can certainly have a big effect the aging process as obviously indicated by reducing your life expectancy thru poor diet , drug use or alcohol or exposure to toxins and extending life through avoiding the same. Researchers show this all the time in lab experiments on animals. While aging in context is certainly unstoppable , there is a great effect that can be had to preserve ,extend or restore to a degree the peak function and fertility of an organism.

Last edited by a moderator:

PolishSun

I am right now reading a book, in which it is claimed that humans were bioengineered to live short and not to be too smart, (by Michael Tellinger).

B

Blaze

I am right now reading a book, in which it is claimed that humans were bioengineered to live short and not to be too smart, (by Michael Tellinger).
Bioengineered by whom? For years a prevailing theory is that reproduction is the only true purpose of the organism and health and vitality are strongly maintained to accomplish that goal, after that it is presupposed the organism is no longer necessary as it has fulfilled it's purpose. No bioengineerring that I can see other than by our very nature we adapt to suit our environment and survive and perpetuate.

Not appropriate to state that humans are not too smart. Though there abounds many examples of stupid individuals, no other creature alters their environment on the level that we do , and thinks more deeply than we do contemplating both the physical and the metaphysical. We are even aware of the design of things and on some level seek to manipulate that design though science.

In spite of all the myriad theories, humans are still struggling to understand their bigger purpose in the grand scheme of things or even look for a designer. Every ancient culture on the planet has come up with religion as it seems to be intrinsically built into man to search for God. Those who are frustrated in that endeavor to understand, deny all purpose and a possible designer altogether.

TheSir

For years a prevailing theory is that reproduction is the only true purpose of the organism and health and vitality are strongly maintained to accomplish that goal, after that it is presupposed the organism is no longer necessary as it has fulfilled it's purpose.
Yet at the same time, humans have evolved into a species that operates in groups. Longer lifespan within the group increases the survival & reproductive success of the members of the group due to accumulation of experience and wisdom. So even if we view reproduction as the only purpose of the human organism, long lifespan would naturally evolve to support this purpose.

B

Blaze

Yet at the same time, humans have evolved into a species that operates in groups. Longer lifespan among a group increases the survival & reproductive success of the members of the group due to accumulation of experience and wisdom. So even if we view reproduction as the only purpose of the human organism, long lifespan would naturally evolve to support this purpose.
Plausible............. I hope we can work for the good of the group (mankind) as a whole. A lot of people who feel no connection or brotherhood are working against the group now, and do not value individuals and as such, simply want to reduce the population.

The human evolution you spoke of has taken on a whole new dimension these last decades.
Sometimes I worry we will simply wipe our species out before we can develop our massive accumulation of experience and wisdom and science into something mentally and spiritually incredible. Technology has expanded exponentially, science and understanding are now moving forward at light speed. The changes will be on a large scale. Will it end up working for our benefit or detriment?
Hopeful that there is a destiny for us all being guided by God, if any here should even deem it worthy to allow for the possibility of that notion. Or we could just simply chart the same philosophical course Friedrich Nietzsche took. Without a doubt, an extremely brilliant mind, but his charted course led only to his own insanity.

Hugh Johnson

The study was just a cross-species statistical comparison of lifespan. As such, it "proved" pretty much nothing. It is another thinly veiled attempt to ascribe aging to genes and not to environmental factors, despite the fact that after almost 100 years of genetic research no "aging" gene(s)/causes have been found and no genetic manipulation experiment in animals has significantly increased maximum lifespan.
"...“Our findings support the theory that, rather than slowing down death, more people are living much longer due to a reduction in mortality at younger ages,” said José Manuel Aburto from Oxford’s Leverhulme Centre for Demographic Science, who analysed age-specific birth and death data spanning centuries and continents.
We compared birth and death data from humans and non-human primates and found this general pattern of mortality was the same in all of them,” said Aburto. “This suggests that biological, rather than environmental factors, ultimately control longevity. “The statistics confirmed, individuals live longer as health and living conditions improve which leads to increasing longevity across an entire population. Nevertheless, a steep rise in death rates, as years advance into old age, is clear to see in all species.”
Correct me if I am wrong. For the argument to be valid, you would need to assume that the environment has gotten better for human life over the years. Somewhat true, but the diet, lifestyle of adults, and environment in general seems to be a disaster in the modern society. It would be valid if we had perfected diets and environment and social relationships.

Bioengineered by whom? For years a prevailing theory is that reproduction is the only true purpose of the organism and health and vitality are strongly maintained to accomplish that goal, after that it is presupposed the organism is no longer necessary as it has fulfilled it's purpose. No bioengineerring that I can see other than by our very nature we adapt to suit our environment and survive and perpetuate.

Not appropriate to state that humans are not too smart. Though there abounds many examples of stupid individuals, no other creature alters their environment on the level that we do , and thinks more deeply than we do contemplating both the physical and the metaphysical. We are even aware of the design of things and on some level seek to manipulate that design though science.

In spite of all the myriad theories, humans are still struggling to understand their bigger purpose in the grand scheme of things or even look for a designer. Every ancient culture on the planet has come up with religion as it seems to be intrinsically built into man to search for God. Those who are frustrated in that endeavor to understand, deny all purpose and a possible designer altogether.
This is what most would consider New Age stuff. There are claims of genetic engineering by the Annunaki, and by a whole bunch of alien races, and the lifespans crashing from thousand years+ to current due to lack of buildup of positive polarity and inharmonious relationships between people. Allegedly scientists have found evolutionary changes in humans that make no sense. This is for spiritual people, and useless for the rest.

B

Blaze

Correct me if I am wrong. For the argument to be valid, you would need to assume that the environment has gotten better for human life over the years. Somewhat true, but the diet, lifestyle of adults, and environment in general seems to be a disaster in the modern society. It would be valid if we had perfected diets and environment and social relationships.

This is what most would consider New Age stuff. There are claims of genetic engineering by the Annunaki, and by a whole bunch of alien races, and the lifespans crashing from thousand years+ to current due to lack of buildup of positive polarity and inharmonious relationships between people. Allegedly scientists have found evolutionary changes in humans that make no sense. This is for spiritual people, and useless for the rest.
You must be referring to the well known theory of Pan Spermia, an overt outside alien interference, the notion that an alien race started the human race from scratch with their alien dna or modified an existing animal...or a pre sapian human ....... or even interacted with and altered ancient egyptians. It is actually taught in some universities except for the more unbelievable alien interference egyptian stuff, so I don't know how "New Age" it should be called. I first heard of that Alien interference hypothesis concept in a Stephen Nowicki, The Great Courses audio book on biology. (Highly recommended, I might add)

The Alien movie Promethius I think was based on that Pan Spermia theory. It simply states the possibility that life was seeded here or that existing apes may have been modified or the more ridiculous extrapolation that some Egyptians were visited in your example like in the Stargate TV series etc......

That the possibility life was either seeded here from without or spontaneously came into being from the ingredients already here forming a protocell or probiont in a pool of goo or a matrix formed in clay . Not much controversy at all in that those are definite possibilities.

As to your comment "This is for spiritual people, and useless for the rest" ---- I would not disqualify a purely science based person's opinion and nor would I label something New Age and disqualify a spiritual persons opinion as useless or non scientific. I would humbly listen and let the evidence they present speak for itself and attempt to discern truth from falsehood. Many if not most of histories early scientists were spiritual. For me, that does not in any way contaminate the true science they discovered.

Hugh Johnson

You must be referring to the well known theory of Pan Spermia, an overt outside alien interference, the notion that an alien race started the human race from scratch with their alien dna or modified an existing animal...or a pre sapian human ....... or even interacted with and altered ancient egyptians. It is actually taught in some universities except for the more unbelievable alien interference egyptian stuff, so I don't know how "New Age" it should be called. I first heard of that Alien interference hypothesis concept in a Stephen Nowicki, The Great Courses audio book on biology. (Highly recommended, I might add)

The Alien movie Promethius I think was based on that Pan Spermia theory. It simply states the possibility that life was seeded here or that existing apes may have been modified or the more ridiculous extrapolation that some Egyptians were visited in your example like in the Stargate TV series etc......

That the possibility life was either seeded here from without or spontaneously came into being from the ingredients already here forming a protocell or probiont in a pool of goo or a matrix formed in clay . Not much controversy at all in that those are definite possibilities.

As to your comment "This is for spiritual people, and useless for the rest" ---- I would not disqualify a purely science based person's opinion and nor would I label something New Age and disqualify a spiritual persons opinion as useless or non scientific. I would humbly listen and let the evidence they present speak for itself and attempt to discern truth from falsehood. Many if not most of histories early scientists were spiritual. For me, that does not in any way contaminate the true science they discovered.
No. I'm referring to channelled material. As in people who telepathically communicate with alien entities, among others. I am surprised they would teach any aline interference theories in Unis though.

I'm not disqualifying any opinions. Just saying it is at most interesting fantasy for those not spiritual. For us new agers it can be useful.

B

Blaze

I am surprised they would teach any aline interference theories in Unis though.

I'm not disqualifying any opinions. Just saying it is at most interesting fantasy for those not spiritual. For us new agers it can be useful.
Well, in context, it isn't like they are overtly yelling with a certainty - Little green men! and losing all self respect and credibility in those Universities.

It is far more reserved than that. They allow for the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe, and teach that life may have been seeded here by intelligent beings and they also teach that instead of intelligent beings seeding the earth it may just be that the genetic material that gave us our start may have arrived in the form of bacteria or something which seeded the earth. They also entertain the notion that Pan Spermia is wrong and that life started here without an external source and spontaneously began with the ingredients already present on earth.
Pure scientific conjecture since the means to verify these theories does not exist. The theories are routinely taught though. Mostly as a way of trying to figure out how life originated and how Rna or Dna came into existence.

As for the rest of it like dramatic Alien interference or of those channeling Egyptians who telepathically communicate with alien entities or unexplained Pyramids and structures built , but not by mankind Etc.Etc..............we are left with Hollywood movies or the Discovery channel and other such nonsense.

Missenger

Looks like a crypto South African jew to me. Do you want to be completely enslaved? Because that's what people like that want you to be. They won't be the 'transhumans', they want you to be. Diseased and enslaved.

Attachments

• 330px-Michael_TEllinger.jpg
    330px-Michael_TEllinger.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9

Hugh Johnson

Well, in context, it isn't like they are overtly yelling with a certainty - Little green men! and losing all self respect and credibility in those Universities.

It is far more reserved than that. They allow for the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe, and teach that life may have been seeded here by intelligent beings and they also teach that instead of intelligent beings seeding the earth it may just be that the genetic material that gave us our start may have arrived in the form of bacteria or something which seeded the earth. They also entertain the notion that Pan Spermia is wrong and that life started here without an external source and spontaneously began with the ingredients already present on earth.
Pure scientific conjecture since the means to verify these theories does not exist. The theories are routinely taught though. Mostly as a way of trying to figure out how life originated and how Rna or Dna came into existence.

As for the rest of it like dramatic Alien interference or of those channeling Egyptians who telepathically communicate with alien entities or unexplained Pyramids and structures built , but not by mankind Etc.Etc..............we are left with Hollywood movies or the Discovery channel and other such nonsense.
You do realise that channelling is quite common these days? We just don't talk about it, because pearls to the swine and all that.

jnklheimer

Looks like a crypto South African jew to me. Do you want to be completely enslaved? Because that's what people like that want you to be. They won't be the 'transhumans', they want you to be. Diseased and enslaved.
Did you forget to take your meds today?

B

Blaze

You do realise that channelling is quite common these days? We just don't talk about it, because pearls to the swine and all that.
I am aware of it, just dragging my feet a bit on giving it credence my friend. I remember reading how the Russians invested a lot of time in psychic abilities trying for remote viewing and psychokinesis and mindreading and communicating with the mind , and any other way the mind can be used to influence and control matter. I am open to the notion this unproven idea could be real and do not completely discount the possibility. I am also open to the idea it is just vain fantasy and is not real. Not much has come my way yet in the form of evidence to support it for now.................

Hugh Johnson

I am aware of it, just dragging my feet a bit on giving it credence my friend. I remember reading how the Russians invested a lot of time in psychic abilities trying for remote viewing and psychokinesis and mindreading and communicating with the mind , and any other way the mind can be used to influence and control matter. I am open to the notion this unproven idea could be real and do not completely discount the possibility. I am also open to the idea it is just vain fantasy and is not real. Not much has come my way yet in the form of evidence to support it for now.................
I am not interested in changing your mind. Whatever you choose to believe you will find correct, and I respect your decision. I will state how I see things working, approaching from a consciousness only model of reality. Take it or leave it.

That being said, personal experience will not come until you believe it. This is due to The Law of Confusion, meant to protect your free will. As long as you believe in materialism, your experience will confirm it, just like people who believe they live in hostile world will find that the world confirms their belief. You will also find no undeniable evidence, because the interesting stuff can not be recorded. I had that experience two weeks ago, the footage disappeared from the camera. If you choose, you can look for the the work of Bernardo Kastrup, for a philosophical basis, and the Skeptiko podcast for the science. If you accept the possibility, you can find actual confirming evidence.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals