Hair Loss Talk

Sheik

what makes you say that?
In all the years since people started using laser helmets/combs, there would have to be some actual proof of it working. But there isn't. All the "results" photos are people using different lighting and/or angles to make it look like some hair has grown back. That or they're fake pictures from people trying to sell laser helmets.

forterpride

LLLT doesn't work beyond placebo effect (making you think your hairline is improving).

lol. Yes. It does. It takes about 2 years to see regrowth. I have had dramatic results with LLLT as have countless others that have been patient. There are studies proving its effectiveness. Anybody who is discouraged about hair loss...do not discount LLLT. Do your homework everybody. Strict peat stopped my hairloss years ago but regrowth only came with patient and consistent use of LLLT. The science is sound. LLLT is NOT placebo or snake oil.

@haidut

The growth of human scalp hair mediated by visible red light laser and LED sources in males. - PubMed - NCBI

Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss

Last edited:

Aleksandr

Would going in the sun daily have the same effect?
I think it would have a similar effect in theory but probably not enough. I imagine most people go in the sun already (the ones losing hair) but they need more than just that to see regrowth. Sun is prometabolic, red light is more specific / intense prometabolic ..

Lol I've been applying caffeine, aspirin, thyroid, you name it, for months. Good luck with that :ss

Sheik

lol. Yes. It does. It takes about 2 years to see regrowth. I have had dramatic results with LLLT as have countless others that have been patient. There are studies proving its effectiveness. Anybody who is discouraged about hair loss...do not discount LLLT. Do your homework everybody. Strict peat stopped my hairloss years ago but regrowth only came with patient and consistent use of LLLT. The science is sound. LLLT is NOT placebo or snake oil.

@haidut

The growth of human scalp hair mediated by visible red light laser and LED sources in males. - PubMed - NCBI

Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss
Do you have before and after pics? I would probably value good pictures from someone on the forum more than links from NCBI and such, as studies often just don't translate into reality.

Did you use LLLT only or other treatments as well?

Last edited:

forterpride

Do you have before and after pics? I would probably value good pictures from someone on the forum more than links from NCBI and such, as studies often just don't translate into reality.

Did you use LLLT only or other treatments as well?

nothing else. my diet has been oj, milk, liver, oysters for about 5 years. i halted hairloss..but no regrowth. 2 years ago i started lllt. I've had dramatic growth on my crown and vellus hairs are slowly but surely appearing in my temples. i could send you pics..but really...pics are worthless. if i was lying to you i could easily make the before and afters look worlds apart. I thought it was bunk as well after 1 year of no regrowth..but after reading several stories of people that didnt see regrowth untill year 2 and 3..i held on. i am so glad i did. i have nothing to gain by lying. people can build their own helmets for a couple hundred bucks. It's truly mindblowing stuff mate. If you are balding..you have nothing to lose.

Drareg

The level of strawman in this thread is impressive.
I can understand those who are frustrated with mpd but claiming Peat should have an outright cure for it is ridiculous when we put the mpd individual into context of their environment. Worst still is implying their should be a quick reversal of said issues.
Peats theories evolve ,it seems Danny Roddy is similar,looking to evolve, you would have to show me a quote where they claim to have an outright cure for all cases of mpd?

Like grey hair,there are many reasons these occur, epigenetics, adaptation has a broad capacity,this works both ways, different types of poor environments will cause different adaptions,different avenues you go down biologically, you may have to pull out of said avenue before you implement status quo metabolic enhancing, just like using pregnenolone while hypothyroid or dhea while slightly high in estorgen can cause issues etc.

What's important to accept in all of this is Peat has mentioned many times that sometimes the damage has been done in some cases,you can stop more damage but it may difficult to reverse completely the issues.
It's clear in modern western society we have consumed extremely poor quality foods since infants,add to that the engineered social condition which breeds dysfunction. Some may have significant damage done in their 20's because of this, the baby boomers were bad but those born after the 70's are worse environmentally Imo, they have been getting fed toxins inside the womb.

Ray Peats hairline looks the same now as in generative energy book,his hairstyle is different.
He has grey hairs, he hasnt reversed these but presuming he has no interest in this or solving it is poor form.

Drareg

Because they have a ***t ton less of androgens. Finasteride would be 100% ineffective if androgens didn't play a role in mpb. Besides there are many studies that show mechanisms where androgens would promote this, and from the protocol list vitamin e, cayenne pepper, selenium all reduce the androgen receptor. Keeping good insulin sensitivity also greatly reduces androgens (see the link with PCOS and diabetes) by increasing SHBG yet no one will argue that this diminished androgen receptor activity is problematic for health.

My own theory is that you can be either androgenic or estrogenic but you can't have both. That's why you'll see some super androgenic men with perfect hair; and some super estrogenic skinnyfat men with no hair loss either. But if you combine both, like in old men generally, it is unavoidable.

The only study I found on vitamin E reducing androgen receptors is with Vitamin E succinate, it's not exactly conclusive either. Haidut posted some good studies on tocopherols reducing androgen signalling but not reducing metabolism.
Vitamin E has been shown to reduce estrogen which we know of well on here. It can also help with progesterone.

I'm not sure the angle your taking but the debates on androgens are on the forum,dht has positive effects in many situations,small amounts of pregnenolone and dhea together have helped some people greatly.
It is plausible like you mention that increasing androgens but more to point DHT may help in some cases,not everyone it seems needs progesterone to stop hair loss. Adding vitamin E on top of this may have a mans body epigentically wondering what's going on.

If taurine has helped some with hairgrowth, it's is a fine example of the different contexts people are in, taurine has been shown to increase prolactin, prolactin causes hair loss for some. It seems some get the positive adrenalin lowering effects from taurine,this helps as it may be stopping pufa metabolism and breaking down muscle which may have been their main issue.

I think many who are not having success with mpd should measure adrenalin levels in the urine over a period,it may be as simple as this in some cases.
The general angle we take is adrenalin is substituting for hypothyroidism or high rt3 , this may not be the case,some may be wired to react this way to daily life, switching off adrenalin gives huge relief and may allow thyroid to do its job.

Taurine and glycine seem to be the strongest natural substances for this that we have found on here,with least addictive potential. Some ergot derivatives may work on adrenalin also with the added effect of lowering prolactin.

Has anyone tried specifically blocking adrenalin for hair loss?

jyb

"...The research study that was published in the British Journal of Dermatology has revealed that a concentrated amount of caffeine has reversed the effects of testosterone to the hair follicle that was extracted from the male subjects. Caffeine has stimulated the growth of the hair and maintained its growing process. But in the same report, the researchers also said that in the earlier phase of their study, they found out that "higher" concentrations of caffeine can restrain the hair growth instead of progressing it."

forterpride

Last thing I'll add to this thread. For anybody out there that feels frustrated and hopeless about hair loss...Strict roddy inspired Peat diet with lllt helmet will give you outstanding results. Don't let the negativity or hopelessness get you down. You can get a handle on this. If you want my detailed approach pm me. It's really not that hard. (for most of you..granted there are some outliers).

jyb

Last thing I'll add to this thread. For anybody out there that feels frustrated and hopeless about hair loss...Strict roddy inspired Peat diet with lllt helmet will give you outstanding results. Don't let the negativity or hopelessness get you down. You can get a handle on this. If you want my detailed approach pm me. It's really not that hard. (for most of you..granted there are some outliers).

LLLT helmets look interesting for many applications, but the hurdle is getting them. Do you mind sharing how you went about getting one?

forterpride

LLLT helmets look interesting for many applications, but the hurdle is getting them. Do you mind sharing how you went about getting one?

Go to overmachogrande.com. He has a step by step on how to make them. He also sells them...but you can just make them yourself for WAY cheaper.

forterpride

Yep, I've seen that site. Impossible to forget.

lol. Not sure what that means. If you've seen it...then knock yourself out. You can buy all the materials yourself and make it. The instructions are very simple. Probably noe more than 6 hours of work and it would cost you 1/4 of the cost of buying one made.

DaveFoster

The level of strawman in this thread is impressive.
I can understand those who are frustrated with mpd but claiming Peat should have an outright cure for it is ridiculous when we put the mpd individual into context of their environment. Worst still is implying their should be a quick reversal of said issues.
Peats theories evolve ,it seems Danny Roddy is similar,looking to evolve, you would have to show me a quote where they claim to have an outright cure for all cases of mpd?

Like grey hair,there are many reasons these occur, epigenetics, adaptation has a broad capacity,this works both ways, different types of poor environments will cause different adaptions,different avenues you go down biologically, you may have to pull out of said avenue before you implement status quo metabolic enhancing, just like using pregnenolone while hypothyroid or dhea while slightly high in estorgen can cause issues etc.

What's important to accept in all of this is Peat has mentioned many times that sometimes the damage has been done in some cases,you can stop more damage but it may difficult to reverse completely the issues.
It's clear in modern western society we have consumed extremely poor quality foods since infants,add to that the engineered social condition which breeds dysfunction. Some may have significant damage done in their 20's because of this, the baby boomers were bad but those born after the 70's are worse environmentally Imo, they have been getting fed toxins inside the womb.

Ray Peats hairline looks the same now as in generative energy book,his hairstyle is different.
He has grey hairs, he hasnt reversed these but presuming he has no interest in this or solving it is poor form.
Sad but true. Life ain't perfect. Maybe the next round it'll be better.

Although, challenges are always fun.

Parsifal

Sad but true. Life ain't perfect. Maybe the next round it'll be better.

Although, challenges are always fun.
Maybe it's time to study things in biophysics and regeneration with Robert Becker to reverse damages...

DaveFoster

Maybe it's time to study things in biophysics and regeneration with Robert Becker to reverse damages...
Just looked up this guy. Pretty interesting work he's done. Any books you recommend?

Parsifal

Just looked up this guy. Pretty interesting work he's done. Any books you recommend?
"The Body Electric", "Cross Curents" and "Electromagnetism & Life". Most of them are on libgen (not sure for Cross Curents).
Ray talked a bit about him in his last interview with Danny. Pranarupa also talked a bit about him.

Seems that the guy could regrow 3/4 of the amputated limb of a rat after studying regeneration mechanisms in salamanders and Russian research in biophysics...

While Ray has mainly a biochemical approach (ok, he is very focused on bio-energetics as well and effects of light), I think it is up to us to apply/research/experiment this type of things to humans now as I don't think a miraculous technology will fall from the sky (most therapeutical electromagnetic machines are pEMF and Becker was really against them as potential carcinogenic).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals