Hair loss ThinkTank. Passionate and or Intellectual People

Please check yes if interested

• Yes

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Risingfire

Idk why this forum is like light years behind but it got to do with aging. And AR upregulation in selective tissues
I severely doubt AR upregulation. That's preposterous. Every 19 year old would be bald. Your tissues get less saturated with "positive hormones" as you age

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I severely doubt AR upregulation. That's preposterous. Every 19 year old would be bald. Your tissues get less saturated with "positive hormones" as you age
there is scientific proof that’s the case. So ur welcome to doubt it. But there is enough evidence to push it on this.
It doesn’t happen in all tissues there are people with immunity and it’s likely all related to twist1.

50 year old dude. Castrated at 18 no hairloss has balding genes. Inject with testosterone levels he should have He will bald within a year. Take that same dude and never castrate him But inject him with the same amount of test at the age of 18 and it wont make much of a difference in terms of his rate of balding. This also happens with prostates in the rat show in tests

old rat test injection. Prostate grows. young rat same test injection prostate says the same. Without a doubt ar upregulation has occurred.

Apple

there is scientific proof that’s the case. So ur welcome to doubt it. But there is enough evidence to push it on this.
It doesn’t happen in all tissues there are people with immunity and it’s likely all related to twist1.

50 year old dude. Castrated at 18 no hairloss has balding genes. Inject with testosterone levels he should have He will bald within a year. Take that same dude and never castrate him But inject him with the same amount of test at the age of 18 and it wont make much of a difference in terms of his rate of balding. This also happens with prostates in the rat show in tests

old rat test injection. Prostate grows. young rat same test injection prostate says the same. Without a doubt ar upregulation has occurred.
Are there any ways to shrink prostate apart from finasteride ?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Are there any ways to shrink prostate apart from finasteride ?
Vitamin E and Selenium and Lycopene. And the form selenium matters. Ive seen studies where inly the selenium form found in plants works. This could explain differing things.

This may help just s little bit but might be more effective at preventing than reversing

Risingfire

We do know this. More fat = more estrogen

Apple

progesterone
I tried... it caused severe pain on prostate (inflamation). Though progesterone shrinks penis according to dr peat.
A week on finasteride helped to arrest inflamation.
I don't take finasteride now but dairy(milk, cheese, butter) seems to provoke prostate inflamation (and scalp itching). Reducing dairy alleviates symptoms.
There is definitely a connection between prostate health and hairloss...

Last edited:

Risingfire

I tried... it caused severe pain on prostate (inflamation). Though progesterone shrinks penis according to dr peat.
A week on finasteride helped to arrest inflamation.
I don't take finasteride now but dairy(milk, cheese, butter) seems to provoke prostate inflamation (and scalp itching). Reducing dairy alleviates symptoms.
There is definitely a connection between prostate health and hairloss...
If you take too much it might shrink. Taking finasteride can have great risks. This is coming from the horse's mouth. I severely doubt progesterone caused inflammation.

Apple

If you take too much it might shrink. Taking finasteride can have great risks. This is coming from the horse's mouth. I severely doubt progesterone caused inflammation.
There are foods with similar to finasteride properties ... like green tea, brown rice or lycopene(tomatoes).
I think a small dose of finasteride is a safer option... it won't deplete you of calcium, won't give you pancreatic tumor, not laded with herbicides or arsenicum, doesn't contain Fluoride or plastic like green tea...etc
Maybe I was just lucky but I hadn't had any issues with finasteride.
It works like a wonder for prostate...just a matter of a couple days

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

There are foods with similar to finasteride properties ... like green tea, brown rice or lycopene(tomatoes).
I think a small dose of finasteride is a safer option... it won't deplete you of calcium, won't give you pancreatic tumor, not laded with herbicides or arsenicum, doesn't contain Fluoride or plastic like green tea...etc
Maybe I was just lucky but I hadn't had any issues with finasteride.
It works like a wonder for prostate...just a matter of a couple days
finasteride my friend is not a safe drug. If u accept gyno. And a smaller **** as risks then it could be for u. But once u get off. The prostate will grow back

Apple

finasteride my friend is not a safe drug. If u accept gyno. And a smaller **** as risks then it could be for u. But once u get off. The prostate will grow back
you said, it (hairloss) has to do with aging ...right?
Finasteride doesn't cure aging but may alleviate some symptoms.
Go to the beach and you will see half of middle aged men with gyno who never heard of finasteride. For some people even bottle of beer is enough to cause gyno. Some young guys have gyno wihtout any apparent to them reason.
Japanese drink lots of green tea (catechins in green tea work as inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase)...Like anywhere else , some of them with gyno and others are ok...
If it causes gyno to someone he is better off staying away from fin.
My point is if we have to choose between green tea and finasteride... there are pros and cons. Finasteride is pure substance designed to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase. You may get same dose from green tea or megadose on lycopene but there are other componds that you may want to avoid(Fluoride or plastic or too estrogenic ).
It is the same as difference between white sugar and fruit.
With finasteride you can easily control the dosage.

PeskyPeater

you said, it (hairloss) has to do with aging ...right?
Finasteride doesn't cure aging but may alleviate some symptoms.
Go to the beach and you will see half of middle aged men with gyno who never heard of finasteride. For some people even bottle of beer is enough to cause gyno. Some young guys have gyno wihtout any apparent to them reason.
Japanese drink lots of green tea (catechins in green tea work as inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase)...Like anywhere else , some of them with gyno and others are ok...
If it causes gyno to someone he is better off staying away from fin.
My point is if we have to choose between green tea and finasteride... there are pros and cons. Finasteride is pure substance designed to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase. You may get same dose from green tea or megadose on lycopene but there are other componds that you may want to avoid(Fluoride or plastic or too estrogenic ).
It is the same as difference between white sugar and fruit.
With finasteride you can easily control the dosage.
yeah but finasteride is also an inhibitor of neuronal allopregnanolone and it doesnt need much to do it

PeskyPeater

nah when it comes down to it, you are going to want to avoid any of those orally.

5AR 2 inhibitors are indeed good to increase hairgrowth, topically, but im not sure about their actual mechanism.

for shifting the steroids on the skin towards estrogen can inhibit the electron complex 1 which hsa been shown to induce hair fillicle elongatino and even new hair follicle, increasing density.

And as we know from study I psted earlier, lactic acid is a substrate of energy for the follice.

then using an herbal 5AR2 inhibitor and an carbonic anhydrase inhibitor helps to boost hairgrowth.

for example ginseng or polygonum multiflorum to block 5AR2

and curcumin or ginger as an CA I

Apple

yeah but finasteride is also an inhibitor of neuronal allopregnanolone and it doesnt need much to do it
Do you think it is just finasteride or any form of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors can do it ?
I would still choosee finasteride over substances like curcumin or ginger or ginseng . I don't hink it is wise to take them systemic for years: blood thinning effect, gut irritation , messing with thyroid...

Not that I'm all pro finasteride , but it in my case It was a big help. Prostate bothered me for years. Dairy always made it worse or hypothermia.
I first decided to experiment with finasteride to see if it works for hair. To my surprise all bad syptoms related to prostate disappeared in a couple of days. If they get back I just take finasteride for several days and feel great.
No thyroid supplements or vitamins can do that.

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

@Apple I know finasteride in particular block neurosteroids and does even more. But im not sure about ECGC and lycopene

These studies demonstrate that allopregnanolone plays a pivotal role in the pathophysiology of major depression and that it may underlie antidepressant pharmacological effect following SSRI treatment in humans. The 5α-reductase type I enzyme expression was also found to decrease in postmortem prefrontal cortex of patients with depression and treatment with SSRIs increased allopregnanolone levels in treatment responders [47]. Intriguingly, finasteride is a 5α-reductase enzyme inhibitor, which prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, and is prescribed for the treatment of prostate cancer [48] and hair loss [49]. However, finasteride treatment also blocks the conversion of progesterone into allopregnanolone [50]. Therefore, this treatment is associated with significant side-effects, which are part of the post-finasteride syndrome [51,52]. As such, treatment with finasteride has been associated with severe depressive symptoms, anxiety, increased suicidality, and sexual dysfunction [27]. In addition to decreasing allopregnanolone levels, finasteride treatment is also associated with changes in the expression of GABAA receptor subunits that may contribute to the aberrant behavior observed in humans or animals after this treatment [51]. As supporting evidence, animals treated with a repeated finasteride administration show reduced formation of neuroactive steroids as well as they show depressive-like behaviors [53]. The novel rapid-acting neurosteroid-based antidepressant generation

PeskyPeater

I would still choosee finasteride over substances like curcumin or ginger or ginseng . I don't hink it is wise to take them systemic for years: blood thinning effect, gut irritation , messing with thyroid...
there is a disadvantage to many herbs. not wise to use longer than a month without breaks.

for example ginger reduces the synthesis of cholesterol in the liver.
ginseng can increase hot flashes at menopause
etc

PeskyPeater

Not that I'm all pro finasteride , but it in my case It was a big help. Prostate bothered me for years. Dairy always made it worse or hypothermia.
I first decided to experiment with finasteride to see if it works for hair. To my surprise all bad syptoms related to prostate disappeared in a couple of days. If they get back I just take finasteride for several days and feel great.
No thyroid supplements or vitamins can do that.
mysterious... but very good that finasteride has helped you, without further issues.

only it seems to me its better to look for the root cause...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals