Hair Loss Efforts. Are They Really Worth It?

Kunder

I've been reading this forum for years and yes obviously many people come here because of hair loss. Hair loss advise is one the most often discussed and dispensed topics here. In spite of not having hair issues (except for a receding hair line of my otherwise thick hair, which I dont consider an 'issue' when you're 42), I read most of them, though I have to say most of these efforts are strongly reminiscent of George Constanza's baldness treatment he had ordered from China.

My take is, if you're 40 and over, and live an otherwise healthy lifestyle and eat well (say according to peat), and also feel well and healthy, why not accept the hair loss WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY. Cut the hair really short or shave the head, and enjoy your life and walk proud with your head up. Because a proud, calm and confident bald man is always better than a self councious, insecure and anxious loser of a guy living a miserable life of obsession about his hair scraps.

Heating the hair under heat lamps, pounding it with massaging jack hammers, wearing ridiculous LED light caps or electric impulse head gearss, puting all kinds of disgusting, smelly or TOXIC sollutions, ointments and mixutures on it....it is so devoid of any kind of honor and self-respect that I honestly wonder who thinks it's worth it. ESPECIALLY since we all know that there is no treatment for baldness, and the few people on this planet who went from bald or balding to a full head of hair were people who cured an illness, which is not 99.9% of people losing hair.

OP
Kunder

Kunder

Even if that was a symptom, which it probably isn't (at least not any more so than that you're closer to dying than you were 20 years ago) then tackling the issue from the outside wouldn't do much in support of this notion.

OP
Kunder

Kunder

Half the advise given here is about directly treating the hair/scalp

Luckytype

I wont speak for anyone but I think while the external modalities people employ to assist will probably have limited successes until the whole human system is better, the sub forum itself pretty much titles what the focus will likely favor. Whether it helps or not, it probably does help morale.

Its a health improvement forum, most of us are here for just that considering how much chronic disease is related.

I employ a unique series of scalp manipulations and while I still shed hormonally I restored my hairline and lowered it. Mind you this is amidst whole forums elsewhere saying "scalp techniques do nothing". It wasnt something I learned here but if it helps one person then my info is now their info. Its all part of the fight. Youre happy bald, some guys are happy with hair.

Arnold Grape

The whole thing is that good health ostensibly defies mortality and balding is a marker for notions of death, decay or entropy. It always did strike me as notable that masters of cellular respiration are people like Roddy, who was driven to it by vanity - but tell that to a twenty year-old who is displaying all the outward markers of ill health and let them dazzle you with their knowledge of biochemistry.

Kibs

Been thinking the same, I’m 34 and there’s far more important things to put effort into.

If you're 40 and over. What if you're 25, and you've been balding since 19, and your dad, and most 30-40 year olds have more hair on your head than you do? What then?

Peater Piper

In spite of not having hair issues (except for a receding hair line of my otherwise thick hair, which I dont consider an 'issue' when you're 42)
Don't you preach to us you thick-haired jerk! :p:

Honestly though, experiencing substantial hair loss at an early age is traumatic. Mine started in my late teens. I know a few others experienced it very early on as well. Eventually accepting it and shaving my head was better for my psyche, but having been where others are and reading about the potential to halt the process and having something left to save, I can understand their efforts. These cases are very different from a 40-something with a bit of receding and slight thinning in the back.

I do agree though, that if we're looking at hair loss as a marker of overall health, then focus is best used on fixing metabolism, hormones, etc. I hate to think that my hair loss is a symptom of heart disease, but science shows it's a possibility. That's scarier for me at this point than living as a cue ball.

theLaw

Even if that was a symptom, which it probably isn't (at least not any more so than that you're closer to dying than you were 20 years ago) then tackling the issue from the outside wouldn't do much in support of this notion.

+ More and more men want to have their penises removed and transition into women.

+ More and more men are losing their hair.

+ More and more men are having ED by age 40.

+ Sperm counts are plummeting.

...................................nothing to see here.:banghead:

mipp

Its generally agreed upon that hair loss is a canary in the coal mine type of situation regarding health
Is it? I know guys who went bald in their early 20s yet seem to be still in good health some 20 years later. Every day I see men who look obviously unhealthy due to things like chronic alcohol abuse but apparently haven't experienced hair loss . I don't believe male baldness is a marker for health.

As for OP's question. If I had good reason to believe that a certain method may regrow hair I would wear a silly laser halmet, massage my scalp with a jackhammer for hours or apply some other undignified therapy. Thankfully I dont have to because it's all been tried by others without success.

milk

Some guys look fine with hair and look fine without it, too.

Then there are those who look fine with hair and slightly less fine without it, but they still look decent.

And finally there are the unfortunate fellows who look fine with hair but look really lousy without it.

If I belonged to the first or the second category of guys maybe I would have a more placid attitude towards my hairloss.

I have been losing hair since 2012. I began peating soon afterwards. I still have most of my hair, it's pretty thick and abundant overall, and my hairline is still pretty much there. If it weren't for Peat it would probably not be so.

franc0

Who tf wakes up to a balding head and goes "ah yes just what I was hoping for" not disputing that it suits some guys and doesn't suit others. If you're in your 40's it probably seems like no big deal, but let's not forget i'd say most the guys on this forum trying to fix their hair loss are probably experiencing it at a young age, and trust me it can be quite disturbing to go from having your first shot of vodka 3 years prior, to looking in the mirror and see a thinning head of hair.

Travis

ESPECIALLY since we all know that there is no treatment for baldness,
I don't think anyone would say that having read the available studies on cyclosporine and FK‐506.

OP
Kunder

Kunder

Cyclosporine is used to prevent organ rejection in people who have received a liver, kidney, or heart transplant. It is usually taken along with other medications to allow your new organ to function normally. Cyclosporine belongs to a class of drugs known as immunosuppressants. It works by weakening the immune system to help your body accept the new organ as if it were your own.

Tacrolimus (also FK-506) is an immunosuppressive drug used mainly after allogeneic organ transplant to lower the risk of organ rejection. It achieves this by inhibiting the production of interleukin-2, a molecule that promotes the development and proliferation of T cells, which are vital to the body's learned (or adaptive) immune response.

Seriously? Because this is exactly what I'm talking about. Half the Finesteride discussions in this forum are about how it irreversibly fuc*ed up people's lives. But yeah, why not give an organ transplant immuno suppressant a try.

Sobieski

Although I'm healthier in various objective and subjective parameters since Peating, the rate of my MPB has sped up considerably. Having said that, I'm one of the vary rare people who looks better with as little hair as possible so it's not all bad.

johnwester130

methylene blue can be used instead of LLLT

a person should use vitamin D anyway,
Vitamin k2 should be used anyway

gelatin should be eaten anyway
vitamin c like acerola should be taken

Those things can regenerate hair and block cortisol much safer than what is being proposed like spironolactone

Tarmander

I've been reading this forum for years and yes obviously many people come here because of hair loss. Hair loss advise is one the most often discussed and dispensed topics here. In spite of not having hair issues (except for a receding hair line of my otherwise thick hair, which I dont consider an 'issue' when you're 42), I read most of them, though I have to say most of these efforts are strongly reminiscent of George Constanza's baldness treatment he had ordered from China.

My take is, if you're 40 and over, and live an otherwise healthy lifestyle and eat well (say according to peat), and also feel well and healthy, why not accept the hair loss WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY. Cut the hair really short or shave the head, and enjoy your life and walk proud with your head up. Because a proud, calm and confident bald man is always better than a self councious, insecure and anxious loser of a guy living a miserable life of obsession about his hair scraps.

Heating the hair under heat lamps, pounding it with massaging jack hammers, wearing ridiculous LED light caps or electric impulse head gearss, puting all kinds of disgusting, smelly or TOXIC sollutions, ointments and mixutures on it....it is so devoid of any kind of honor and self-respect that I honestly wonder who thinks it's worth it. ESPECIALLY since we all know that there is no treatment for baldness, and the few people on this planet who went from bald or balding to a full head of hair were people who cured an illness, which is not 99.9% of people losing hair.
Yeah if you are losing your hair, that is an option, you can definitely do that, no problem

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals