Hair Loss Talk

DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I remember you telling me to try biotin. have you tried this with yourself?
My hairline was perfect when I was on all my supplements. Niacinamide, thiamine, and biotin will all prevent hypoxia and excess lactic acid production, which will allow oxygen and nutrients to get to the follicle.

TheHound

My hairline was perfect when I was on all my supplements. Niacinamide, thiamine, and biotin will all prevent hypoxia and excess lactic acid production, which will allow oxygen and nutrients to get to the follicle.

I spoke to sladerunner about hair and he sent me before and after pictures of using the laser helmet he built from the overmachogrande website. pretty dramatic results

DaveFoster

I spoke to sladerunner about hair and he sent me before and after pictures of using the laser helmet he built from the overmachogrande website. pretty dramatic results
Interesting. My hair loss was caused by extreme psychological stress (abrupt excessive shedding all around) accompanied by tingling (due to prolactin most likely). I'll look into the helmet idea.

snowboard111

I'm no expert in LLLT therapy and hair loss but aren't they working in the same direction as red light and cytochrome c oxydase???

Sheik

LLLT doesn't work beyond placebo effect (making you think your hairline is improving).

OP
mayweatherking
danny roddy seems to be huge on thyroid as the cure to baldness... it seems like you really need a tsh below 1 in order to fix the problem according to him. or having that vitamin D and cholesterol in the right spots as well. i'd say outside of that, nofap would be the only true way to stop everything on top of it.

J

James IV

Every time I go low carb and high fat, after a couple weeks my hair thickens up and I'm less hungry. So I'm guessing hairloss has to be related to something lacking when metabolism gets higher. Wish I could figure out what.

m_arch

danny roddy seems to be huge on thyroid as the cure to baldness... it seems like you really need a tsh below 1 in order to fix the problem according to him. or having that vitamin D and cholesterol in the right spots as well. i'd say outside of that, nofap would be the only true way to stop everything on top of it.
Why nofap? Can't you just eat oysters.. It is unreasonable to expect that of young men!

m_arch

Every time I go low carb and high fat, after a couple weeks my hair thickens up and I'm less hungry. So I'm guessing hairloss has to be related to something lacking when metabolism gets higher. Wish I could figure out what.
Oysters and liver I'm guessing

m_arch

I eat those regardless of macros. Think maybe I need to eat more on higher carb?
for sure, higher metabolism = more nutrient requirements

a higher metabolism is supposed to be protective, especially for men who don't have the protection of progesterone (or not much anyway)
we are the weaker sex in some ways it seems....

snowboard111

This thread deviated quite a lot from the OP but anyway :bag:

The debate about LLLT being effective for hair loss or not is largely irrelevant. Hair loss is not the roots problem but a manifestation of a cohort of root problems... so why one would want to use red light and LLLT is not primarily for hair loss but because as Haidut and many others pointed out;

Red light does dissociate NO from Cytochrome C Oxidase -> which will carry electron to completion -> which will restore oxidative metabolism and
LLLT synthesize new Cytochrome C Oxidase

you can learn quite a lot about the negative interaction between NO and Cytochrome C and the wide array of negative effect on overall metabolism just by searching for the two on google.

As for D. Roddy talking about thyroid, I don't think I've read anything from him stating: Take thyroid and bam!!! full head of hair...
If your body (the cells) are not able to uptake thyroid hormones then taking it (or any surrogate) won't help.

Cells form tissue, tissue form organs and organs form organism might be IMO the most importance sentence you have to remember in regard to biology.

As for the no-fap, come on! Healthy masturbation is probably not a problem, it's excessive masturbation that elevate prolactin, estrogen, stress, etc. Masturbation is quite a one sided experience that involve yourself and probably a screen... no physical or emotional feedback whatsoever. Which has nothing to be compare with sex which hopefully involve love, dopamine, human contact, etc...

Last edited:

Elephanto

As for D. Roddy talking about thyroid, I don't think I've read anything from him stating: Take thyroid and bam!!! full head of hair...
If your body (the cells) are not able to uptake thyroid hormones then taking it (or any surrogate) won't help.

Yeah, no. Look at Ronaldo, the Brazilian soccer player, he had to stop playing because his thyroid stopped functioning some 20 years ago. He still has a full head of hair.

It's actually protective against prostate cancer to have been diagnosed as hypothyroid.
Circulating thyroxine, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and hypothyroid status and the risk of prostate cancer. - PubMed - NCBI
High TSH = lower risk of prostate cancer

So this has absolutely nothing to do with "your body not being able to uptake thyroid hormones". There is equally as many females that are hypothyroid and none have the male pattern baldness.

Danny Roddy obviously never had serious hairline recession. He might have cured his hypothyroidism with a Ray Peat diet but he's fraudulent by using this knowledge to imply that is has already cured hair loss for people. It hasn't.

OP
mayweatherking
Yeah, no. Look at Ronaldo, the Brazilian soccer player, he had to stop playing because his thyroid stopped functioning some 20 years ago. He still has a full head of hair.

It's actually protective against prostate cancer to have been diagnosed as hypothyroid.
Circulating thyroxine, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and hypothyroid status and the risk of prostate cancer. - PubMed - NCBI
High TSH = lower risk of prostate cancer

So this has absolutely nothing to do with "your body not being able to uptake thyroid hormones". There is equally as many females that are hypothyroid and none have the male pattern baldness.

Danny Roddy obviously never had serious hairline recession. He might have cured his hypothyroidism with a Ray Peat diet but he's fraudulent by using this knowledge to imply that is has already cured hair loss for people. It hasn't.

i don't think so man... he definitely had hair loss for sure. you can't tell just by looking at him at face value, but you can tell for sure by looking at him in certain angles that he has had hair loss and minor recession that has been stopped. same with ray peat... he has had hair loss, but he stopped it completely. you think hair just recedes, then stops, i don't buy that.

just because he hasn't had hair loss recession, doesn't mean he didn't have hair loss. myself, I have had serious hair loss recession, but it doesn't look like it based on the length of my hair. it's the same with him, he keeps it at a certain length to stop it from showing.

when TSH is below 1, i think his point is that his body it utilizing all the magnesium and calcium he's putting into it and his metabolism is in full gear. i think he's saying it's necessary if you all ready have MPB.. you have to do it to stop it.

i don't know about the soccer guy. although if he's outside all the time.. his prolactin is probably pretty low.

OP
mayweatherking
Why nofap? Can't you just eat oysters.. It is unreasonable to expect that of young men!

i'm not saying you have to do it.. but i'm saying it's probably the most natural way to stop it. without a doubt, the mpb "itch" is related to orgasms, if other systems are offline. like it's the last factor that will make your hair loss fall out if you all ready have all the steps leading to it being a problem. i can stop the "itch" if i do nofap for a few weeks. you can read on www.reddit.com/r/nofap and search hair and you will see all the things people say from it. i don't know if it's zinc, but it could be other things as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals