Vitamin A and B12 interactions?

Ippodrom47

Hi! I was wondering if there is any interaction between b12 and vit A. I was overdosing on vit A from liver a couple years ago, then continued to eat eggs and carotene-rich veggies, and developed a negative reaction to the latter. Only recently did I realize, however, that it was all from vit A overdose. However, around that time I also started to notice that b12 also makes me feel kinda awful, dizzy, fatigued, irritable. Can it be that my liver "stores" are so overwhelmed that it doesn't want to take any vitamin in doses that are not immediately used? Thanks!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hi there. I know there is a link between B12 and beta carotene but necessarily vitamin A proper.

In general, a Peatarian approach is to limit high carotene foods, especially if thyroid function is compromised.

B vitamins can be tricky when one of them is taken in larger amounts. You should have a good reason to be supplementing B12; otherwise, stop.

Good luck.

Dr. B

Hi there. I know there is a link between B12 and beta carotene but necessarily vitamin A proper.

In general, a Peatarian approach is to limit high carotene foods, especially if thyroid function is compromised.

B vitamins can be tricky when one of them is taken in larger amounts. You should have a good reason to be supplementing B12; otherwise, stop.

Good luck.
b12 helps convert carotene to retinol right

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals