Methylcobalamin - MethylB12 Vitamin B12 And Mercury, Methylmercury Dangers

TreasureVibe

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240860126_The_Link_Between_Vitamin_B12_and_Methylmercury

The Link Between Vitamin B12 and Methylmercury
Abstract
The mercuric ion (Hg2+) is methylated in the sediment of aquatic systems to give methylmercury (CH3Hg+), which is bioaccumulated in fish and has high toxicity for humans. Methylcobalamin, the methyl derivative of vitamin B12 and a coenzyme in enzymatic methyl transfer, is able to methylate mercury(II). In the chemical reaction, the mercuric ion acts as an electrophile towards methylcobalamin in aqueous solution, giving aquocobalamin and methyl-mercury. It has been shown that sulphate-reducing bacteria, Desulphovibrio desulfuricans, methylate mercury(II) in aquatic sediments and that they use methylcobalamin to methylate mercuric ion. The methylation of mercury may be promoted by a synergistic interaction between sulphate-reducing bacteria and methanogens.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240860126_The_Link_Between_Vitamin_B12_and_Methylmercury

A relationship between vitamin B12, folic acid, ascorbic acid, and mercury uptake and methylation
Abstract
Ingestion of megadoses of certain vitamins appears to influence the in vivo methylation of mercuric chloride in guinea pigs. The addition of megadoses of vitamin B12 fed either singularly or in combination with folic acid resulted in increased methylmercury concentrations in the liver. Moreover, percent methylmercury levels were significantly increased with B12 treatment in the liver (B12 only and B12/folic acid) and brain (B12/vitamin C). Incorporation of high levels of folic acid into the dietary regime also increased the methylmercury concentration particulary in the liver and hair tissues. The addition of vitamin C in the diet, particularly in combination with B12 (brain) or folic acid (muscle) resulted in increased methylmercury levels in these tissues and percent methylmercury values with B12 in the muscle and brain tissue.

Thoughts?

Dobbler

Thats why amalgams are so dangerous, because when you take something that chelates / detoxes heavy metals like mercury, it can travel via bloodstream to your brain / liver where it causes even more damage. MethylB12 does exactly that.

Thats why amalgams are so dangerous, because when you take something that chelates / detoxes heavy metals like mercury, it can travel via bloodstream to your brain / liver where it causes even more damage. MethylB12 does exactly that.

What is one to do?

I had mercury fillings and now I take b12

sugarbabe

This is an interesting find! Maybe that's why I never liked how methylb12 felt I have two amalgams left one that is very old. Could always just use other forms of b12.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Study: Vitamin A theory of vaccine injury Scientific Studies 15
haidut Vitamin D can force cancer cells to differentiate back into normal Scientific Studies 0
haidut Oral testosterone + vitamin E may treat NAFLD, NASH, cirrhosis in humans Scientific Studies 5
haidut Glucose + vitamin B3 combo synergistic for treating mitochondrial disease Scientific Studies 1
haidut Nine out of ten COVID-19 deaths may be due to vitamin D deficiency Scientific Studies 12
S Vitamin E overuse? Ask For Help or Advice 9
K Why does vitamin K2 mk4 make my skin dry? K 4
B Tissue concentrations of Menaquinone-4 (Vitamin K2 MK-4) Scientific Studies 0
youngsinatra Can High Vitamin D Compensate Lower Dietary Calcium? Ask For Help or Advice 2
A Does vitamin K supplementation deplete vitamin E? Vitamins 25
youngsinatra Vitamin D - Don‘t Guess, But Test! Ask For Help or Advice 30
cjm "Vitamin E inhibits the activation of NF‐kB, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form." Scientific Studies 2
Pina Kale Water Vitamin K Content Diet 1
youngsinatra Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here Metabolism 17
M Do vitamin A supplements deplete vitamin A? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Jon2547 Koncentrated K brand of Vitamin K Vitamins 12
M B-Complex or Bee Pollen supplement? Vitamin A supplement or Cod liver oil? Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Best Vitamin A and Copper supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 38
P High dose vitamin k2 around 45mg makes vericocele vanish Male Issues 7
M Does cooking vegetables destroy their vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 11
Ras Vitamin C neutralizes chlorine in water C 1
Quelsatron A very confusing month? (vitamin D, magnesium, liver) Ask For Help or Advice 33
Mauritio Vitamin E succinate decreases melanoma size by 650% in vivo Scientific Studies 42
charlie Vitamin B1 in critically ill patients: needs and challenges Scientific Studies 53
C Vitamin D, daily low dose or infrequent high dose? Vitamins 11
G How relevant are serum vitamin tests? Vitamins 11
D Vitamin D Always High! Blood Work, Labs 13
Q Is Vitamin D induced serotonin syndrome possible? Please hear me out... Ask For Help or Advice 60
T VItamin D Megadose accident, what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
N Home made vitamin D... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
bzmazu Why politicians and doctors keep ignoring the medical research on Vitamin D and Covid Rant or Rave 2
S I think vitamin K2 ruined my life. Vitamins 76
S Fluorescent pee after b vitamin supp, Normal?! Ask For Help or Advice 15
Hirri Suddenly lower Vitamin D question Vitamins 9
Pistachio Vitamin K2's effect on Lunulae (fingernail crescents) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Ras How can Vitamin K2 MK-4 be Price's Activator X? K 10
R Interesting podcast on dangers of vitamin E supplementation E 2
Mauritio Cistanche more effective at decreasing lipid peroxidation and free radicals than Vitamin E and Caffeine Science 46
J Vitamin d powder Ask For Help or Advice 8
Mito The efficacy of Vitamin K in the treatment of cancer K 1
Brandin vitamin e to balance eggs pufa. Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 15
G How many of you have gotten Vitamin D injections? D 10
Mito Vitamin D Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Dysfunction in Patients with PCOS D 0
deliciousfruit Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 2
C Vitamin D lamp? D 17
M Vitamin D3 makes me feel cold D 16
Lokzo Vitamin B6 Increases Serotonin, Regardless of Serotonin Levels - PUBMED Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
P Vitamin B12 Facilitates the Retroconversion of Estrogens into Androgens by Bacteria Scientific Studies 3
R Is vitamin K2 required when taking Vitamin D? Vitamins 16
Charger Blunted Emotions from Vitamin K2? K 18