Thyroid meds cause scalp psoriasis.

GorillaHead

my mother was recently put on levo and in a few months she devolped serious psoriais over her ear. When she quit the psoriaiis went away.

Further research showed not just annecdotes with a similar experiences but those with psoriasis had very low tsh.

One person claimed after they got on armour the psoriasis they got from levo went away. So i actually now truly beleive that t3. And t4 have some profound effects on skin.

Anyone wanna try to explain why this happens?

Summer

Perhaps there is an underlying autoimmune issue. When thyroid activity picked up, the immune system became more active as well.

LLight

Could it be: low TSH, high bile acids in the blood, high TGR5 activation, psoriasis?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Perhaps there is an underlying autoimmune issue. When thyroid activity picked up, the immune system became more active as well.
Maybe but the link bet
Could it be: low TSH, high bile acids in the blood, high TGR5 activation, psoriasis?
very interesting.

U know what i realized when i take taurine my dandruff accelerates tremendously. Bile acids and skin have some powerful connection. Ive seen people report taurine for example cleared their eczema

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Raised metabolism from thyroid meds causes liver function to increase and make more bile. Bile ducts are clogged or literally melted together from medications, lifestyle, etc, so bile dumps out in blood instead of out the intestines and into the toilet like it should. Bile acids then find escape route from the blood anywhere it can which then peels and melts skin on the way out.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Raised metabolism from thyroid meds causes liver function to increase and make more bile. Bile ducts are clogged or literally melted together from medications, lifestyle, etc, so bile dumps out in blood instead of out the intestines and into the toilet like it should. Bile acids then find escape route from the blood anywhere it can which then peels and melts skin on the way out.
Woah. Makes sense. So then how do u solve this

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

PeatyParty

my mother was recently put on levo and in a few months she devolped serious psoriais over her ear. When she quit the psoriaiis went away.

Further research showed not just annecdotes with a similar experiences but those with psoriasis had very low tsh.

One person claimed after they got on armour the psoriasis they got from levo went away. So i actually now truly beleive that t3. And t4 have some profound effects on skin.

This happened to me as well; however, I never connected the two. I have patches of psoriasis on my foot and knee as well as flaking off my scalp. I do have Hashimoto’s and have been on levo for 30+ years. Mb the psoriasis is of the autoimmune type (psoriatic arthritis)? Interesting…

mostlylurking

Your mother is older than a teenager and has estrogen (even though main stream medicine will deny it). People with estrogen that are older than a teenager need T3 to go with that T4 (levothyroxine). Otherwise, T4 alone can actually make hypothyroid symptoms worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals