The best Air Purifier brand/Product? (and is Plasmawave Feature of WINIX safe?)

Best affordable?

• Winix

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Phillips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Levoit

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Blueair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey!

Been searching for the best air purifier without spending loads and of course you’ve got the Iqair brand or Molekule which are really expensive which are probably the best but I’m looking for something more affordable, just in case it doesn’t work..

----------------------------------------------

The best one i’ve come across which is affordable is the WINIX Zero models here in Europe, think the Equivalent in the US is the Winix 5500-2 model.

The only thing I’m unsure about is the plasma wave technology the WINIX has. It seems that it works like an ioniser but they state that it passes all tests for Ozone levels.

From the Winix website:

How does it work?

1. The PlasmaWave technology of our air purifiers creates a short electrical discharge to create dual polarity ions from humidity that are diffused in the room. This electrical discharge only occurs for a short period of time (nanoseconds) and is therefore 100% safe.
  2. These are + hydrogen (H+) and – oxygen ions (-O2). The ions attach to the surface of air pollutants to form Hydroxyls by removing hydrogen from the structure of air pollutants.
  3. This interaction removes air pollutants and allows the ions to use the missing hydrogen ion, which was removed from the structure of the air pollutants, to return as humidity (H2O).
WINIX Plasmawave Technology is fully compliant with the Californian Air Resource Board AB 2276 standard, the most stringent US certification criterion for indoor ozone emissions. To meet these requirements, all our air purifiers are tested for electronic safety and that they have ozone emission qualifications below the limit value of 0.05 parts per million. This allows you to use any of our air purifiers with confidence at all times to create pure and clean indoor air.

Would this be a plasmawave feature be safe? as I’ve heard ozone is bad. You can actually turn off the plasmawave technology so wouldn’t be an issue if it is the case.

------------------------------------------------

Or does anyone have any other better recommendations that are available to the UK? (I’m torn between Phillips 1000I or 2000i, Blueair and maybe a Levoit) My

Thanks!

(I know there is threads here on why Air purifiers are bad due to the endotoxins etc.. from research I think the benefits outweigh the negatives and I believe that as long as one is replacing the filter then all is well).

honey

I have had two of the Levoit core 300s for about a year in my city apartment. They are one of the more affordable ones and the replacement filters aren't terribly pricey (I change it every 6 months). It's quiet which is nice for sleeping at night with it on. I vacuum the filters once every few weeks to get the extra dust off. My apartment has unreal levels of air pollution that get inside, which is surprising because supposedly the air quality in my city is decent. The building is older and the windows have gaps so I'm guessing that's why. I am constantly dusting the place but I do notice a difference if I leave the air filters on all the time.

The only concern with the levoit air filters is the Cal Prop 95 warning saying they contain Acrylamide. Didn't see it until long after I purchased them...

OP
J

Josh

I have had two of the Levoit core 300s for about a year in my city apartment. They are one of the more affordable ones and the replacement filters aren't terribly pricey (I change it every 6 months). It's quiet which is nice for sleeping at night with it on. I vacuum the filters once every few weeks to get the extra dust off. My apartment has unreal levels of air pollution that get inside, which is surprising because supposedly the air quality in my city is decent. The building is older and the windows have gaps so I'm guessing that's why. I am constantly dusting the place but I do notice a difference if I leave the air filters on all the time.

The only concern with the levoit air filters is the Cal Prop 95 warning saying they contain Acrylamide. Didn't see it until long after I purchased them...

Yeah thats the exact reason why the Levoit is the one I'm not going to go for. It's a shame because the rest of it checks out, especially the price. The reviews are great too.

TheGoogler

HypoAir Mold Guard looks good

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals