Sudden and Crippling Depression

InChristAlone

exactly, allowing yourself to believe you are God is delusional and is similar to allowing yourself to be ruled by the one god out of despair, because of the ignorance of the history of the gods of ancient paganism, destroyed by the monotheistic cults.
With it's potential to function as a control system of authoritarian characteristic, [monotheism] is an attractive doctrine to apply on a civilization, making them easily governed. Changing the structure of mind-brain over generations.
Christianity was never meant to govern or control people. It was actually the very opposite of what you are espousing. Christians were brutally murdered because they went against what they believed. It was written that Nero the Roman emperor crucified Christians and then lit them on fire so he had candlelight for his dinner.

Sounds like most people have never even read the Bible here!

ThinPicking

Nah this is not conspiracy, it is psychology.
Your internal narrative on the subject is far too verbose to be Peaty. You're conspiring against yourself and by profession, encouraging others who may read it to do the same.

You have the floor sir :grin:. For now I must tend to the world.

BlackMolasses

All people do not like that being done to any child Mr Black. All except those who are evil. All except those who are lost.
Yes, but they don't have any interest in doing it anyway so as not to, at best be condemned by the courts, at worst be killed by the relatives of the victims.
It's punishment that prevents crime, religion won't do anything for "deeply wicked" people

InChristAlone

Yes, but they don't have any interest in doing it anyway so as not to, at best be condemned by the courts, at worst be killed by the relatives of the victims.
It's punishment that prevents crime, religion won't do anything for "deeply wicked" people
So you believe in right and wrong then. And that there consequences for doing things that are wrong. Exactly my point. We need structure, we need governance, we need justice, we need purpose for our life.

InChristAlone

The notion of good/evil in the religious sense of the term is deontological.
I'm talking about pragmatism.
Then right and wrong is always changing based on whether or not it is practical. Exactly what we have seen in our lifetime. And I argue pedophilia is next on the list of acceptable sexual identity. I saw a Ted talk which talks about being empathetic towards pedophiles. I mean this is what happens when there is no morality.

BlackMolasses

Then right and wrong is always changing based on whether or not it is practical. Exactly what we have seen in our lifetime. And I argue pedophilia is next on the list of acceptable sexual identity. I saw a Ted talk which talks about being empathetic towards pedophiles. I mean this is what happens when there is no morality.
It doesn't take religion to condemn pedophilia, pre-pubescent children have no sexual desire and even when they may have it later, people know they are not mature enough to take such decisions without potentially ending up regretting it.
So it is not the society imprinted with religious dogma that is attacked by nihilistic pro-pedophilia progressivism, it is the fundamental functioning of human relations and the traditional religious society that are attacked by progressive excesses, which in fact constitute a other religion.

I do not know if it's clear

InChristAlone

It doesn't take religion to condemn pedophilia, pre-pubescent children have no sexual desire and even when they may have it later, people know they are not mature enough to take such decisions without potentially ending up regretting it.
So it is not the society imprinted with religious dogma that is attacked by nihilistic pro-pedophilia progressivism, it is the fundamental functioning of human relations and the traditional religious society that are attacked by progressive excesses, which in fact constitute a other religion.

I do not know if it's clear
I'm not sure if your position is clear other than it does sound like you recognize the progressive religion. No it doesn't take religion to condemn child sex abuse just like it doesn't take religion to condemn murder. But I'm more talking about sexual identities being acceptable. If homosexuality is acceptable then the next step is pedophilia as an acceptable sexual orientation. Not that raping a child is acceptable but that having the attraction to children can't be wrong to those who believe we are all living from our own truth. I'm asking everyone who believes there is no ultimate truth or morality why having an attraction to children would be wrong. It's a contradiction to your philosophy. You would be forced to say it isn't wrong to have the child sex attraction otherwise you are making judgments on what is right and wrong. Again I'm not saying child sex abuse I'm saying the sexual attraction to children.

BlackMolasses

I'm not sure if your position is clear other than it does sound like you recognize the progressive religion. No it doesn't take religion to condemn child sex abuse just like it doesn't take religion to condemn murder. But I'm more talking about sexual identities being acceptable. If homosexuality is acceptable then the next step is pedophilia as an acceptable sexual orientation.
Slippery slope fallacy, you struggle to determine the moral barrier because you seek to be dogmatic.
The truth of what is ideal is always in the middle, and always depends on the question: what is the problem?
Pedophilia is problematic because it is dangerous for the development of children, so it is reprehensible.
Homosexuality is not dangerous for anyone, since it is practiced between adult and consensual people, so it is not condemnable.
rather easy?
Not that raping a child is acceptable but that having the attraction to children can't be wrong
yes
to those who believe we are all living from our own truth
Pedophilia is an undesirable paraphilia, not a dogma. Pedophiles have not decided to be because it is genetic or at most caused by serious psychological degeneration.
In any case the result is the same, if you are a pedophile you better do nothing to avoid being severely punished (rightly)
. I'm asking everyone who believes there is no ultimate truth or morality why having an attraction to children would be wrong. It's a contradiction to your philosophy.
I've explained it before, it's bad because it can alienate a child's development.
You can rape a child, but you will put yourself in trouble, for evidents raisons.
You would be forced to say it isn't wrong to have the child sex attraction otherwise you are making judgments on what is right and wrong. Again I'm not saying child sex abuse I'm saying the sexual attraction to children.
"

lau

Im suddenly overcome by heavy depression, a negative outlook that I can't overcome and a daily need to cry. The main theme is loneliness, a lack of meaning in life and a lack of connection to humanity. I can't pinpoint a trigger for this extreme sadness. It is overwhelming

Obviously something is amiss biochemically. Im trying to increase GABA and taking glycine, taurine, valerian, mint and hawthorne as well as getting lots of sun and some exercise. Doesn't seem to be helping, getting worse by
try stopping the glycine. it's calming but also makes me feel somber.
Im suddenly overcome by heavy depression, a negative outlook that I can't overcome and a daily need to cry. The main theme is loneliness, a lack of meaning in life and a lack of connection to humanity. I can't pinpoint a trigger for this extreme sadness. It is overwhelming

Obviously something is amiss biochemically. Im trying to increase GABA and taking glycine, taurine, valerian, mint and hawthorne as well as getting lots of sun and some exercise. Doesn't seem to be helping, getting worse by the day

PeskyPeater

Christianity was never meant to govern or control people. It was actually the very opposite of what you are espousing. Christians were brutally murdered because they went against what they believed. It was written that Nero the Roman emperor crucified Christians and then lit them on fire so he had candlelight for his dinner.

Sounds like most people have never even read the Bible here!
okay. That sounds awful. I can imagine the Romans at that time were pagan and disliked the style of the sect of Christians, being a movement of Judiasm and a sect of Jesus. I'm afraid the Romans must have thought the Christians were out of their minds and prosecuted them based on, in their eyes, blasphemy.

Dunno exactly about the initial intentions behind the founders of Christianity in particular, I am more interested in the psychology behind monotheism, but when I'm purely looking at the form of language that the bible is written in, I see cryptic formulations and constructions of duality, has interpretations in multiple ways, causing confusion which could be exploited.
I suppose, If it can be exploited then it shall be exploited and used to control people, I not knowing about the character of the intentions behind that.
Christianity, as an example, is in the style of heliocentrism. This has potential for mass mind-control simply from its inherent monotheistic authoritarian nature. A nature that followed as a result of the stabilization of the solar system.

The Christian Bible in particular seems like a Babylonian composition of old pagan dogmatic descriptions of deities:

Anthropomorphically portrayed battles of the sky gods / planets in heaven, the unraveling changes in hierarchical structure of deities in the sky, eventually consolidating into a heliocentric cosmology were the Sun is the God.
The unraveling of changes in perception of the world and self-perception in the breakdown of the 'bicameral mind'.
Happenings and rituals formulated in cryptic stories hard to decipher, some hiding ancient scandals and sexual taboos that seem to go unnoticed by most.
Has become so obscured that it seems the traditional bible teachers have no idea what it actually means or if to be taken literately or metaphorically, with the consequence of misinterpretation that result in strange traditions or customs like SIN EATING someone who would consume a small meal prepared near or sometimes even in the corpse of a recently deceased person as a way of freeing sins from their soul.

InChristAlone

okay. That sounds awful. I can imagine the Romans at that time were pagan and disliked the style of the sect of Christians, being a movement of Judiasm and a sect of Jesus. I'm afraid the Romans must have thought the Christians were out of their minds and prosecuted them based on, in their eyes, blasphemy.

Dunno exactly about the initial intentions behind the founders of Christianity in particular, I am more interested in the psychology behind monotheism, but when I'm purely looking at the form of language that the bible is written in, I see cryptic formulations and constructions of duality, has interpretations in multiple ways, causing confusion which could be exploited.
I suppose, If it can be exploited then it shall be exploited and used to control people, I not knowing about the character of the intentions behind that.
Christianity, as an example, is in the style of heliocentrism. This has potential for mass mind-control simply from its inherent monotheistic authoritarian nature. A nature that followed as a result of the stabilization of the solar system.

The Christian Bible in particular seems like a Babylonian composition of old pagan dogmatic descriptions of deities:

Anthropomorphically portrayed battles of the sky gods / planets in heaven, the unraveling changes in hierarchical structure of deities in the sky, eventually consolidating into a heliocentric cosmology were the Sun is the God.
The unraveling of changes in perception of the world and self-perception in the breakdown of the 'bicameral mind'.
Happenings and rituals formulated in cryptic stories hard to decipher, some hiding ancient scandals and sexual taboos that seem to go unnoticed by most.
Has become so obscured that it seems the traditional bible teachers have no idea what it actually means or if to be taken literately or metaphorically, with the consequence of misinterpretation that result in strange traditions or customs like SIN EATING someone who would consume a small meal prepared near or sometimes even in the corpse of a recently deceased person as a way of freeing sins from their soul.
If you truly studied theology you would know that the Bible stands in stark contrast to other pagan gods and mythology. Being a Christian means loving God, and loving your neighbor as yourself. Please tell me how this is psychologically harmful? Any other depiction of Christianity is wrong. No matter what you think about the church or about ancient people's, Jesus said love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. And we are not talking about pagan gods. The Almighty God, YAHWEH, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the most High, the most loving, the most good, the most just, the most graceful, all powerful and all knowing, our creator, our loving Father. That is who we are referring to.

For those who think they can escape, you cannot. You are always submitting to something because we cannot operate outside of a paradigm. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life and no one comes to God but through Him. So either you want be your own god and then die because there is only One God or you submit to the God of the universe and have eternal life. There is no in between other than someone who is seeking truth, but not quite there yet. The entire Bible was God's story, the story of redemption after humans chose to rebel against God, it was always pointing to His son Jesus Christ who would come and die as an innocent man and then be raised from the dead after three days. He conquered death so we would be restored and now we can have a loving relationship with our Creator even though our thoughts and our desires are wicked and arrogant and self centered. We turn to Him humbly saying we can't do it alone, we aren't the captain of the world or our life because when you truly let go you will see that you don't have control over much about your life. We manipulate nutrition and supplements and light and sleep to feel better but we don't have much control over what happens to us. So trying to be your own god is just an insecure reaction to feeling out of control about the things that happen to you.

InChristAlone

Slippery slope fallacy, you struggle to determine the moral barrier because you seek to be dogmatic.
The truth of what is ideal is always in the middle, and always depends on the question: what is the problem?
Pedophilia is problematic because it is dangerous for the development of children, so it is reprehensible.
Homosexuality is not dangerous for anyone, since it is practiced between adult and consensual people, so it is not condemnable.
rather easy?

yes

Pedophilia is an undesirable paraphilia, not a dogma. Pedophiles have not decided to be because it is genetic or at most caused by serious psychological degeneration.
In any case the result is the same, if you are a pedophile you better do nothing to avoid being severely punished (rightly)

I've explained it before, it's bad because it can alienate a child's development.
You can rape a child, but you will put yourself in trouble, for evidents raisons.

"
Homosexuality is dangerous to society because STDs run rampant in the homosexual community. And it's also not a beneficial way to bring children into the world, especially owing to the fact they can't reproduce together needing to have surrogacy or adoption which like I said is an experiment to the child's development. We don't know the long term effects of same sex parents. So if you want to argue from the child's perspective then homosexuality is a problem. And morally it's not right. Same sex attraction, child sexual attraction, transgenderism, sex outside of marriage are all morally wrong and could be argued from a social perspective as wrong as well. It is not the right path to live and results in destructive patterns to society and to the development of children.

PeskyPeater

If you truly studied theology you would know that the Bible stands in stark contrast to other pagan gods and mythology. Being a Christian means loving God, and loving your neighbor as yourself. Please tell me how this is psychologically harmful?
yeah probably because the initial Christian sect of jews believed in the literal existence of Jesus 'the bright morning star' as physical human on earth, while the pagans at the time knew this was an anthropomorphism based on the interactions of deities in the sky-heaven.
Christianity at the time a new religious sect, had the tendency to misconceive heavenly bodies, at ancient times in closer proximity, and their interactions of plasma discharge effects recorded around the globe on clay tablets, walls etc depicted as anthropomorphic stories and cave paintings. Following a religious cult that is delusional does not seem healthy to me.

InChristAlone

yeah probably because the initial Christian sect of jews believed in the literal existence of Jesus 'the bright morning star' as physical human on earth, while the pagans at the time knew this was an anthropomorphism based on the interactions of deities in the sky-heaven.
Christianity at the time a new religious sect, had the tendency to misconceive heavenly bodies, at ancient times in closer proximity, and their interactions of plasma discharge effects recorded around the globe on clay tablets, walls etc depicted as anthropomorphic stories and cave paintings. Following a religious cult that is delusional does not seem healthy to me.
Scholars agree Jesus existed. It wasn't a fairy tale. Christianity never would have gotten off the ground if he was not real. They would still be waiting on the Messiah. And a lot of Jews are still waiting because they rejected Christ, they expected a political leader to restore Israel not someone who called them out on their sin. Also you didn't answer my question what about Jesus' ministry is psychologically harmful?

Last edited:

Hayley

Havent taken histidine in months. I take B complex once in a while and a bit of zinc during menstrual bleeding.
As much as I try to minimise supplements my ability to fall and stay asleep has been poor so to get myself to fall asleep I take inositol, magnesium, phosphatidylserine (supplement contains some choline too), melatonin and the GABA increasing herbs. Maybe one of these is causing issues

Diet was well rounded but I had to quit dairy and eggs due to acne.
To add to that, my digestion took a turn for the worse so I had to stop eating legumes. I stopped eating potatoes too because I don't crave them anymore

Now it's lamb, buffalo, fish, rice, oats, vegetables and fruit. Some olive oil
Melatonin causes noticeable depressive symtoms for me that seems to get worse the longer I take it.

PeskyPeater

Scholars agree Jesus existed. It wasn't a fairy tale. Christianity never would have gotten off the ground if he was not real. They would still be waiting on the Messiah. And a lot of Jews are still waiting because they rejected Christ, they expected a political leader to restore Israel not someone who called them out on their sin. Also you didn't answer my question what about Jesus' ministry is psychologically harmful?
the introduction of the christian belief in the future messiah to arrive as a savior, is similar in behavior as 'aboriginal'/native cargo-cults that belief in the imminence of a new age of blessing, to be initiated by the arrival of a special “cargo” of goods from supernatural sources.

"The biblical Old Testament never speaks of an eschatological messiah, and even the “messianic” passages that contain prophecies of a future golden age under an ideal king never use the term messiah. Nevertheless, many modern scholars believe that Israelite messianism grew out of beliefs that were connected with their nation’s kingship. When actual reality and the careers of particular historical Israelite kings proved more and more disappointing, the “messianic” kingship ideology was projected on the future."

Last edited:

InChristAlone

the introduction of the christian belief in the future messiah to arrive as a savior, is similar in behavior as aboriginal cargo-cults that belief in the imminence of a new age of blessing, to be initiated by the arrival of a special “cargo” of goods from supernatural sources.
Similar?! The Messiah was supposed to be a Jewish leader who would restore Israel to it's greatness. It turns out he wasn't and it was a huge stumbling block to them so much so that they crucified him. It's very important when arguing the Bible to know what it says first.

Also you still aren't saying what's harmful about loving God and loving our neighbor as ourself.

PeskyPeater

Also you didn't answer my question what about Jesus' ministry is psychologically harmful?
I think that a cult that is based on delusions has the potential to become pathological disturbed movement. potentially harmful in the sense that the followers mindset is predictable, can be steered into certain directions, manipulated and used as a tool for bad intentions.

PeskyPeater

Similar?! The Messiah was supposed to be a Jewish leader who would restore Israel to it's greatness. It turns out he wasn't and it was a huge stumbling block to them so much so that they crucified him. It's very important when arguing the Bible to know what it says first.

Also you still aren't saying what's harmful about loving God and loving our neighbor as ourself.
Crucifixion and Resurrection is how the sun moves over the earth at winter solstice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom