Sudden and Crippling Depression

BlackMolasses

yes I'm slim and I haven't been focused on eating lately. I don't care to eat much and to be as disciplined with this as I used to be
I'm exactly in the same situation, it's nice not to have to worry about food but you have to be careful to eat enough. I can literally feel my paranoia and guilt kicking in over random things when I'm in a "calorie dip".
That's why I say that.

DonLore

This winter will be really rough in Europe...and the rest of the West, so the sooner you can find at least one empathetic soul you feel a connection with, the easier it will be to make it through.
Are you pointing to the financial collapse we are probably about to see or some other issues, by saying winter will be rough?

Wagner83

View attachment 41473
This book is in the top one of the worst books I have tried to listen to and read!! Eventually I had to let go (of the book). Was it an other way the book teached me a lesson?

I agree with those who have expressed doubts about boosting gaba.

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
it's not good at the moment. It worsened around the time of the onset of depression.

how many beans? I used to tolerate red lentils and peeled thoroughly cooked chickpeas but now they're causing issues. But if it's a very small amount it's doable
It could be that since you quit eating the lentils and chickpeas estrogen is not being removed from your bile as much as it should be. I eat beans with each meal. It isn’t Peat style but I no longer feel effects of estrogen. My gut is better than ever. I did experience gas but amazingly it eventually went away. I started by eating beans 5 times per day. I wish I had done this my whole life but better late than never and I am in my late 60s.

TheCalciumCad

This book is in the top one of the worst books I have tried to listen to and read!! Eventually I had to let go (of the book). Was it an other way the book teached me a lesson?

Yes, sounds like the content triggered you. I found it one of a few books that was actually worth reading.

InChristAlone

It is nice to have community online, but it is nothing compared to having community in real life. I suggest joining a church where you can feel like you belong somewhere and have meaning. I disagree that we should be feeling depressed at the state of the world. I don't even look at the news, I avoid all topics related to the news or to politics or to doom and gloom. Some people are profoundly sensitive to non stop doom and gloom. When I look around my neighborhood and community I don't see a collapsing society. In fact most people in my area seem to be doing really really well. We can only be so prepared. My Dad has been telling me to stock up on food since the pandemic began. We still haven't stocked up and nothing bad has happened. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Where is the collapse everyone is predicting? We can only have so much food in the pantry, and those who actually grow their own food will be raided by those who are starving, so what's the point of worrying about this? Tomorrow can worry about itself.

Depression is a sign you may have spent months worrying and being mentally exhausted by something. Let the feelings pass, focus on your life and those around you.

snappy99

If it’s digestive issues at the root of your feeling, have you tried taking digestive enzymes? I always feel better physically when I take pancreatic enzymes (the porcine kind). They really do help your body digest your food. May be a helpful crutch.

BlackMolasses

It is nice to have community online, but it is nothing compared to having community in real life. I suggest joining a church where you can feel like you belong somewhere and have meaning. I disagree that we should be feeling depressed at the state of the world. I don't even look at the news, I avoid all topics related to the news or to politics or to doom and gloom. Some people are profoundly sensitive to non stop doom and gloom. When I look around my neighborhood and community I don't see a collapsing society. In fact most people in my area seem to be doing really really well. We can only be so prepared. My Dad has been telling me to stock up on food since the pandemic began. We still haven't stocked up and nothing bad has happened. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Where is the collapse everyone is predicting? We can only have so much food in the pantry, and those who actually grow their own food will be raided by those who are starving, so what's the point of worrying about this? Tomorrow can worry about itself.

Depression is a sign you may have spent months worrying and being mentally exhausted by something. Let the feelings pass, focus on your life and those around you.
Why "church" ?
He could simply make friends by doing a group activity.
Religion is an irrational solution of last resort

P

Peatness

Ahem...this....is basically how a healthy human being probably should feel at least every once in a while considering what is going on around us 24x7. We are in a state of civilizational (Western) collapse, so I don't think such moods are unnatural or even negative. Keep in mind that most "healthy" people you see on the street every day are on psychotropic drugs (often more than one) and that is the only way they can "handle" the insanity around them. To quote Krishnamurti - "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society", and if most people were not high on drugs (pharma and otherwise) all the time you'd see a lot more people around you be/feel/behave like you.
So...I, personally, wouldn't fight such mood swings, assuming they are not constant and do not cripple your daily life. If you get to the point of learned helplessness and don't feel like even getting out of bed then an antihistamine or even some aspirin can help, but such interventions should always be done with the realization that it is just a "patch" and that life currently truly sucks for most people and there is no point living in denial. Rather, we should probably look for people in a similar state (and not on pharma mental meds too) and try to connect with them. This winter will be really rough in Europe...and the rest of the West, so the sooner you can find at least one empathetic soul you feel a connection with, the easier it will be to make it through.
This is a very good point haidut

@ursidae I've noticed that there is a lot of spraying lately. I wasn't getting the restorative benefits from being outdoors so I started using vitamin D again and my mood lifted again.

InChristAlone

Why "church" ?
He could simply make friends by doing a group activity.
Religion is an irrational solution of last resort
She could, but church is a place where being intentional neighbors and loving one another is very apparent. Why is that irrational?

Last edited:

JamesGatz

You can GET A BOYFRIEND instead of talking smack about boys online - thats one solution

Another immediate solution - start grounding barefoot in a park - PROBLEM SOLVED

BlackMolasses

He could, but church is a place where being intentional neighbors and loving one another is very apparent. Why is that irrational?
This requires belief in god, or more specifically a fetishized and irrational view of god.
The fundamental purpose of the church is to empower metabolically and psychologically weak people by boosting their ego by returning to a "pre-phalic" paradigm.
When you're not in poor metabolic health and you're awake, religions and various limiting dogmas seem pathetic and stupid, it has nothing to do with true "spirituality".
The op needs to have friends, a life partner, and more food.
Sex, love, sport and lots of food, that's all.

JamesGatz

This requires belief in god, or more specifically a fetishized and irrational view of god.
The fundamental purpose of the church is to empower metabolically and psychologically weak people by boosting their ego by returning to a "pre-phalic" paradigm.
When you're not in poor metabolic health and you're awake, religions and various limiting dogmas seem pathetic and stupid, it has nothing to do with true "spirituality".
THATS FUNNY COMING FROM YOU GERMAN TRUTHER - THATS SO FUNNY COMING FROM A DUDE WHOS ATTRACTED TO KIDS 🤣🤣🤣

YOURE WEIRD KID - DONT LET ME START WITH YOU GERMAN TRUTHER - DONT LET ME START

YourUniverse

I'm sure any community would help. I'm not sure why the idea of church causes such clear disdain. Playing volleyball or joining a hiking club would work too. God-people tend to be very welcoming of newcomers, all else aside.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom