Share Your Cronometer

BD6D1D94-4428-40C1-A12B-8E9F2FCB8838.png
FBF33461-4D78-4FD7-BCCA-950CE76E24A5.png
E9095980-ED37-48C7-B338-D8FBCC6A332F.png
C72C5C25-EAC2-4768-8B69-FFDD5CC9F3FB.png

GelatinGoblin

And his stuff does seem to work maybe not 100%, but close to it, for many people here. I love listening to Peat, like you said, he's so ******* smart and patient and he's just awesome. But going full Peat didn't work for me so far. Perhaps our bodies just aren't ready for it yet, and it will work better for us later down the road. In the meantime, like you and @gaze both mention, I think more animal foods and salty solid will help. When I did that over summer, I felt much better. It's like when I drink a lot of liquids, my body just can't hang on to the nutrients -- I don't seem to absorb them at all.

What you describe is me for the past few months -- always wanting to lay down, frequently annoyed and startled, don't feel like talking to people, clammy, and I have B.O. too which is just a cherry on top haha. Gotta get to the bottom of this! I'm gonna up liver, oysters, animal foods. Thanks.

Wow, well it's great to hear from people who have experienced similar issues! Interestingly I never get hot flashes in bed, but usually as I eat something. But just like, intuitively I feel like I'm messing up my cravings for those things -- I have totally turned my back on my body's hunger signals, instead eating with my mind and not with my body. The cycle you describe --hunger, OJ, milk, digestive problems -- is my life right now. It's so helpful to hear from everyone in this thread, so thanks again. I'm going to go back to basics for a bit, like you describe, with solid foods, salt, and things that taste good. Still trying as much as possible to keep PUFA low, get decent amounts of calcium and sugar from fruit, but honor cravings too.

First of all, thank you so much for that explanation about jasmine rice! I didn;t know about the warm v cold thing, but this discussion has made me crave rice with butter and some meat. So I think I will go eat that, and I will give Jasmine Rice another shot, cooking it until it breaks and gets gelatinous, like you describe.

Second, you're totally right. I am too mechanical with my foods. I've become a Peat robot. I need to learn to balance Peat and my own intuition, so that I can enjoy my foods and my life again.
very happy to hear it... well I'm off for today. Most happy about making someone want some rice with butter ☺️
A thing I liked about Peat is that it has options for everybody, and the diet is very much dynamic, and the food is actually good and human. Hope it all works out.
Cheers

ursidae

Vileplume. I get hot flashes from food when my blood sugar is very high, like after eating 0.5 kg potatoes in one sitting if I’ve been very sedentary for 4-5 days. During the several months of my amenorrhea and insulin resistance I got hot flashes every evening. Are you sedentary?

Vileplume

Vileplume. I get hot flashes from food when my blood sugar is very high, like after eating 0.5 kg potatoes in one sitting if I’ve been very sedentary for 4-5 days. During the several months of my amenorrhea and insulin resistance I got hot flashes every evening. Are you sedentary?
I am quite sedentary, the most I’ve been in my life. What has helped you heal your hot flashes, amenorrhea, and insulin resistance? Glad to hear you’re past them, from what it sounds like.

gaze

What you describe is me for the past few months -- always wanting to lay down, frequently annoyed and startled, don't feel like talking to people, clammy, and I have B.O. too which is just a cherry on top haha.
yup i had that, even the BO. sometimes i still get it when i get stressed and i can feel my blood sugar get messed up. back then, when i had to do work like write an essay the mental energy would wipe me out, and i would try to drink a bunch of Oj but i'd just get stressed, angry, weak. it was not a good time. when i first started eating meals like basmati rice + a filet of cod + some butter, i would get really tired and take a nap, and even had some heart palpitations, but i viewed it as a good thing because i think it was lowering adrenaline revealing my low metabolic rate. but slowly they would get less frequent, and my energy levels were more stable, and now i can write long papers and do strenuous work without feeling completely wiped out or needing to scarf down ice cream. i also had to cut out eggs because i noticed those as a frequent cause of my BO from the blood sugar lowering effects of it

ursidae

I am quite sedentary, the most I’ve been in my life. What has helped you heal your hot flashes, amenorrhea, and insulin resistance? Glad to hear you’re past them, from what it sounds like.
I suspect I’m still insulin resistant but not to such an extent, the 1 month course of thiamine antagonist medication didn’t help. Things I’ve taken for this are vitamin D, chromium, zinc, inositol, thiamine. I take too many supplements to know which ones helped. But only working out 3 times a week (15 mins cardio, 20 mins weightlifting) and walking for at least 1 hr/day the rest of the week allows me to eat without hot flashes and not get excess sebum and many comedones. Unless you’re recovering from some kind of ailment, physical activity is a very good and natural thing. Eat and move is what I think is optimal and makes sense. This doesn’t mean you have to exercise away every carb you eat

Most of the people that do well on here are either:

• body building/moderately active
• taking thyroid

Both of those things speed up your metabolism. Not all people here will state that detail in their success stories, which can be disastrous for those who try to mimic them. it’s more important to mention you’re working out or taking 6 grains of thyroid than which brand of OJ you’re drinking

Jennifer

Thanks for these suggestions. I even made salt tablets to take throughout the day, each with 1/4 tsp of salt, to ensure I was getting enough salt. I drink a lot of OJ but recently developed this gross grey tongue, along with nausea, which I think comes from too many fluids. When I start drinking too many fluids, I stop having satisfying poops, although OJ doesn't make me bloated. I'm not 100% sure that the grey tongue comes from the fluids though, but I can't figure out the cause. Those suggestions sound bomb --I'll try Swiss Chard, but Jasmine Rice gives me endotoxin symptoms and Oxtail seems to cause a histamine reaction. I'd like to come back to both of those foods though in time, perhaps I'll try revisiting them.

I’m sorry you’re struggling. If you haven’t already tried lower starch recipes and like these, there’s turnip and/or jicama fries to accompany meat, zucchini manicotti and/or lasagna, eggplant parmesan, crustless quiche, custard and even flourless muffins and brownies—they contain starch from the cocoa powder, but it’s much less than typical flours. I’m currently working on perfecting a flourless recipe for my parents but even with my first trial run, my dad gobbled them up. lol There’s also puddings made with gelatin as the binder instead of cornstarch. Also, if you like pasta recipes but don’t like zucchini or eggplant and/or want to reintroduce more starch into your diet but struggle with grains, this pasta is made from cassava flour:

And in case you’re wanting to try some lower starch recipes...

Turnip fries:

Jicama fries :

Zucchini manicotti:

Zucchini lasagna:

Eggplant parmesan:

Crustless quiche:

I’ve also successfully made cheesecake using quark (the Wünder brand—Homepage – Wünder Creamery) in place of cream cheese because I couldn’t find one without gums.

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

That article is fascinating and inspiring. I used to love going on walks everyday, but lately I've kinda lost interest in it. I've actually lost interest in most things -- I've slipped into a depression. Instead, I waste a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to eat next, what supplement to take, and when. I know this mode of thinking contributes to the problem, but I'm struggling to snap out of it. Some days though, my energy clicks and I go out for walks, listen to music, and love it. Maybe just pushing through on those off-days
Glad you enjoyed reading!

I've been there. When I had Lyme disease sometimes I just wanted to sit in bed, drink wine, and watch youtube videos.

In my experience the struggle is just to get out of the house. Once you get out there, the world seems a little bit better. It may feel like 'pushing through,' but I think it's worth it!

Are there any ways you can make walking practical or incentivize it? Even if that just means walking to the coffee shop to get your fav drink?

OccamzRazer

If I could eat whatever I wanted it would be hot chocolate, ice cream, burritos, carne asada fries, grilled cheese sandwiches.
Have you tried eating in such a way?

If you prepared everything yourself with high-quality ingredients and fried things in coconut oil/suet, this diet sounds like it could be pretty healthy.

Of course, you could always plug it into cronometer and see what happens first lol

OccamzRazer

• taking thyroid

Both of those things speed up your metabolism. Not all people here will state that detail in their success stories, which can be disastrous for those who try to mimic them. it’s more important to mention you’re working out or taking 6 grains of thyroid than which brand of OJ you’re drinking
Good point about these added variables.

But what if staying active and taking thyroid were just as fundamentally important as any other element of diet/lifestyle?

Historically speaking it would've been pretty tough to avoid these things. Maybe they're required for any diet to work (at least the staying active part).

Interesting Josh! You're certainly limiting PUFA pretty well. Any reason for the low-ish protein? Is that for longevity?
Thanks! I’m only 5’6 150lbs but I still get about 100g of protein which I believe is around where peat recommends. Also I didn’t include the food my family makes in which I usually eat one meal with them daily- usually incorporates beef and also displaces the fat I would have eaten otherwise. I’ve gotten them to cook only with coconut oil lol. I probably could add another scoop of gelatin though to get that protein% above 20 however

Vileplume

I’m sorry you’re struggling. If you haven’t already tried lower starch recipes and like these, there’s turnip and/or jicama fries to accompany meat, zucchini manicotti and/or lasagna, eggplant parmesan, crustless quiche, custard and even flourless muffins and brownies—they contain starch from the cocoa powder, but it’s much less than typical flours. I’m currently working on perfecting a flourless recipe for my parents but even with my first trial run, my dad gobbled them up. lol There’s also puddings made with gelatin as the binder instead of cornstarch. Also, if you like pasta recipes but don’t like zucchini or eggplant and/or want to reintroduce more starch into your diet but struggle with grains, this pasta is made from cassava flour:

And in case you’re wanting to try some lower starch recipes...

Turnip fries:

Jicama fries :

Zucchini manicotti:

Zucchini lasagna:

Eggplant parmesan:

Crustless quiche:

I’ve also successfully made cheesecake using quark (the Wünder brand—Homepage – Wünder Creamery) in place of cream cheese because I couldn’t find one without gums.
Thank you Jennifer, these recipes look amazing. I'm especially excited about the zucchini lasagna and Eggplant parmesan. And Quark cheesecake! As I mentioned before, I have not been enjoying my food lately, which might be contributing to the poor digestion. This dang grey tongue is the weirdest thing, I can't figure out the cause. One day, I will figure this all out. Can't wait for that.

I suspect I’m still insulin resistant but not to such an extent, the 1 month course of thiamine antagonist medication didn’t help. Things I’ve taken for this are vitamin D, chromium, zinc, inositol, thiamine. I take too many supplements to know which ones helped. But only working out 3 times a week (15 mins cardio, 20 mins weightlifting) and walking for at least 1 hr/day the rest of the week allows me to eat without hot flashes and not get excess sebum and many comedones. Unless you’re recovering from some kind of ailment, physical activity is a very good and natural thing. Eat and move is what I think is optimal and makes sense. This doesn’t mean you have to exercise away every carb you eat

• taking thyroid

I have noticed these things too! I am taking thyroid too, T3 and NDT, which have improved my tachycardia some. But now that I still have problems, I don't know if I should increase the thyroid, reduce it, or keep it the same. So many variables! I like working out too, it feels good, but I have a tendency to overdo it and feel pretty bad after.
Have you tried eating in such a way?

If you prepared everything yourself with high-quality ingredients and fried things in coconut oil/suet, this diet sounds like it could be pretty healthy.

Of course, you could always plug it into cronometer and see what happens first lol
This is kinda like how I used to eat before I tried any dieting, but I would get the restaurant-made, processed versions of these things. High in PUFA, gums, other things. You're right that making them myself would be a different experience. I've actually been eating homemade ice cream the past few days and I've been LOVING it, although my hot flashes have not yet improved. I will get to the bottom of this one day. It does seem to be blood sugar related, but perhaps a vitamin or nutrient deficiency...

Just wanted to thank everyone who's jumped in on my hijacking of this thread. I feel super supported by everyone who responded, so thanks everybody.

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Vileplume! I hope the recipes help with enjoying your food again. :)

OccamzRazer

This is kinda like how I used to eat before I tried any dieting, but I would get the restaurant-made, processed versions of these things. High in PUFA, gums, other things. You're right that making them myself would be a different experience. I've actually been eating homemade ice cream the past few days and I've been LOVING it, although my hot flashes have not yet improved. I will get to the bottom of this one day. It does seem to be blood sugar related, but perhaps a vitamin or nutrient deficiency...
Glad you're liking the ice cream!

In addition to being nutritious, I think cooking your own favorite foods, and eating said favorite foods everyday, could be very mentally freeing.

OccamzRazer

Thanks! I’m only 5’6 150lbs but I still get about 100g of protein which I believe is around where peat recommends. Also I didn’t include the food my family makes in which I usually eat one meal with them daily- usually incorporates beef and also displaces the fat I would have eaten otherwise. I’ve gotten them to cook only with coconut oil lol. I probably could add another scoop of gelatin though to get that protein% above 20 however
Ah, gotcha. I guess that's not an especially low protein intake then.

Coconut oil - nice! Always feels good to have family on board. My mom has also seen the light and is sure to swap out "PUFA" for coconut oil or butter.

OccamzRazer

Decided to take some inspiration from Jam, Ecstatic Hamster, Rinse & RePeat et al and switch things up a little. Higher carb, lower meat:

crononew.jpg

Jam

Screenshot 2021-11-08 173056.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom