Share Your Cronometer

OccamzRazer

cronom.jpg

Vileplume

I'm open to any critique, because I've recently been struggling a lot to get my temperatures up -- usually hovering around 97.8 or so. Perhaps too many liquids, as the solid fruits are recent additions.

*Edit* --- it's four regular cups of coffee, not four venti.
Cronometer Aprl 14.PNG

Last edited:
I'm open to any critique, because I've recently been struggling a lot to get my temperatures up -- usually hovering around 97.8 or so. Perhaps too many liquids, as the solid fruits are recent additions.
View attachment 22697

perhaps more cheese and less milk and less muscle meat. I keep muscle meat to under 4oz a day. Limiting methionine is very, very crucial.

OccamzRazer

perhaps more cheese and less milk and less muscle meat. I keep muscle meat to under 4oz a day. Limiting methionine is very, very crucial.
I really dig this approach, in theory...but muscle meat makes me feel really good. Any way to mitigate its weaknesses/downsides, besides getting glycine from other sources?

I really dig this approach, in theory...but muscle meat makes me feel really good. Any way to mitigate its weaknesses/downsides, besides getting glycine from other sources?

Well it is quite possible that you are missing some micronutrients that are found in muscle meat. Someone posted an analogous situation but not with muscle meat, but with starch cravings. They said adding a bunch of salt to their diet made them not crave starch anymore. Perhaps there is something to this in your case, maybe salt or something else.

OccamzRazer

Well it is quite possible that you are missing some micronutrients that are found in muscle meat. Someone posted an analogous situation but not with muscle meat, but with starch cravings. They said adding a bunch of salt to their diet made them not crave starch anymore. Perhaps there is something to this in your case, maybe salt or something else.
Thanks! Maybe more liver/oysters/low-PUFA seafood? Might try that.

OccamzRazer

Looks pretty good to me, tho far from an expert here.

Have you tried ice cream for temps? Ice cream + homemade choc sauce is super warming for me - and super delicious.

Vileplume

Thanks. I use meat to help keep fats and liquids low, but maybe the items that @OccamzRazer just suggested above would help with that.

I also have been increasing my thyroid (NDT and T3) but it doesn't seem to be helping my temps. They were the highest this most recent summer, when I ate a lot of meat and fruit -- very little liquid. I might need to reduce the thyroid to minimize the variables in why I feel so bad.

Vileplume

Looks pretty good to me, tho far from an expert here.

Have you tried ice cream for temps? Ice cream + homemade choc sauce is super warming for me - and super delicious.
Thanks for your thoughts. I agree on paper it looks solid, but for some reason I still have constant anxiety, brain fog, digestive issues, a coated tongue, and low temps. I do love eating ice cream, and I can make it at home, but I get worried that the high fat will cause me to keep gaining weight.

How do you make the chocolate sauce? And when in the day do you eat it? Sounds awesome.

OccamzRazer

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree on paper it looks solid, but for some reason I still have constant anxiety, brain fog, digestive issues, a coated tongue, and low temps. I do love eating ice cream, and I can make it at home, but I get worried that the high fat will cause me to keep gaining weight.

How do you make the chocolate sauce? And when in the day do you eat it? Sounds awesome.
Bone broth or oxtail soup for digestion? If you put lots of salt in it, it's also really warming.

Chocolate sauce:

Coconut oil / butter (coconut oil better for 'magic shell' effect)
Cane sugar / raw honey (needs some texture)
Cocoa powder / baker's chocolate

Just melt it up in a pot and pour it over ice cream!

OccamzRazer

I get worried that the high fat will cause me to keep gaining weight.
Have you tried lots of walking? There seems to be something magical about high-volume, low-stress movement.

“While jogging became popular for preventing heart disease, we were frequently told by experts how many miles a person has to run to burn off a pound of fat. However, in Russia, physiologists always remember to include the brain in their calculations, and it turns out that a walk through interesting and pleasant surroundings consumes more energy than does harder but more boring exercise. An active brain consumes a tremendous amount of fuel.” - Ray Peat

Also, this is interesting: This Is What Happens to Your Body on a Thru-Hike | Outside Online

gaze

*Edit* --- it's four regular cups of coffee, not four venti.
View attachment 22697
is there anything you crave at all or do you go to bed completely satiated ?

i find lots of salt raises my temps better than anything other than eating enough. I salt foods like crazy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom