Repeated nail analysis after 3 months: Aluminum went down, lead went up, and some uranium

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

@TurboTime Thanks for your comments! You are right. I am going to be more vigilant with the supplements I take in powder form moving forward. Will retest without using the DiMagnesium Malate supplement and see.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I have a love hate relationship with supplements. They usually help at the start when I'm most deficient but eventually I think the contaminants outweigh the benefits.

This is a picture of the residue from magnesium hydroxide powder from PureBulk. I have previously reacted pharmacuetical grade MgOH powder with carbonated water and it all reacted. This stuff from purebulk was 10x cheaper but might not be worth it. (I don't have access to the good powder anymore so I use the PureBulk powder and filter the residue (which is not simple to get all of it))
View attachment 44556

This really opened my eyes to how bad supplements are though. I don't do any chemistry with other powders so I wouldn't know. I only have intuition that something is starting to do more harm than good after a while. For example I determined by tracking my supplement intake and my symptoms that magnesium glycinate powder from BulkSupplements must have been harming me with contamination.

That's crazy. I thought PureBulk was "one of the good ones". They don't have any excipients at least. Is that the bottom of a plastic bottle?

Would the carbonated water method work with other supplements, or only the hydroxide based ones?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Also @TurboTime, do you think a Certificate of Analysis showing levels of <= 1.0000 ppm could still mean the product is harmful overtime?

TurboTime

IMG_20220927_141527.jpg
IMG_20220927_141457222.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 13-41-59 Working COA. Magnesium Hydroxide. 102805.xls - PB. COA. Magn...png

Here's some photos of another batch with the PureBulk magnesium and its COA for reference. That orange stuff is presumably the 2.5% of stuff that isn't magnesium hydroxide (the white/translucent specs are magnesium that's fallen out of solution). There's probably about 7g of white powder that went into that 1.25L bottle and when the magnesium had all reacted that's what was left. Props to PureBulk for at least showing the tested amount of Lead and not just saying "<=2ppm Conforms". If that's all it said it that information would be of no value.

Still I don't want to consume any of that crap so I separate it. First I let it settle in the bottom of the container like pictured for a couple of days then slowly pour out about 90% of the liquid into another bottle and stop pouring when it looks like the crud is about to come out. The next bottle I use like a ghetto separation funnel. I turn it upside down with a washing detergent lid attached and discard some more of the liquid.

I don't know what you can do about other supplements - if there's any tricks to purifying them. I just learnt from here that the magnesium hydroxide >> magnesium bicarbonate was a good one because you could easily know the purity. I don't remember anyone showing impurities before though. I actually fluked it with my first batch of powder being extremely pure and was then shocked by the PureBulk product.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Props to PureBulk for at least showing the tested amount of Lead and not just saying "<=2ppm Conforms". If that's all it said it that information would be of no value.

Yes. Huge. The CoA I got for a Fo-Ti I'm using only says <=2ppm for arsenic, cadmium, and lead, but I don't know how much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom