Ray Peat Meetups

BigShoes

Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in Ray Peat "Meetup Groups" - i.e. places and events in the real world for forum members / RP enthusiasts to meet and discuss RP ideas, plus anything / everything else in between?

I think it's nice to meet like-minded people in real-life, and have genuine social interactions with people you see eye-to-eye with.

I know there is a concern around the forum about alphabet agency monitoring and such, and the forum is obviously a "global" community. But perhaps some smaller regional meet-ups could be enjoyable.

What do you think?

chompie

I also really like this idea, but I am on an island deep in the tropics. We could set up a week getaway someplace like Bogota or Machu Picchu. Someplace with a really high altitude :)

AdoTintor

yes to people in Manchester UK. Peating is so rare it is unlikely one could get critical mass in one town. How many went to those London meetups I saw proposed earlier? We could all commence a pilgrimage to Peat's place...

YamnayaMommy

It would be nice to find some peating moms with little kids on the north side of Chicago. My kids think I’m a psycho because I don’t let them eat the store bought crap served to children at every birthday party and school event. I need some backup here!

Regina

It would be nice to find some peating moms with little kids on the north side of Chicago. My kids think I’m a psycho because I don’t let them eat the store bought crap served to children at every birthday party and school event. I need some backup here!
I was the only Peater I knew in Chicago. And learned of you just before we moved away.

I can remember the bizarre looks I got when I would walk around dojo parties (Midwest Aikido up by you) with cheese sticks and redbull.
And Trader Joes check-out people saying, "whoa, someone doesn't care that sugar is poison!"

Birdie

Lady Lake, Florida. A little hot here. People have pizza boxes outside on trash pickup day. And sugar is evil.

Regina

Lady Lake, Florida. A little hot here. People have pizza boxes outside on trash pickup day. And sugar is evil.
Cool! I'm east of deland. I do not know central FL well.
I have a cousin who retired to the Villages and just missed his 70th birthday bash at their clubhouse.
I'd be happy to meet-up.

Birdie

Cool! I'm east of deland. I do not know central FL well.
I have a cousin who retired to the Villages and just missed his 70th birthday bash at their clubhouse.
I'd be happy to meet-up.
Oh, excellent. I don't know central fl well either. I'll look up Deland.

Regina

Where is that church?
I think Josiah is in TX.
I bet there are Peater's in our local Churches around here, but I see so many locals (all the contractors) drinking zero sugar drinks. They tell me their wives are looking out for them and won't let them eat any sugar. So, under those circumstances, there's no way I'm telling them their wives are mistaken, however well-meaning.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Where is that church?
It has a pretty high turnover cuz of its kinda international presence, so I haven't seen those people in a little while... It's the Upper Room in Dallas, TX :)

Birdie

I’m in Brevard County, southeast of y’all.
My husband just told me how to pronounce it. Bre-vaard. We could meet at Regina's cousins' house...

HDD

My husband just told me how to pronounce it. Bre-vaard. We could meet at Regina's cousins' house...
Lol, I’ve been here since 1963, never considered Brevard being weird. You are a few hours north west. How far are you from Orlando? I really don’t like Orlando. New Smyrna and beach is a nice area.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals