Ray Peat Meetups

Birdie

Lol, I’ve been here since 1963, never considered Brevard being weird. You are a few hours north west. How far are you from Orlando?
I've been here almost 3 years. I used to think you were in the UK for some reason. I've not been to Orlando but it's about 50 miles away.
Brevard is a pretty name !

Last edited:

HDD

I have a son and nephew that live in Orlando and when grandchildren visit, we usually do something there. I really don’t like going there for any other reason. Too much traffic!

Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in Ray Peat "Meetup Groups" - i.e. places and events in the real world for forum members / RP enthusiasts to meet and discuss RP ideas, plus anything / everything else in between?

I think it's nice to meet like-minded people in real-life, and have genuine social interactions with people you see eye-to-eye with.

I know there is a concern around the forum about alphabet agency monitoring and such, and the forum is obviously a "global" community. But perhaps some smaller regional meet-ups could be enjoyable.

What do you think?
Nice try, glowie. Only feds meetup irl

Nah but seriously. Regional meetups sound like a good idea.

Normally forum meetups take place at a restaurant or bar but a quiet public park seems conducive to the kind of mood you'd want, but less suspicious than a mountain retreat or something so people who may be interested would actually be inclined to attend.

Birdie

I have a son and nephew that live in Orlando and when grandchildren visit, we usually do something there. I really don’t like going there for any other reason. Too much traffic!
Yes, we've only driven around it. That was on a cross country trip. We always skirted the cities. I can't take the ruckus. Agree with the idea of an outdoor meetup but don't know where. Too hot right now around these parts for outdoor tho.

ndn

LA sounds like one of the worst places for a peetup tbh.

Washington sounds good for a west coast meetup, or Arizona/Nevada if you want it closer to Cali.
******** Los Angeles needs it and i think it's an appropriate time . A la native marine medical Dr was telling me that the vortex that was over under or in Sedona has recently shifted to loa Angeles. I was trying to follow his details but it was over my head. La needs to be cleaned up ... Particularly Hollywood ...

ndn

Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in Ray Peat "Meetup Groups" - i.e. places and events in the real world for forum members / RP enthusiasts to meet and discuss RP ideas, plus anything / everything else in between?

I think it's nice to meet like-minded people in real-life, and have genuine social interactions with people you see eye-to-eye with.

I know there is a concern around the forum about alphabet agency monitoring and such, and the forum is obviously a "global" community. But perhaps some smaller regional meet-ups could be enjoyable.

What do you think?
Burroughs of new york city & staten island/long island / rockland county

Daft

LA sounds like one of the worst places for a peetup tbh.

Washington sounds good for a west coast meetup, or Arizona/Nevada if you want it closer to Cali.
PEATUPS! The next power level. Western Canada here. Anyone else?

Regina

Hey there! I'm in Brevard as well!

Lol, I’ve been here since 1963, never considered Brevard being weird. You are a few hours north west. How far are you from Orlando? I really don’t like Orlando. New Smyrna and beach is a nice area.
Volusia here.
We drive down to Miami to visit fam.

Will ping you guys if you want to meet for coffee on our drive down to Miami.

Birdie

Volusia here.
We drive down to Miami to visit fam.

Will ping you guys if you want to meet for coffee on our drive down to Miami.
Okay, so I can't meet but want to hear about it. Okay ? Hope it works out.

JamesGatz

I can meetup with anyone here - just wait till midnight go to your bathroom and say "Candyman Candyman" 3 times in the mirror and I'll pop out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals