Pecans (technically a fruit) fat breakdown: 60% Monosaturated, 10% Saturated, 30% PUFA

ALS

So not as bad as some other nuts, but PUFA is 30%

20g of fats per oz. "A one-ounce serving of pecans (approximately 20 halves) contains 196 calories, 20.4 grams total fat (1.8 saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 0 grams sodium, 2.7 grams dietary fiber and over 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and zinc. Pecans are also a good source of oleic acid, vitamin B1, thiamin, magnesium and protein." Nutrition in a Nutshell

20g of fats per oz. "A one-ounce serving of pecans (approximately 20 halves) contains 196 calories, 20.4 grams total fat (1.8 saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 0 grams sodium, 2.7 grams dietary fiber and over 19 vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and zinc. Pecans are also a good source of oleic acid, vitamin B1, thiamin, magnesium and protein." Nutrition in a Nutshell

7 grams of PUFA is a lot for a snack considering that 4 grams a day is ideal. I stick to the macadamias. I converted my beloved pecan pie to a macadamia pie because of the high PUFAs in pecans.

“… it became apparent that the polyunsaturated fatty acids slowed metabolism, and reduced all nutritional needs. The thyroid hormone was powerfully suppressed by the "essential" fatty acids.

When we consider the two sets of experiments together, their outstanding feature is the toxicity of the polyunsaturated oils, which in one kind of experiment suppressed metabolism, and in the other kind of experiment created a variety of degenerative conditions.” —Ray Peat

Last edited:

LA

I read your posting the day it went up and when I read your posting I immediately downloaded a wiki on pecans!
I had forgotten about them. They must have something I needed although I can only handle about 6 halves if I eat them. I feel good when I have a few.
Here is the wiki:

Attachments

• Pecan.pdf
    803.2 KB · Views: 6

LA

This thread is worth reading too. I know about the man who always ate Butter Pecan ice-cream at night and lived to be 112. The video is when he was 109:

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom