Nitric oxide

tommyg130

I’m not here to call out ray, but him/lots of members can’t be so dogmatic. Ik ray speaks in generalizations and would probably be open to other ideas. sometimes I think he plays contrarian too much.

For example. serotonin and nitric oxide.

Take it for what you want. I’m going to bring up genes. I have low serotonin , and receptor activity. Also have many mutations in the NOS pathway which deals w nitroc oxide. So being I don’t feel well I figured lemme try to adress these.

I took melatonin to deal w the serotonin front. Really relaxed me and has Been working well for a week or so. For the nitric oxide I have Been taking arginine /Citruline and agmatine sulfate.

I feel the warmest I’ve felt in 2 years w these 2-3 new supplements. Just my two cents. Keep exploring and never taken anyones word as gospel. One man’s poison can be another’s medicine. Any condition or symptom that exists.. the polar opposite can also exist. That is the duality of the world.

HeyThere

I’m not here to call out ray, but him/lots of members can’t be so dogmatic. Ik ray speaks in generalizations and would probably be open to other ideas. sometimes I think he plays contrarian too much.

For example. serotonin and nitric oxide.

Take it for what you want. I’m going to bring up genes. I have low serotonin , and receptor activity. Also have many mutations in the NOS pathway which deals w nitroc oxide. So being I don’t feel well I figured lemme try to adress these.

I took melatonin to deal w the serotonin front. Really relaxed me and has Been working well for a week or so. For the nitric oxide I have Been taking arginine /Citruline and agmatine sulfate.

I feel the warmest I’ve felt in 2 years w these 2-3 new supplements. Just my two cents. Keep exploring and never taken anyones word as gospel. One man’s poison can be another’s medicine. Any condition or symptom that exists.. the polar opposite can also exist. That is the duality of the world.

Absolutely. A few years back I tried L-Citrulline and IMMEDIATELY felt this massive relief. I didn't know it at the time but I've been horribly low on Nitric Oxide my whole adult life. It took away this heavy "is there a tumor in the back of my head or something??" pressure away instantly and I was beside myself with relief, finally!! It took away a heaviness and tightness in my body, especially my head and neck. It took away my DAILY migraines. It softened my hard skin very, very quickly. It also took away my daily CHRONIC sinus congestion, swelling and infection. I can only speak for my own experience.

OP
T

tommyg130

Absolutely. A few years back I tried L-Citrulline and IMMEDIATELY felt this massive relief. I didn't know it at the time but I've been horribly low on Nitric Oxide my whole adult life. It took away this heavy "is there a tumor in the back of my head or something??" pressure away instantly and I was beside myself with relief, finally!! It took away a heaviness and tightness in my body, especially my head and neck. It took away my DAILY migraines. It softened my hard skin very, very quickly. It also took away my daily CHRONIC sinus congestion, swelling and infection. I can only speak for my own experience.
Love it , glad it helped . You still use it daily ?

OP
T

tommyg130

Did you mix it in water or put in capsules ? Do amino acids have to be mixed in water to be bio -available?

Smelly5

Your experience is valid, and important.

I used to take 5HTP and could tell you several stories of the positive experiences I benefited from it at the time, even though it harmed me greatly in the long term.
Sometimes thinking about substances in terms of 'good' or 'bad' can be very misleading, without having somewhat of a top-down overview of what's happening to the organism at different levels.

Regarding Melatonin/Serotonin and Citruline/Nitrous Oxide:
Some general phrases that I've heard are;
-Hypothyroid people don't produce as much melatonin
-Hypothyroid people don't produce enough carbon dioxide which is normally needed for dialating blood vessels. Nitric oxide fills in the role of blood vessel dialiation when carbon dioxide is not around.

Also consider, Melatonin has benefits that don't directly relate to Serotonin. Citruline has benefits that don't directly relate to N/O.
*For example Citruline is said to help clear amonnia. But why is the amonnia high in the first place? Is that the only way to clear ammonia?
Just because something has a benefit doesn't mean necessarily that it serves the organism in the long term, in a pro-metabolic way.

I used to be heavily invested in genes and it quickly became apparent it's value wasn't anywhere near how it was promoted.
Eg, The amount of serotonin generated from a acute minor insult to the gut, vastly outweighs any influence of serotonin production/breakdown from a specific gene.

One man’s poison can be another’s medicine. Any condition or symptom that exists.. the polar opposite can also exist. That is the duality of the world.
I like to start with what we have in common and work from there. All organisms have the same goal in order to function well -to raise cellular energy production/keep metabolism high/maintain favorable NAD/NADH ratio and redox balance.
How this is achieved, would definitely be slighlty different for each individual and their circumstance/history/environment. But the substances (like Serotonin) themselves and how they work in the human body, fundamentally don't change.

OP
T

tommyg130

Your experience is valid, and important.

I used to take 5HTP and could tell you several stories of the positive experiences I benefited from it at the time, even though it harmed me greatly in the long term.
Sometimes thinking about substances in terms of 'good' or 'bad' can be very misleading, without having somewhat of a top-down overview of what's happening to the organism at different levels.

Regarding Melatonin/Serotonin and Citruline/Nitrous Oxide:
Some general phrases that I've heard are;
-Hypothyroid people don't produce as much melatonin
-Hypothyroid people don't produce enough carbon dioxide which is normally needed for dialating blood vessels. Nitric oxide fills in the role of blood vessel dialiation when carbon dioxide is not around.

Also consider, Melatonin has benefits that don't directly relate to Serotonin. Citruline has benefits that don't directly relate to N/O.
*For example Citruline is said to help clear amonnia. But why is the amonnia high in the first place? Is that the only way to clear ammonia?
Just because something has a benefit doesn't mean necessarily that it serves the organism in the long term, in a pro-metabolic way.

I used to be heavily invested in genes and it quickly became apparent it's value wasn't anywhere near how it was promoted.
Eg, The amount of serotonin generated from a acute minor insult to the gut, vastly outweighs any influence of serotonin production/breakdown from a specific gene.

I like to start with what we have in common and work from there. All organisms have the same goal in order to function well -to raise cellular energy production/keep metabolism high/maintain favorable NAD/NADH ratio and redox balance.
How this is achieved, would definitely be slighlty different for each individual and their circumstance/history/environment. But the substances (like Serotonin) themselves and how they work in the human body, fundamentally don't change.
Great info thank you. Yes melatonin can increse
Mitochondrial function in the body everywhere. How did 5htp hurt you in the long run? By raising serotonin strictly ? Do you think melatonin is safer then serotonin in the sense it won’t cause “serotonin overload” lastly do you think that truly nobody can benefit from more serotonin? That nobody is low and could use a boost? Genuinely asking ! 🙏🏻

HeyThere

Did you mix it in water or put in capsules ? Do amino acids have to be mixed in water to be bio -available?

I use it here and there when I feel "off" as if I'm not getting enough oxygen and/or "tight" and can tell it would help, like this morning.

My body is something else.. it's insanely sensitive.. I use such a tiny speck of it in water, but usually just drop some into my morning coffee cup. You would need more than I use I'm sure. Sometimes i just pop it into my mouth and take a gulp of water. Again, I take so little. I don't think it takes much though. I use the powder from Amazon. No capsules, just take it by mouth in powder form.

Smelly5

Great info thank you. Yes melatonin can increse
Mitochondrial function in the body everywhere. How did 5htp hurt you in the long run? By raising serotonin strictly ? Do you think melatonin is safer then serotonin in the sense it won’t cause “serotonin overload” lastly do you think that truly nobody can benefit from more serotonin? That nobody is low and could use a boost? Genuinely asking ! 🙏🏻
Serotonin, like Estrogen, is easy for the body to accumlate it and we don't have to worry about not having enough.
I'm sure I've heard Peat or someone else in this space call Serotonin 'the alarm signal of the digestive tract'.

If you wanted a definitive verdict for yourself, you could try a drug which is serotonin antagonist and see how you feel. Spoiler alert: You'll probably feel great.
The drug wont necessary help your health in any way, other than providing you a short-term experience of what it's like to not be under the spell of Serotonin for a few hours. Haidut's articles are good resources: Search Results for “serotonin” – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I dont know enough about Melatonin, Very small amounts to help you sleep are probably fine.
Some people claim that taking it will deminish the amount of Serotonin your body is able to clear. I've never seen actual evidence for this, but on paper it makes some sense from a chemical pathway perspective.

I have a severe peanut and treenut allergy. Serotonin antagonists acutely stop the allergic reaction in it's tracks almost 100%.

OP
T

tommyg130

Serotonin, like Estrogen, is easy for the body to accumlate it and we don't have to worry about not having enough.
I'm sure I've heard Peat or someone else in this space call Serotonin 'the alarm signal of the digestive tract'.

If you wanted a definitive verdict for yourself, you could try a drug which is serotonin antagonist and see how you feel. Spoiler alert: You'll probably feel great.
The drug wont necessary help your health in any way, other than providing you a short-term experience of what it's like to not be under the spell of Serotonin for a few hours. Haidut's articles are good resources: Search Results for “serotonin” – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

I dont know enough about Melatonin, Very small amounts to help you sleep are probably fine.
Some people claim that taking it will deminish the amount of Serotonin your body is able to clear. I've never seen actual evidence for this, but on paper it makes some sense from a chemical pathway perspective.

I have a severe peanut and treenut allergy. Serotonin antagonists acutely stop the allergic reaction in it's tracks almost 100%.
Cypro your referencing ? I felt my lowest while using it. Awful. And all other peat ways of lowering serotonin worsen me. And my estrogen is in the gutter. All forms checked. I’m low all around though. Dhea test prog . I’m definitely in complete Burnout that I’m trying to get out of

FrostedShores

Melatonin makes me sleepy, but never actually puts me to sleep. So I end up just sitting there, extremely tired, but not able to sleep. Also, gives me headaches and makes me feel kind of spacey.

I do wonder about NO, though. Before discovering Peat, I used l-arginine and citrulline malate, and it definitely helped with increased energy.

FrostedShores

Wow, that's amazing! I'm glad it works so well for you. Makes me want to experiment with citrulline again.

Smelly5

W
Cypro your referencing ? I felt my lowest while using it. Awful. And all other peat ways of lowering serotonin worsen me. And my estrogen is in the gutter. All forms checked. I’m low all around though. Dhea test prog . I’m definitely in complete Burnout that I’m trying to get out of
What are the main symptoms you have?
Have you ever looked into parisites?
In the case of cypro, often people take too much. Some people on this forum mention isuses with histamine is drastically lowered. I don't particularly like it as a drug, even though it gets me out of a bind if I eat some peanuts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals