Agmatine - A 'Peaty' Substance With Potential?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm considering Agmatine vs. PEA (Palmitoly-ethanolamide) both of which can supposedly increase Allopregnenolone.

Both seem undesirable in some ways though.

-Agmatine because it is an Arginine derivative and supposedly increases some isoforms of NO.
-PEA because it is a Cannabinoid and possibly PUFA-derived.
I'd do with agmatine. It inhibits iNOS and increases eNOS, which will have a good effect on the vasculature system. When iNOS is activated in excess, it creates peroxynitrite which uncouples eNOS. eNOS in its uncoupled state creates superoxide instead of NO. So agmatine usage can re-couple eNOS and lower excess NO and free radicals.

SOMO

I'd do with agmatine. It inhibits iNOS and increases eNOS, which will have a good effect on the vasculature system. When iNOS is activated in excess, it creates peroxynitrite which uncouples eNOS. eNOS in its uncoupled state creates superoxide instead of NO. So agmatine usage can re-couple eNOS and lower excess NO and free radicals.

I actually have doubts about it increasing NO.

All of the NOS enzymes are suspect, I would look into Stephanie Seneff's work regarding Sulfate/SO4 and how the enzymes that make NO are also capable of producing SO4 when they are working "properly."

I also have concerns about Agmatine supposedly lowering BP, because I'm prone to low BP.

Have you tried Agmatine? If so how did you dose it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I actually have doubts about it increasing NO.

All of the NOS enzymes are suspect, I would look into Stephanie Seneff's work regarding Sulfate/SO4 and how the enzymes that make NO are also capable of producing SO4 when they are working "properly."

I also have concerns about Agmatine supposedly lowering BP, because I'm prone to low BP.

Have you tried Agmatine? If so how did you dose it?
Well it might increase NO since it stimulates eNOS activity, or if eNOS is still bound to caveolin, sulfate instead (but that requires direct/indirect sunlight).

Neuroprotective Role of Agmatine in Neurological Diseases
"Kim et al. [4] showed the neuroprotective effects of agmatine both in vivo and in vitro through the mechanism of reducing the production of nitric oxide (NO) by competitively inhibiting nNOS and iNOS. Meanwhile, agmatine can also activate eNOS (nitric oxide synthase) in endothelial cells, and thus increase the production of NO, which acts as a vasodilator to increase the blood flow in the ischemic areas [29, 30]"

Here's a great paper I found on eNOS creating NO and/or sulfate. Very interesting. Is Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase a Moonlighting Protein Whose Day Job is Cholesterol Sulfate Synthesis? Implications for Cholesterol Transport, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease

I have not used agmatine before, but I want to in the future. It's not at the top of my list, but it's in there.

wildworld1992

I'm considering Agmatine vs. PEA (Palmitoly-ethanolamide) both of which can supposedly increase Allopregnenolone.

Both seem undesirable in some ways though.

-Agmatine because it is an Arginine derivative and supposedly increases some isoforms of NO.
-PEA because it is a Cannabinoid and possibly PUFA-derived.
I have not but it looks like a very interesting compound that would be beneficial for more than just exercise performance. I want to do an in-depth article about it sometime, but don't know when that will happen.
Did you guys try Agmatine and PEA? What's your experience?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Did you guys try Agmatine and PEA? What's your experience?
It was a while ago when I tried it. It has good adaptogenic and nootropic effects. Can't recall the effects on sexual function.

conrad0602

I have not but it looks like a very interesting compound that would be beneficial for more than just exercise performance. I want to do an in-depth article about it sometime, but don't know when that will happen.
Hans i would love to see this article ! Still planning on writing it at some point?

Edit: found it ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals