New Zealand hospitals in crisis, biggest January/February on record

Drareg

No mention that it’s COVID, I would like to know what PCR test they are using and how many tests are being carried out, if it’s because of covid it totally debunks the cult strategy of zero covid and lockdowns in general, the ruling class globally have a lot to lose here particularly if we see a spike in deaths.

They are also vaccinating people, will deaths spike here? Is it possible that the vaccinations will release a different covid strain?
Worth keeping an eye on.

People are being treated in corridors, increasing numbers of staff are reporting burnout and wait times are becoming longer.

In the past 48 hours, Dunedin Hospital and Whangārei Hospital have reached capacity, asking people to keep ED for emergencies only.

Now, medical practitioners around the country say it is a nationwide problem that, without support, is only going to get worse.

Australasian College for Emergency Medicine president Dr John Bonning said the emergency department was where the stress was most visible, but the whole system was under increasing pressure.

"Patients are stuck. They're in corridors. They're spending six, eight, 12 hours in the emergency department where we're forced to try and provide them longitudinal care," Dr Bonning said.

Some ED shifts were functioning with only two thirds of their normal number of nurses.

"So it's about the sickest and most injured patients not being able to be admitted to the ward and us trying to look after them whilst we wait for those ward beds to become available."

It was easier to outline the hospitals that did not have a major problem than to name the ones that did, he said.

"Virtually everyone I have spoken to has issues with this. We've had the biggest January and February on record."

Aad

100 % vaccines.

UK just said that British people need to be re-vaccinated in september.

Crazy.

Jem Oz

100 % vaccines.

UK just said that British people need to be re-vaccinated in september.

Crazy.
This article is about the months of January and February. New Zealand didn't begin vaccinations until the very end of February (a tiny amount), and only ramped it up in March.

I can find newspaper articles from every year, going back decades, in multiple countries, saying hospitals are at "breaking point" and doctors are "in crisis".

There is nothing new here.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

This article is about the months of January and February. New Zealand didn't begin vaccinations until the very end of February (a tiny amount), and only ramped it up in March.

I can find newspaper articles from every year, going back decades, in multiple countries, saying hospitals are at "breaking point" and doctors are "in crisis".

There is nothing new here.

This is true, flu seasons have been bad all over the world, this question at the start of the covid hysteria was shouted down, it’s not the same they were saying, it is and was the same, a bad flu season.

Hugh Johnson

Hospitals are always saying they are overwhelmed. Unless they show data, I'm going to say there is nothing going on.

Attachments

• covid beds.jpg
    covid beds.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 30

tankasnowgod

No mention that it’s COVID, I would like to know what PCR test they are using and how many tests are being carried out, if it’s because of covid it totally debunks the cult strategy of zero covid and lockdowns in general, the ruling class globally have a lot to lose here particularly if we see a spike in deaths.

They are also vaccinating people, will deaths spike here? Is it possible that the vaccinations will release a different covid strain?
Worth keeping an eye on.

People are being treated in corridors, increasing numbers of staff are reporting burnout and wait times are becoming longer.

In the past 48 hours, Dunedin Hospital and Whangārei Hospital have reached capacity, asking people to keep ED for emergencies only.

Now, medical practitioners around the country say it is a nationwide problem that, without support, is only going to get worse.

Australasian College for Emergency Medicine president Dr John Bonning said the emergency department was where the stress was most visible, but the whole system was under increasing pressure.

"Patients are stuck. They're in corridors. They're spending six, eight, 12 hours in the emergency department where we're forced to try and provide them longitudinal care," Dr Bonning said.

Some ED shifts were functioning with only two thirds of their normal number of nurses.

"So it's about the sickest and most injured patients not being able to be admitted to the ward and us trying to look after them whilst we wait for those ward beds to become available."

It was easier to outline the hospitals that did not have a major problem than to name the ones that did, he said.

"Virtually everyone I have spoken to has issues with this. We've had the biggest January and February on record."

Maybe they are just plagiarizing this Time article from 2018?

“We are pretty much at capacity, and the volume is certainly different from previous flu seasons,”

“I’ve been in practice for 30 years, and it’s been a good 15 or 20 years since I’ve seen a flu-related illness scenario like we’ve had this year.”

Tallia says his hospital is “managing, but just barely,” at keeping up with the increased number of sick patients in the last three weeks. The hospital’s urgent-care centers have also been inundated, and its outpatient clinics have no appointments available.

“We had to treat patients in places where we normally wouldn’t, like in recovery rooms,” says Camins. “The emergency room was very crowded, both with sick patients who needed to be admitted and patients who just needed to be seen and given Tamiflu.”

In California, which has been particularly hard hit by this season’s flu, several hospitals have set up large “surge tents” outside their emergency departments to accommodate and treat flu patients. Even then, the LA Times reported this week, emergency departments had standing-room only, and some patients had to be treated in hallways.

In Fenton, Missouri, SSM Health St. Clare Hospital has opened its emergency overflow wing, as well as all outpatient centers and surgical holding centers, to make more beds available to patients who need them. Nurses are being “pulled from all floors to care for them,” says registered nurse Jennifer Braciszewski, and are being offered an increased hourly rate to work above and beyond their normal schedules. Many nurses have also become sick, however, so the staff is also short-handed.

tankasnowgod

Hospitals are always saying they are overwhelmed. Unless they show data, I'm going to say there is nothing going on.

To be fair, you would expect them to run near (or even over) capacity during the winter "flu season." It's the way they are designed.

It also makes zero sense to normally run at something like 30% capacity. Why would you have all that extra space and equipment, if you never, ever, use it?

Missenger

It also makes zero sense to normally run at something like 30% capacity. Why would you have all that extra space and equipment, if you never, ever, use it?
I dunno, they could just be lying because the scripts haven't changed yet. Gotta use that tax money for something before it disappears.

tankasnowgod

I dunno, they could just be lying because the scripts haven't changed yet. Gotta use that tax money for something before it disappears.

Lying about what, exactly? Some hospitals being near or over capacity? No reason to lie about that, it happens every winter somewhere.

A lot of the coverage that has made people fear is reporting facts without any context.

Missenger

They keep repeating themselves while shutting down hospital wings and firing staff, by all means they'll keep on being at full capacity when they can't afford doing anything beyond that. I don't think you can argue against scripts from propaganda outlets beyond aiming for the source.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Maybe they are just plagiarizing this Time article from 2018?

“We are pretty much at capacity, and the volume is certainly different from previous flu seasons,”

“I’ve been in practice for 30 years, and it’s been a good 15 or 20 years since I’ve seen a flu-related illness scenario like we’ve had this year.”

Tallia says his hospital is “managing, but just barely,” at keeping up with the increased number of sick patients in the last three weeks. The hospital’s urgent-care centers have also been inundated, and its outpatient clinics have no appointments available.

“We had to treat patients in places where we normally wouldn’t, like in recovery rooms,” says Camins. “The emergency room was very crowded, both with sick patients who needed to be admitted and patients who just needed to be seen and given Tamiflu.”

In California, which has been particularly hard hit by this season’s flu, several hospitals have set up large “surge tents” outside their emergency departments to accommodate and treat flu patients. Even then, the LA Timesreported this week, emergency departments had standing-room only, and some patients had to be treated in hallways.

In Fenton, Missouri, SSM Health St. Clare Hospital has opened its emergency overflow wing, as well as all outpatient centers and surgical holding centers, to make more beds available to patients who need them. Nurses are being “pulled from all floors to care for them,” says registered nurse Jennifer Braciszewski, and are being offered an increased hourly rate to work above and beyond their normal schedules. Many nurses have also become sick, however, so the staff is also short-handed.
Oh look, no lockdowns back then when hospitals were overwhelmed, I guess a bank bailout wasn’t needed in 2018.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals