Multiple Sclerosis Thread

Derya

So I was hospitalized because of unusual numbness in my right extremities and limbs and MS is suspected - MRT, electroneurological examination and lumbar punction will follow.

I am interested in what tips or experiences or knowledge one of the most intelligent communities on the internet has to offer.

magnesiumania

I would read Jack Kruses blog on MS. Your light environment may disrupt aquaporin gates. Curefor the numbness, thiamine and copper.

Derya

Thanks guys, very appreciated!
I also use progesterone, but I am uncertain about Pregnenolone as a woman ..

meatbag

So I was hospitalized because of unusual numbness in my right extremities and limbs and MS is suspected - MRT, electroneurological examination and lumbar punction will follow.

I am interested in what tips or experiences or knowledge one of the most intelligent communities on the internet has to offer.
multiple sclerosis | Ray Peat Forum

meatbag

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND OTHER HORMONE-RELATED BRAIN SYNDROMES.

Multiple sclerosis, protein, fats, and progesterone

"Glycine's antispastic activity has been used to alleviate the muscle spasms of multiple sclerosis. It is thought to moderate some of the symptoms of schizophrenia."
-Gelatin, stress, longevity

"There are good reasons for thinking that serotonin contributes to the nerve damage seen in multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease."

"The high incidence of multiple sclerosis in women, and its onset during their reproductive years, is well known. The number of brain lesions is associated with the ratio of estrogen to progesterone. Estrogen activates mast cells to release histamine and serotonin, and activated mast cells can produce brain edema and demyelination. Blood clots have been microscopically associated with brain lesions like those in multiple sclerosis, and the platelets in clots release neurotoxic serotonin."

"The “serotonin reuptake inhibitors” “are presumed” to have the same effect on the brain that they have on blood platelets. They inhibit the ability of platelets to retain and concentrate serotonin, allowing it to stay in the plasma. This uptake-inhibited condition is a model of the platelet behavior seen in multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease."

-Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.

"Multiple sclerosis relapses consistently occur at times of high PTH, and remissions consistently occur at times of low PTH (Soilu-Hänninen, et al., 3008). PTH increases the activity of nitric oxide synthase, and nitric oxide is a factor in the vascular leakiness that is so important in MS."

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008 Feb;79(2):152-7. A longitudinal study of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and intact parathyroid hormone levels indicate the importance of vitamin D and calcium homeostasis regulation in multiple sclerosis. Soilu-Hänninen M, Laaksonen M, Laitinen I, Erälinna JP, Lilius EM, Mononen I.

-Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

Derya

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AND OTHER HORMONE-RELATED BRAIN SYNDROMES.

Multiple sclerosis, protein, fats, and progesterone

"Glycine's antispastic activity has been used to alleviate the muscle spasms of multiple sclerosis. It is thought to moderate some of the symptoms of schizophrenia."
-Gelatin, stress, longevity

"There are good reasons for thinking that serotonin contributes to the nerve damage seen in multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease."

"The high incidence of multiple sclerosis in women, and its onset during their reproductive years, is well known. The number of brain lesions is associated with the ratio of estrogen to progesterone. Estrogen activates mast cells to release histamine and serotonin, and activated mast cells can produce brain edema and demyelination. Blood clots have been microscopically associated with brain lesions like those in multiple sclerosis, and the platelets in clots release neurotoxic serotonin."

"The “serotonin reuptake inhibitors” “are presumed” to have the same effect on the brain that they have on blood platelets. They inhibit the ability of platelets to retain and concentrate serotonin, allowing it to stay in the plasma. This uptake-inhibited condition is a model of the platelet behavior seen in multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease."

-Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.

"Multiple sclerosis relapses consistently occur at times of high PTH, and remissions consistently occur at times of low PTH (Soilu-Hänninen, et al., 3008). PTH increases the activity of nitric oxide synthase, and nitric oxide is a factor in the vascular leakiness that is so important in MS."

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008 Feb;79(2):152-7. A longitudinal study of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and intact parathyroid hormone levels indicate the importance of vitamin D and calcium homeostasis regulation in multiple sclerosis. Soilu-Hänninen M, Laaksonen M, Laitinen I, Erälinna JP, Lilius EM, Mononen I.

-Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

I really appreciate your help. Tysm.

Derya

More specifically too much artificial light.
Are there any references to this? Not that I doubt it, but I want to know the methods to mitigate it efficiently. For example I don’t know if blue light blocking glasses and which amount of sunlight/tanning machine would be enough.

magnesiumania

This is all based on my understanding of light, mitochondria etc. Kruses blog goes into some interesting details about MS. Easy enough to find. Blue blockers help. I would not necessarily aim to reverse the condition but it improve it so any time you avoid blue at night is helpful.

Derya

This is all based on my understanding of light, mitochondria etc. Kruses blog goes into some interesting details about MS. Easy enough to find. Blue blockers help. I would not necessarily aim to reverse the condition but it improve it so any time you avoid blue at night is helpful.
Sorry if I’m bothering you but what’s the cause that you think not trying to reverse it would be more beneficial?