Mercury Chelation To Reverse/prevent Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy?

Ella

Forum Supporter
If you truly understand why Peat recommends certain foods and not chelation therapy, then you would understand that a good diet is all that is required. That is unless you have been a victum of some sort of industrial or environmental poisoning. A good diet is protective.

yerrag

That is unless you have been a victum of some sort of industrial or environmental poisoning.
Ella, I associate chelation therapy with heavy metal toxicity. Mercury and lead toxicity removal seems to me always involves chelation therapy, and I consider them to be either industrial of envirnomental poisoning.

Copper and iron are also heavy metals, where excess is harmful as well, but I don't think chelation therapy is usually employed. Are you referring to these instances when you say Peat recommends certain foods and not chelation therapy?

I agree that foods may be used for chelation therapy, even for mercury and lead. It's just that it isn't as straightforward as gulping some pills for oral chelation. To do chelation therapy that is food-based isn't practical for many people, and the therapy could easily be watered down and rendered ineffective. Having said that, I'd still like to hear from you about how one goes about using food for chelation.

Ella

Forum Supporter
If you do chelation for sick people then you better have good insurance. Many practitioners are steering away from chelation and looking towards more natural means of removing metals.

I have tested on myself from meal to meal on intracellular levels and have been testing methods and instruments since 2005. It just about drove me demented after witnessing the many dubious means of testing. The most dubious were the inhouse kits biological dentists were using. I may have a bias as I have a background in analytical chemistry and biotechnology background in heavy metals and remediation of contaminated land site using micro-organisms and plants. Many practitioners where using highly suspect means of testing and they could be convinced of all sorts of testing for heavy metal analysis that have not been proven to be valid techniques and which lack sensitivity. I have been searching and testing to find how to test intracellularly without the need for biopsy for a very long time. I did my research in using tears which are easy to obtain and non invasive. I just don't believe that I happen to be the rare being that can efficiently absorb minerals to create a shift overnight.

I have been using food for the most sickest of people. Rejects from other practitioners that saw mercury as the cause for all that ails the human race. Convincing them that their amalgams needed to be remove to bring about an improvement in their health. When I see people return to their careers and have the energy to do all that their hearts desires, then I think food is pretty powerful. I have seen people's health issues literally turn around within a week. The amalgams are still in their teeth but they are no longer decrepit - so what gives? I still advocate that removing amalgams is wise but they are to be removed when the individual is stronger and healthier and better able to acquiesce to the process of detoxification. Mercury is everywhere and I see it in tiny babies and children that have no amalgams. I see high levels in young people who have been blessed to grow up without cavities. My eldest child is 31 and has no cavities and the majority of this generation have no cavities or amalgams and yet they have high levels of mercury, lead etc.

Remember, the process of detoxification is extremely stressful on the body's organ systems. I use food to remove nasty metals at a rate that is tolerable and still with food we need to go slow. Certain foods and plants are powerful chelators. The body is wise and will only release when it is safe which is the reason these toxins are stored in the first place in deep tissue sites. I don't believe in forcing the body and always, always respect how the body is always trying to protect the individual. Remember there is no other intelligence that can compare and I prefer to work as its humble servant; learning and tentatively listening. There is a huge shift going on in the realisation that food is powerful, so you better get on board.

Mercury, lead and industrial and environmental pollutants are everywhere. The body is perfectly capable of dealing with them; ridding them from the system with a good diet and supportive lifestyle practices. Many people live in a state of choas - their lives are a mess. Its not any fault of the individual but this ****88 up society we live in which is not conducive to optimal health. Heavy metals have been around from the begining of time and our bodies have involved mechanisms and enzyme systems to deal with them. It saddens me that people are led to believe that our bodies are somehow faulty and require the interference of men and their hubris in dictating what the body needs. Healing is not under the dictates of man but of cells and a higher intelligence that governs our magnificent bodies and if you think man's intellect can compare or compete; you will be forever disappointed.

yerrag

I agree with you that our body will cope with the toxins thrown its way, inasmuch as I know they're not an ideal state. Getting rid of the heavy metals stored in the tissues, mostly the fat tissues, would be nice as long as these chelated metals find their way out of the system, thru the stools or urine. And that requires the person to not be sick, especially when the organs of elimination - such as the liver and kidney - are not up to the task of detoxification. More harm can happen, when the chelated heavy metals end up doing more harm.

I will cite my case for example. I'm dealing now with hypertension, as explained in this current thread: "Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

To sum up my experience, I had my mercury amalgams removed, all 11 of them, by a very capable biologial dentist, using a dam to minimize inhalation of the mercury from the fillings. He was coordinating with my naturopath, to make sure that I undergo IV chelation for my mercury, which tests show to be high. Subsequent blood tests show mercury to be within limits, but two yers later I developed hypertension. After five years, I submitted to a dmps challenge test and found that I was high on lead, which was previously undiagnosed. To make a long story short, I now suspect that my kidney collected the lead that was released from my earlier chelation therapy meant for mercury. The mercury was removed from my system, but lead remained, which I suspect to be in the glomerular capillaries in my kidney. Because my body needed to protect me from the free radical damage from lead toxicity, it had to produce uric acid by consticting the glomerular capillaries, to create hypoxia that is conducive to the production of uric acid.

I haven't figured out why I was able to excrete the mercury during chelation, but wasn't able to excrete the lead. But to me, it shows the danger of chelation therapy, with the scepter of Murphy's Law hanging over the treatment. An attempt to fix a condition led to a cure, in this case the mercury toxicity, but the side effect was lead accumulating on a vital organ of elimination, the kidney. And I was healthy! I still am, but with my body coping with a treatment-induced state of lead toxicity in my kidneys.

I'm doing oral chelation using PectaClear along with some supplements which I believe to aid the liver in detox such as NAC, vitamin E, P5P-form of B6, selenomethionine, and zinc. But progress has been slow, as my blood pressure has since come down, and my uric acid levels as wel. My blood albumin has increased, which meant less albumin being secreted from the kidneys, a sign of improved of kidney health. Yet, I feel it's going too slowly. I feel I need to dislodge the lead from the tiny glomerular capillaries and make the chelated lead move out from the kidneys and back into the bloodstream onto the liver for the lead to be excreted as bile, This way, the lead can be excreted out through the stools, avoiding excretion through urine, which had led to lead building up on my kidney.

That, at least is how I see it. I wonder if you have insight on how to use food to help in this process. I've heard from @Pikpak about the use of garlic, and I've read about the use of niacinamide from @haidut to improve chronic conditions. The trick is to put all this knowledge together and making it work. Do you have any additional insights that could help?

burtlancast

I had my mercury amalgams removed, all 11 of them, by a very capable biologial dentist, using a dam to minimize inhalation of the mercury from the fillings. He was coordinating with my naturopath, to make sure that I undergo IV chelation for my mercury, which tests show to be high. Subsequent blood tests show mercury to be within limits, but two yers later I developed hypertension. After five years, I submitted to a dmps challenge test and found that I was high on lead, which was previously undiagnosed. To make a long story short, I now suspect that my kidney collected the lead that was released from my earlier chelation therapy meant for mercury. The mercury was removed from my system, but lead remained, which I suspect to be in the glomerular capillaries in my kidney.

DMPS chelates lead, especially from kidneys.

Incidently, it also chelates arsenic and tin.
In a DMPS detoxification treatment, lead, arsenic and tin are chelated before mercury, because it has a higher affinity for them.

This is well established in scientific chelating protocols and known by licensed chelating therapists.

You must have consulted a bogus naturopath.
In situations calling for expert safe amalgam removal and mercury chelation, only use approved and licensed IBCMT or IAOMT chelating practicioners.

Last edited:

yerrag

DMPS chelates lead, especially from kidneys.

Incidently, it also chelates arsenic and tin.
In a DMPS detoxification treatment, lead, arsenic and tin are chelated before mercury, because it has a higher affinity for them.

This is well established in scientific chelating protocols and known by licensed chelating therapists.

You must have consulted a bogus naturopath.
In situations calling for expert safe amalgam removal and mercury chelation, only use approved and licensed IBCMT or IAOMT chelating practicioners.
Thanks for your advice burtlancaster, that is good news!

I looked at the list of the dentists of IAOMT, and my the dentist in Cincinnati, Ohio, who removed my mercury fillings, is listed there. He did a very good job.

The naturopathic doctor who worked on my chelation therapy after the removal of mercury amalgam (also in Cincinnati), had he used a provoked challenge test, would have found out that lead lead toxicity still remains. I went to another naturopath in the Philippines, and he did another set of tests, and still couldn't find significant traces of heavy metal toxicity. It was hard to pin down the cause of my hypertension, but finally a naturopath in Calistoga, California, determined thru a provoked challenge test that I have lead toxicity.

This goes to show how useful the provoked challenge test was. The naturopath in California first had me go take a heavy metal test that wasn't provoked. It came out negative. He made me take another one - provoked - and that one came out as me positive for lead toxicity.

I'm now continuing with his oral chelation protocol, using PectaClear, involving the use of pectin and alginates. I've finished 3 months of this, and still have 2-3 months to go. I prefer this route though, because it is more gentle in the sense that it doesn't bind minerals that the body needs, along with the heavy metals. If this isn't enough, then I'll have to go to the less gentle DMPS route.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Thanks for your advice burtlancaster, that is good news!

I looked at the list of the dentists of IAOMT, and my the dentist in Cincinnati, Ohio, who removed my mercury fillings, is listed there. He did a very good job.

The naturopathic doctor who worked on my chelation therapy after the removal of mercury amalgam (also in Cincinnati), had he used a provoked challenge test, would have found out that lead lead toxicity still remains. I went to another naturopath in the Philippines, and he did another set of tests, and still couldn't find significant traces of heavy metal toxicity. It was hard to pin down the cause of my hypertension, but finally a naturopath in Calistoga, California, determined thru a provoked challenge test that I have lead toxicity.

This goes to show how useful the provoked challenge test was. The naturopath in California first had me go take a heavy metal test that wasn't provoked. It came out negative. He made me take another one - provoked - and that one came out as me positive for lead toxicity.

I'm now continuing with his oral chelation protocol, using PectaClear, involving the use of pectin and alginates. I've finished 3 months of this, and still have 2-3 months to go. If this doesn't work. I prefer this route though, because it is more gentle in the sense that it doesn't bind minerals that the body needs, along with the heavy metals. If this isn't enough, then I'll have to go to the less gentle DMPS route.
Would like to see you post what your results are using the PectaClear, good or bad. I used that product off and on just for general detox purposes, but didn't get any tests showing any type of result. Good luck with that protocol.

burtlancast

I'm now continuing with his oral chelation protocol, using PectaClear, involving the use of pectin and alginates. I've finished 3 months of this, and still have 2-3 months to go. I prefer this route though, because it is more gentle in the sense that it doesn't bind minerals that the body needs, along with the heavy metals. If this isn't enough, then I'll have to go to the less gentle DMPS route.

If you do your homework on whether PectaClear really chelates lead and mercury or not, i suspect you'll come up empty handed.

Vit C, chlorella, cilantro, etc... are natural products touted to chelate mercury without any evidence to back it up.

I advise you to find someone who understands french and read this book; it's written by a real person who came down with life-threatening amalgam poisoning and only made it alive by a hair, thanks to a courageous french environmental medic.

It details the rampant fraud in both allopathic and alternative worlds when it comes to mercury detoxification.

And that includes Cutler.
And Klinghardt.

Last edited:

yerrag

That's a tall order for me, to get the book and then to have it translated. Is that book going to be translated anytime soon?

I get the feeling that what the book says isn't going to be pretty. First is that oral chelation isn't going to be effective against mercury and lead, and other heavy metals. Second, that IV chelation with DMPS is the only way. Thirdly, that multiple IV sessions would be needed, something in the region of 20 visits. Fourth, that chelating minerals along with the heavy metals ia a necessary evil of IV chelation, and that mineral supplementation would be needed to restore the chelated minerals.

I'm hoping that the above isn't true and that oral chelation can still be just as effective. I will know in 2 to 3 months, after I'm done with my current oral chelation therapy.

I could not understand why the IV chelation therapy I had undergone got rid of my mercury, which was detected, but did not get rid of my lead, which was not detected. It may be that I needed more IV chelation had my lead toxicity was detected. But even so, that the IV therapy itself caused lead to be released from the body tissues, and to accumulate in my kidneys don't really speak highly of the IV chelation therapy I underwent.

I'm hoping to hear back from @Ella , as she espouses a therapy even more radical - using foods only. It's safe to say that I'm not a big fan of using foods as ella espouses. It may work, but unless ella elaborates on her method, I wouldn't want to experiment on food to detox heavy metals. Life is too short to experiment on oneself an even more "gentle" way of heavy metal detox. The heavy metal toxicity is a time bomb that needs to be defused in much shorter order.

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

That's a tall order for me, to get the book and then to have it translated. Is that book going to be translated anytime soon?

I get the feeling that what the book says isn't going to be pretty. First is that oral chelation isn't going to be effective against mercury and lead, and other heavy metals. Second, that IV chelation with DMPS is the only way. Thirdly, that multiple IV sessions would be needed, something in the region of 20 visits. Fourth, that chelating minerals along with the heavy metals ia a necessary evil of IV chelation, and that mineral supplementation would be needed to restore the chelated minerals.

I'm hoping that the above isn't true and that oral chelation can still be just as effective. I will know in 2 to 3 months, after I'm done with my current oral chelation therapy.

I could not understand why the IV chelation therapy I had undergone got rid of my mercury, which was detected, but did not get rid of my lead, which was not detected. It may be that I needed more IV chelation had my lead toxicity was detected. But even so, that the IV therapy itself caused lead to be released from the body tissues, and to accumulate in my kidneys don't really speak highly of the IV chelation therapy I underwent.

I'm hoping to hear back from @Ella , as she espouses a therapy even more radical - using foods only. It's safe to say that I'm not a big fan of using foods as ella espouses. It may work, but unless ella elaborates on her method, I wouldn't want to experiment on food to detox heavy metals. Life is too short to experiment on oneself an even more "gentle" way of heavy metal detox. The heavy metal toxicity is a time bomb that needs to be defused in much shorter order.
i'd like to to as well, as all the mercury detox forums sound scary and like most people get sick before they get better. I'm already underweight (recently quit smoking MJ) so I can't afford getting sick if I'm detoxing simaltaneously

burtlancast

I'll make it simple for you people: the guys who are telling the truth are: Peter J. Van Der Schaar and all the people he's endorsed, Max Daunderer.
They are doctors who became chelation experts and treated thousands of poisonned people.

The bad guys are
1. The allopathic doctors unable to understand metal poisoning
2. The medical industry working against the DMPS proven diagnostic tool, which if scientifically accepted would bankrupt the dentistry industry by lawsuits from poisoned people. Their undercover agents are alternative practictioners scaring people away from DMPS and advising instead bogus "natural" detoxifiers (chlorella, coriander, pectin, Vit C ...). Example: Klinghardt, Cutler

Fractality

I'll make it simple for you people: the guys who are telling the truth are: Peter J. Van Der Schaar and all the people he's endorsed, Max Daunderer.
They are doctors who became chelation experts and treated thousands of poisonned people.

The bad guys are
2. The medical industry working against the DMPS proven diagnostic tool, which if scientifically accepted would bankrupt the dentistry industry by lawsuits from poisoned people. Their undercover agents are alternative practictioners scaring people away from DMPS and advising instead bogus "natural" detoxifiers (chlorella, coriander, pectin, Vit C ...). Example: Klinghardt, Cutler

Thanks for your info on this thread. I'm 26 and I want to assume the worst regarding my mercury exposure and nip it in the bud. I have had some amalgams (one larger one) since my teen years. The large one was removed without the use of the SMART protocol. I have two little ones remaining on the side of my back teeth. My questions are the following:

1. Is EDTA effective? I can only seem to find EDTA chelation in my area.
2. Would oral or transdermal DMPS be effective enough or is IV DMPS necessary?

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

If you do your homework on whether PectaClear really chelates lead and mercury or not, i suspect you'll come up empty handed.

Vit C, chlorella, cilantro, etc... are natural products touted to chelate mercury without any evidence to back it up.

I advise you to find someone who understands french and read this book; it's written by a real person who came down with life-threatening amalgam poisoning and only made it alive by a hair, thanks to a courageous french environmental medic.

It details the rampant fraud in both allopathic and alternative worlds when it comes to mercury detoxification.

And that includes Cutler.
And Klinghardt.

The bad guys are

Thanks so much @burtlancast I did some research in my area (florida) and found an MD that uses EDTA and DMPS IV "therapy." But he got mixed reviews and I can't afford to take that risk financially right now. I've read good and bad things on the net about oral DMPS, including Cutler.... I can get oral DMPS, do you think that's worth a go? I know it's more complicated then saying yes or no, but given my situation would you think trying a couple rounds at a low dose and going from there? Forgive my ignorance... anyway, again, thank you

Fractality

I am attempting to answer my own questions with research from the excellent resources provided by @burtlancast. EDTA is best for chelating cadmium and/or lead. Oral DMPS does work but not as strongly as IV. I wonder if oral is "good enough?" I am also still wondering about transdermal DMPS. Apparently DMPS is not able to cross the blood brain barrier. Does this mean it will not chelate mercury from the brain? DMPS chelates copper so supplementation or drinking more goat milk should be considered.

burtlancast

Firstly, having less than 5 amalgams isn't life threatening. It really becomes a problem above this number, and once the individual reaches 35 .

We're not equal to mercury poisonning; some naturally excrete it very well; some others very badly.

Once someone gets too many amalgams in his mouth, over the years the detoxification enzymes get overloaded and stop functioning; other heavy metals (copper especially) start accumulating, and lengthen the chelation procedure.

The provocation test is usually made with DMPS by IV; it can be made too by mouth. The results will be compared with the urinary excretion sample taken before the DMPS was taken.

Someone who excretes badly mercury will typically have very low levels of urinary mercury before DMPS, then have these levels multiplied by 150 or higher with the DMPS.

In the rare cases there's doubts with the DMPS diagnostic test, one can add DMSA, because it's more liposoluble and circulates in different compartments.

The most sensible test has been implemented by Van Der Schaar and IBCMT and consists of the combination of DMPS and Zn-DTPA (Di-éthylène Triamine Penta-Acétate).

For most people, 2 times a seven months treatments is sufficient to detoxify all mercury and other heavy metals. DMPS has most affinity for zinc, then copper, tin, arsenic, lead, mercury, iron, cadmium, nickel and chrome. If the person had accumulated too much copper, the first few DMPS chelations will serve to evacuate it so it can then get to the other heavy metals. And so on.

Oral DMPS can be used instead of IV. It will just take more time, because the doses absorbed will be lower (60%).

EDTA, while being a good chelator for calcium and lead, is very dangerous for people with amalgam poisonning because the complex EDTA-Mercury will increase the toxic effects of mercury alone on neurons, as Boyd Haley has shown.

Only use EDTA after all the mercury has been evacuated.

People who can't read french can get Van Der Schaar's english books, although it's less reader-friendly.

And remember, always triple check medical advices concerning mercury detoxification; it has been a cut-throat businees with billions at stake in lawsuits for the dentistry industry.

Last edited:

Fractality

Firstly, having less than 5 amalgams isn't life threatening. It really becomes a problem above this number, and once the individual reaches 35 .

That's somewhat reassuring, but I'm not looking at it from a life or death perspective. I am looking at it from a vitality perspective. Even though I only have two small amalgams left I figure I have had some amalgams for long enough to build mercury in my body. I'll be 35 or older one day so I want to pre-emptively act.

For most people, 2 seven months treatments is sufficient to detoxify all mercury and other heavy metals. DMPS has most affinity for zinc, then copper, tin, arsenic, lead, mercury, iron, cadmium, nickel and chrome. If the person had accumulated too much copper, the first few DMPS chelations will serve to evacuate it so it can then get to the other heavy metals. And so on.

Oral DMPS can be used instead of IV. It will just take more time, because the doses absorbed will be lower (60%).

2-7 months seems like a long time for IV treatment. How many actual IVs in that time frame? Can you give some dosage recommendations for oral? I read in one of those papers that they used 500mg but I think that may have been for a provocation test.

burtlancast

You do one IV seance per week, for 7 months. Then you do a provocation test to see how much your mercury levels have come down, and if necessary do a second 7 months course.

You don't do one IV each day because DMPS empties the mercury in the extra cellular fluids, not the one in the cells. Once the extra cellular mercury has been evacuated, cells will slowly release their excess internal mercury until a new equilibrium is reached.You evacuate it again with DMPS, and so on.

It's only at the end of your detox program, when your extra cellular mercury pool has lowered noticeably that you can safely use DMSA, which will enter cells and the SNC neurons and get the remainder mercury inside these cells.
If you do DMSA when the extra cellular mercury pools are high, you will shift it inside the cells and increase your poisoning.

It's too at this moment that you can safely remove the amalgams; if you do it first, the released excess mercury will possibly wreck your already overburdened detox system.

As far as DMPS dosages, here's what i found:
"Oral doses of 200 to 400 mg in 2-3 divided doses increase the mercury excretion and reduce the body burden in adults"

burtlancast

Most folks discovering they're being poisoned by their amalgams rush to get them out.
Wrong.
When you get them out, even in the best conditions as applied by IBCMT or IAOMT, there's still some mercury vapor which will manage to find it's way into your airwaves. If you're part of those unlucky people who have been gravely affected by their amalgams, it can trigger a host of serious diseases (MS, rheumatoid arthritis, parkinson, etc).

To avoid that, wait until your total mercury pool has been lowered with 7 months chelation treatments to then safely remove them. Any increase in mercury vapor will be dealt with efficiently by your organism by then.

Fractality

Interesting...Cutler and his proponents would say to remove the amalgams BEFORE engaging in chelation therapy. Well...I must be lucky to have a good detox system since I had one amalgam removed under less than ideal conditions and I don't have MS, RA, parkinson's) but then again maybe I will later on if I don't deal with this now? Scary.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom