Memory impairment that's mitigated with high dose copper

TheCodez

I've struggled with waxing and waning memory impairment for almost a decade now (I'm comin up on 50 years old). I've seen many doctors and had tons of labs. Everything looks pretty good from a lab perspective and the doctors have no clue. I have ZERO known health issues (other than life long hypertension) and am on zero medications. The only two things I know for sure is that sugar makes the memory impairment and confusion worse and high dose copper (~15 mg / day) greatly improves it. If I stop taking the copper, then in addition to intolerable memory issues I also develop worsening fatigue, tendonitis and hemorrhoids. Most everything I read makes me uncomfortable taking 15mg of copper per day, but I see no other way to get by. What think ye, knowledgeable Peatarians ?

I've struggled with waxing and waning memory impairment for almost a decade now (I'm comin up on 50 years old). I've seen many doctors and had tons of labs. Everything looks pretty good from a lab perspective and the doctors have no clue. I have ZERO known health issues (other than life long hypertension) and am on zero medications. The only two things I know for sure is that sugar makes the memory impairment and confusion worse and high dose copper (~15 mg / day) greatly improves it. If I stop taking the copper, then in addition to intolerable memory issues I also develop worsening fatigue, tendonitis and hemorrhoids. Most everything I read makes me uncomfortable taking 15mg of copper per day, but I see no other way to get by. What think ye, knowledgeable Peatarians ?
Your issue does sound unique, or maybe it is more the key to others who struggle with memory issues, and you are more in tune to what the issue is. I’m no expert in the biology of the body, but your issue being copper makes me think of grounding/earthing. Why you don’t retain copper, need extra copper or use copper properly is more of the question. Do you eat liver, chocolate or other copper rich foods? Do you take a multi-vitamin which has zinc?

“Because the body mostly absorbs copper in the stomach and then in the small intestine, problems with either organ often affect a person’s ability to absorb copper.

Many times, copper deficiency is the result of stomach surgery that can affect absorption.

Zinc supplementation is also a common cause of copper deficiency. This is because zinc and copper compete for absorption in the stomach, with zinc being the usual winner. As a result, copper isn’t absorbed.”

youngsinatra

Do you need multiple doses throughout the day to maintain that effect? Do you feel an reappearance of symptoms when you stop copper for a day?

arcadia11

Forum Supporter
you might try experimenting with topical application. it's safer and could be as effective. colloidal copper maybe?

OP
T

TheCodez

Your issue does sound unique, or maybe it is more the key to others who struggle with memory issues, and you are more in tune to what the issue is. I’m no expert in the biology of the body, but your issue being copper makes me think of grounding/earthing. Why you don’t retain copper, need extra copper or use copper properly is more of the question. Do you eat liver, chocolate or other copper rich foods? Do you take a multi-vitamin which has zinc?

“Because the body mostly absorbs copper in the stomach and then in the small intestine, problems with either organ often affect a person’s ability to absorb copper.

Many times, copper deficiency is the result of stomach surgery that can affect absorption.

Zinc supplementation is also a common cause of copper deficiency. This is because zinc and copper compete for absorption in the stomach, with zinc being the usual winner. As a result, copper isn’t absorbed.”

Thanks. This is great info. I used to take 50mg of zinc nightly. I did this for years, but I stopped a couple years ago, I was still taking it when the memory problems began, but wouldn't think it would still be causing me ongoing issues at this point, but clearly I don't know what's going on here.

OP
T

TheCodez

Do you need multiple doses throughout the day to maintain that effect? Do you feel an reappearance of symptoms when you stop copper for a day?
I split it into 3 doses across the day. It typically takes around a week of after stopping before I notice anything, but due to the nature of this particularly problem, it takes about a week to realize I was dropping memories a week ago as it's really difficult to notice missing memories until something happens to make it apparent that there's a gap in the record. I find the whole experience to be extremely disturbing.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom