Memory, forgetting words

PATB

Is there a usual cause / culprit / deficiency in regards to forgetting words? This has started to happen to me more and more frequently, although it was a recurring problem throughout my adult life (29 years old currently).

I'll be writing out a sentence, and get stuck on a word that I need to finish my thought. It can take me 30 seconds to a minute to think of the word. Recent example:

"The purpose of their job is to help people [________] the product"

The term that it took me a long time to think of was "access." I'm a native English speaker and I read every day. Is this normal, or some sort of proto-Alzheimer's?

rooz7939

Is there a usual cause / culprit / deficiency in regards to forgetting words? This has started to happen to me more and more frequently, although it was a recurring problem throughout my adult life (29 years old currently).

I'll be writing out a sentence, and get stuck on a word that I need to finish my thought. It can take me 30 seconds to a minute to think of the word. Recent example:

"The purpose of their job is to help people [________] the product"

The term that it took me a long time to think of was "access." I'm a native English speaker and I read every day. Is this normal, or some sort of proto-Alzheimer's?
I had (continue having) the same issue and I'm not 100% certain about the cause but my guess has always been stress and not adequate rest/sleep - especially when it becomes more chronic. I generally find myself not having the issue (or at least not as severe) when I sleep well for even one night, I also find myself to generally react faster to things when that happens, which in turn tells me my brain is functioning better. I would also same fats (butter and milk especially) help quite a bit in my experience - and getting enough calories.

Just for reference, I'm bilingual and I'd say I have close to native proficiency in both languages and sometimes forget words in both - originally I thought maybe being bilingual is the reason (especially when I go on for a while without conversing in one of the languages - do you talk/speak a lot or mostly just read, just curious?) but don't think that has anything to do with it.

P

Peatness

Dr Peat has spoken about memory recall and thiamine. I don't have his quote on thiamine but I found this

Ray Peat on Memory and Metabolism

"Things that increase the metabolic rate improve memory, reaction time, etc., relax bladder, build muscle. Vitamin D, high calcium intake (two liters/day low fat milk), aspirin, angiotensin receptor blockers, thyroid, progesterone and DHEA (5 mg), adequate protein, bowel regularity, are important for supporting oxidative metabolism."

Last edited by a moderator:

L_C

In my case, brain fog was associated with high aluminum. I did a protocol of magnesium malate, malic acid, theanine and drinking fresh pressed organic apple juice for a few months. I should probably get retested but brain fog is for the most part gone.

HeyThere

Don't underestimate the destruction from chronic stresses such as the ones we are living through these past years. I work with the public and you'd be horrified to see how their brains are malfunctioning just to place an order. Misspeaking all the time, looking for words, not to mention how many people have aged physically in the face from all of this, and all of this still going on and and getting worse with no relief in sight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals