Incoherent Speech And Word Loss

pauljacob

I have a brother who lives in small town in the midwest. He's been deteriorating mentally and now when he speaks he mumbles and his words are not intelligible. As I speak with him on the phone he can't finish a sentence because he can't remember some of the words and tries to describes the shape and nature of the thing for me so I can figure out the word. This week he drove his truck out of town and got lost and didn't know where he was, until the cops came and took him to the hospital where he was picked up by another brother and taken home.

We're bringing him to Phoenix where I live. He hasn't been eating well and I suspect that has something to do with his memory and speech problems. He's not poor, he can eat very well but he says he can't remember what to eat. Anyone here can shed a light on what he's suffering from? Any nutrients, vitamins, etc., suggestions I can give him to improve or help restore his speech coherence and memory?

J

james2388

This sounds like early onset Alzheimer's or drug use/alcoholism. Age would be relevant to this. Best to get down to it, and accompany him to doctor appointments and have him evaluated by a psychologist/psychiatrist as a means of assessing his speech capabilities, then onto a neurologist to get an MRI. This sounds serious.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

This sounds like early onset Alzheimer's or drug use/alcoholism. Age would be relevant to this. Best to get down to it, and accompany him to doctor appointments and have him evaluated by a psychologist/psychiatrist as a means of assessing his speech capabilities, then onto a neurologist to get an MRI. This sounds serious.
Thank you James2388. He doesn't use drugs and doesn't drink. Sometimes he speaks fluently for several sentences and then he stumbles on a word. It may or may not be AD, but I'd like to try nutrients and vitamins before taking him to doctors and hospitals.

J

james2388

Thank you James2388. He doesn't use drugs and doesn't drink. Sometimes he speaks fluently for several sentences and then he stumbles on a word. It may or may not be AD, but I'd like to try nutrients and vitamins before taking him to doctors and hospitals.

He could of had head trauma, and forget about. I still don't know his age or if he has ever had any neurological impairments, like autism or aspergers. But this doesn't sound like one of those cases, he could of had a stroke. Now is not the time for conservative remedies, as a I said, this sounds serious and he should see a doctor if he hasn't seen one already.

The pet project comes after the doctors can't find anything.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

He could of had head trauma, and forget about. I still don't know his age or if he has ever had any neurological impairments, like autism or aspergers. But this doesn't sound like one of those cases, he could of had a stroke. Now is not the time for conservative remedies, as a I said, this sounds serious and he should see a doctor if he hasn't seen one already.

The pet project comes after the doctors can't find anything.
@james2388, he's 74 years old.

boris

Getting doctors involved will be the beginning of the end. I would avoid them at all costs (except for getting labtests and prescriptions that you suggest yourself). All they can do is put a label on it and empty your wallet in the process. If they suspect alzheimers/dementia they will likely put him on cholinergic drugs and SSRIs and only make things worse.

I recommend you read and hear Peats articles and interviews on alzheimers. Sometimes it‘s as simple as a cold brain and some thyroid can normalize things. Creating a peaty dietary regimen will be helpful either way.

Also look up haiduts posts about alzheimers treatments.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Getting doctors involved will be the beginning of the end. I would avoid them at all costs (except for getting labtests and prescriptions that you suggest yourself). All they can do is put a label on it and empty your wallet in the process. If they suspect alzheimers/dementia they will likely put him on cholinergic drugs and SSRIs and only make things worse.

I recommend you read and hear Peats articles and interviews on alzheimers. Sometimes it‘s as simple as a cold brain and some thyroid can normalize things. Creating a peaty dietary regimen will be helpful either way.

Also look up haiduts posts about alzheimers treatments.
Thank you boris, that's exactly my thoughts on doctors, and thank you for the links, much appreciated.

mrchibbs

I don't remember where, but I remember Ray speaking of a few stories like this. Of elderly friends who had trouble finding their words, or other cognitive issues.
B-vitamins can probably make a therapeutic difference, but I would definitely try pregnenolone on your brother. Buy him a big bottle, and give him 100mg+ every day.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

I don't remember where, but I remember Ray speaking of a few stories like this. Of elderly friends who had trouble finding their words, or other cognitive issues.
B-vitamins can probably make a therapeutic difference, but I would definitely try pregnenolone on your brother. Buy him a big bottle, and give him 100mg+ every day.
Thank you mrchibbs. Can Pregnenolone be taken at the same time as Progest-e, or should they be taken separately at different hours or different days?

mrchibbs

Thank you mrchibbs. Can Pregnenolone be taken at the same time as Progest-e, or should they be taken separately at different hours or different days?

They can be taken at the same time, no problem. They would probably have a synergistic effect with one another. I think as I recall Ray said he was visiting an 84 y.old. friend in Mexico and when he got there, the guy was totally lost and didn't even recognize him, and so he left some pregnenolone with the man's daughter, and when he came back a while later the man was completely back to normal.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

They can be taken at the same time, no problem. I think as I recall Ray said he was visiting an 84 y.old. friend in Mexico and when he got there, the guy was totally lost and didn't even recognize him, and so he left some pregnenolone with the man's daughter, and when he came back a while later the man was completely back to normal.
Thank you mrchibbs -- music to my ears!

mrchibbs

Thank you mrchibbs -- music to my ears!

Please keep this thread up to date, this is a very valuable experience. Hope your brother gets well!

gaze

nearly every single "peaty" thing would help. You could start with aspirin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals