Magnesium, Iodine, Butekyo All Lower Temperature

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Is this indicative that I'm normally running on stress hormoans?

My skin doesnt get cold or clammy, just feels cool to the touch and I notice I am more relaxed/breathing feels easier and freer after magnesium. Drop in temperature isnt drastic, maybe 0.5-1 degree

OP
snacks

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
They all lower cortisol.

Yeh but my cortisol is rather low-- my t3 is too (but this is only circulating) so I'm not sure what I'm looking for in my bloodwork to account for this. assuming i'm converting correctly my average armpit temp is about 99 and my average oral temp is closer to 100 and rectal 100.5

I also considered that poor circulation may be leading me to believe my body is cooler than it is but even tho this is of course a rather ad hoc measurement the temperature I got from lightly pinching two fingers around the thermometer was 92, and this shoots up to around 96 if I'm working out (not that this matters)

The one thing that I haven't ruled out is that I may be sick or have high circulating histamine or something like that so I tried an antihistamine this morning and am looking to see if anything changes. Only other thing I can think of is excitotoxicity or something like it from glutamate or another receptor but I don't know a whole lot about this in particular and am not sure how I'd identify it

Last edited:

Elize

Calcium warms me up especially my legs. Magnesium make me jittery and cold

Buteyko does lower metabolic rate.
Buteyko Breathing, when done properly daily, does not lower metabolic rate. In fact, it improves Glycogen storage and thyroid hormone. utilisation by the cells. Blood tests for thyroid are Useless. Body temps and Hair Mineral analysis are much more accurate. When people can hold their breath comfortably for 65 seconds first thing in the morning on the EXHALE, not inhale ( pointless test) and they can recreate this in 1-minute's rest they have optimal CO2 levels in the blood. At that point thyroid hormones, insulin, glycogen storage/ muscle recovery electrolyte balance + 200 functions in the body are more in optimal terrain. It is not just the Buteyko Breathing exercise it is HOW YOU BREATHE 24/7. In Wellness!

TheSir

Buteyko Breathing, when done properly daily, does not lower metabolic rate. In fact, it improves Glycogen storage and thyroid hormone. utilisation by the cells. Blood tests for thyroid are Useless. Body temps and Hair Mineral analysis are much more accurate. When people can hold their breath comfortably for 65 seconds first thing in the morning on the EXHALE, not inhale ( pointless test) and they can recreate this in 1-minute's rest they have optimal CO2 levels in the blood. At that point thyroid hormones, insulin, glycogen storage/ muscle recovery electrolyte balance + 200 functions in the body are more in optimal terrain. It is not just the Buteyko Breathing exercise it is HOW YOU BREATHE 24/7. In Wellness!
Have you been at 60s? How does it feel?

Have you been at 60s? How does it feel?
I am in the 60's :) and have been most of my life only now I don't have cold hands and feet, wear fewer clothes in winter, sleep better, train better digest better feel better with more CO2 in my blood and nose breathing 24/7. To artificially raise your pulse and temps and to think this is healthy is a reductionist view. you need to build your minerals up yes calcium and selenium and you need a good balance of sodium/potassium to have a flexible oxidative metabolism, that is it can speed up when needed and it can slow down to prevent burnout, not the one that is overstimulated periodically like during the day like flogging a tired horse.

TheSir

I am in the 60's :) and have been most of my life only now I don't have cold hands and feet, wear fewer clothes in winter, sleep better, train better digest better feel better with more CO2 in my blood and nose breathing 24/7. To artificially raise your pulse and temps and to think this is healthy is a reductionist view. you need to build your minerals up yes calcium and selenium and you need a good balance of sodium/potassium to have a flexible oxidative metabolism, that is it can speed up when needed and it can slow down to prevent burnout, not the one that is overstimulated periodically like during the day like flogging a tired horse.
Thanks for the response. How much do you sleep at night? I recall reading the claim that someone at 60cp would only need to sleep 4-6 hours. The resolving of colds hands and feet was one of the first and most obvious improvements for me too, thought I'm only at 25cp.

Do you think it's better to keep the lungs relatively full or empty, and breathe shallowly from that point on?

I usually sleep 7 -8 hours & it is quality sleep. The purpose of Buteyko is to increase CO2 in the blood at that point it is easier to breathe via the diaphragm. This is achieved by Daily Breathing sets not bag breathing ever!

postman

According to Ray Peat iodine doses over 500mcg per day are dangerous and will cause hypothyroidism. He thinks 150mcg is a safe dose.

Have you done cortisol bloodwork or how do you know you have rather low levels of cortisol?

magnesiumania

According to Ray Peat iodine doses over 500mcg per day are dangerous and will cause hypothyroidism. He thinks 150mcg is a safe dose.

Have you done cortisol bloodwork or how do you know you have rather low levels of cortisol?
How does people tolerate many mg/daily without being hypothyroid? Has always confused me.

Elize

I don't tolerate iodine and can't even have iodine rich foods without a reaction. I'm. Hashimoto. High thyroid doses are also a problem as the iodine triggers histamine liberating reactions

magnesiumania

I don't tolerate iodine and can't even have iodine rich foods without a reaction. I'm. Hashimoto. High thyroid doses are also a problem as the iodine triggers histamine liberating reactions
Get enough whole food vitamin C and copper. I do fine with nascent iodine. Just feel clearer.

magnesiumania

Lugols is so much iodine. Tends to create a relative deficiency in other minerals the thyroid require. Like manganese, selenium, molybdenum, zinc and even magnesiun as proper cal/mg ratio is required for good thyroid function.

magnesiumania

Its just atomic iodine which supposedly is easily available and gentle on the gut. I just use it because it comes in reasonable doses, 2 drops = 1 mg.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals