Chlorine And It's Role In Excessive Sweating With Cold Extremities, Iodine, Calcium, And Magnesium D

paper_clips43

CoolTweetPete said:
post 112497
pboy said:
post 95799 no doubt chlorine is not that good...but what the real problem in regards to the post sweating and stuff is that you are taking long hot showers. Your body is absorbing a bunch of the water effectively making you hypotonic inside, triggers estrogen and cortisol and dilates all your pores, especially corwn or head and pits and stuff and you get that cold leaky sweat irritating feeling. It happens any time you are over fluid and the water is out of control in the body. I used to have that happen, the thing is I knew what it was because id become very experienced with measuring and tracking and knowing signs of bodily tonicity balance. I switched to taking faster, cool showers, and it doesn't happen...cuz your pores don't open like when the water is hot and you don't absorb as much water...the only place that might absorb a tiny amount is bottom of feet, so its still better to make sure your drain is clear so the water doesn't build up and soak into your feet, and better yet just to take faster showers...but by far the most important thing is to use neutral to cool water, just a bit on the cooler side is best.

You can come at it from another angle too which is just eat something dense before a shower, and/or right after the shower if you notice like you are sweating in that fashion, take like a quarter tsp sugar straight up

Thanks for this, @pboy. Would you expect this influx of water to occur when using a hot tub? I use one at my gym fairly regularly, but I use the sauna immediately after and have noticed I sweat much more profusely than normal.

Could this be an effective solution for taking on the extra water?

Or could adding lots of salt/and or baking soda to a bath create the right environment to avoid a hypotonic state?

Last edited by a moderator:

lindsay

youngandold said:
post 112489 Iodine deficiency can cause T3 toxicosis.
High T3 with relatively low T4.

It happened to me.
It causes a nasty mixture of hyper and hypo symptoms.

I actually ordered Nascent Iodine from Electrical Body a couple of months ago and it helps a lot. I was concerned about using iodine, because I know it's not something RP promotes, but it has allowed me to reduce my Thyroid usage, which is great considering I cannot get the brands I have used in the past any longer. Plus, I've slimmed down a bit, which is just a bonus. And my seafood cravings have been reduced a bit. I figure, since I live in an area with higher pollution, iodine can't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

sm1693

Or could adding lots of salt/and or baking soda to a bath create the right environment to avoid a hypotonic state?
Very interesting that you mentioned this...
I have been searching for the mechanism by which I feel so refreshed after showering with baking soda. It can't be explained simply by an increase in blood CO2 because I'm in excellent health and I get hypercapnic with additional bicarbonate. Good stuff.

sm1693

I actually ordered Nascent Iodine from Electrical Body a couple of months ago and it helps a lot. I was concerned about using iodine, because I know it's not something RP promotes, but it has allowed me to reduce my Thyroid usage, which is great considering I cannot get the brands I have used in the past any longer. Plus, I've slimmed down a bit, which is just a bonus. And my seafood cravings have been reduced a bit. I figure, since I live in an area with higher pollution, iodine can't hurt.
I would love to hear more about your nascent experiences if you get a chance.

SQu

"I have been searching for the mechanism by which I feel so refreshed after showering with baking soda. It can't be explained simply by an increase in blood CO2 because I'm in excellent health and I get hypercapnic with additional bicarbonate. Good stuff."

Sm1693, how do you shower with baking soda?

Dobster

Hi SQu, it's really refreshing to shower with Baking Soda. Here's what I do, I get a small spray bottle (kinda like at the hair salon ones) Add about 4-5 tablespoons of BS, add hot water. Give it a good shake, let it settle / cool then shake some more. SO before I go into the shower, say 15mins or so, I spray it on my skin and let it semi dry. Then into the shower. Whilst soaping get your finger nails into it or wash cloth, and watch how the pores open up and ease of dirt come off.
Very effective for fungal removal - Tinea. Good luck.

Dobster

I too sweat excessively, Yes they give it a fancy schmancy name - Hyperhydrosis - But what's causes it. I've read on some other sites that mentioned Iodine is a good try.
I also noticed that since I add more salt to my diet, I don't sweat as much. This is sea salt though. I need to get my hands on some liquid Iodine and see how it works.

Cheeers
Dobster.

LUH 3417

Excessive sweating is caused by hyperthyroidism.
I've read some paradoxal cases of mild to moderate iodine deficiency in older adults causing hyperthyroidism
("Paradoxically, another major consequence of mild-to-moderate iodine deficiency in older adults is hyperthyroidism (excessive thyroid function), especially in older women" http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2 ... cy/page-01)
but i don't know what to think of that...

Is that what your sentence is referring to ?

And, a certain amount of iodine contained in the sweat is lost each time one exercises.
THRis does not make sense for me as I have excessive sweating my entire life while also having lots of hypO symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals