Lipoic Acid Inhibits NO Synthesis As Powerfully As Methylarginine

meatbag

The inhibitory action of α-lipoic acid on hepatocyte NO synthesis was as potent as that of NG-monomethyl-l-arginine without obvious cytotoxicity. Deletion by diethylmaleate or inhibition by buthionine sulfoximine of intracellular glutathione caused a significant decrease in hepatocyte NO synthesis, implying that increased intracellular reduced glutathione levels could not be the reason for α-lipoic acid inhibited NO synthesis. α-Lipoic acid inhibition of NO synthesis seems to be from α-lipoic acid improved carbohydrate metabolism in hepatocytes.
-
Inhibition of Nitric Oxide Synthesis in Primary Cultured Mouse Hepatocytes by a-Lipoic Acid
-
a-Lipoic acid is derived from caprylic acid, which is found naturally in milk and coconut oil too;Lipoic acid - Wikipedia

milkboi

Interesting. I used to taking it while on Keto. It has an insulin-mimicking effect if I‘m not mistaken and it often sent me into dizzy spells because of low blood sugar. Must have had not enough Bulletproof coffee. :woot:

ddjd

The inhibitory action of α-lipoic acid on hepatocyte NO synthesis was as potent as that of NG-monomethyl-l-arginine without obvious cytotoxicity. Deletion by diethylmaleate or inhibition by buthionine sulfoximine of intracellular glutathione caused a significant decrease in hepatocyte NO synthesis, implying that increased intracellular reduced glutathione levels could not be the reason for α-lipoic acid inhibited NO synthesis. α-Lipoic acid inhibition of NO synthesis seems to be from α-lipoic acid improved carbohydrate metabolism in hepatocytes.
-
Inhibition of Nitric Oxide Synthesis in Primary Cultured Mouse Hepatocytes by a-Lipoic Acid
-
a-Lipoic acid is derived from caprylic acid, which is found naturally in milk and coconut oil too;Lipoic acid - Wikipedia
thanks for this.

any ideas whether R-Lipoic form is better than regular ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals