KMUD: 3-16-2018 Progesterone Vs Estrogen, Listener Questions

meatbag

"Interestingly Donald Stein was studying psychology there right around the same time I was there."
hmmm I wonder were Stein got his progesterone ideas.... according to Emory;
""The notion that progesterone might blunt the effects of brain injury originated with Donald Stein, a neuroscientist and a professor of emergency medicine at Emory."
-https://brainresearchlab.weebly.com/
:rolleyes:

At this point it's hard to tell whether they're seriously asking how to cook mushrooms or if it's an inside joke

Dotdash

First time I've ever heard Dr Peat speak of where he thought Adele Davis missed the mark. When reading her books they sound just like Peat's recommendations but explained in easy to understand terms. PUFA is about the only area they disagree on.

jmojo

At this point it's hard to tell whether they're seriously asking how to cook mushrooms or if it's an inside joke

I make sure to take off 3 days of work just so that I can properly prepare my mushrooms for consumption. Boiling them for 2.5 days while keeping a close eye on the swirl of the water making sure that it doesn't go in a counter clockwise direction is key. If the flow remains in counter clockwise for too long, it's time to throw this batch out and start the process over again. You may need to burn through some more vacation days. Putting an inflatable mattress in the kitchen is important if you get tired and need to temporarily sleep but don't nod off too long, we need to get those mushrooms perfected. After 2.5 days of a medium boil, it's time to saute them on very low heat for 6 hours. This time, make sure to stir in a counter-clockwise motion during the sauteing process. This needs to be a consistent and frequent stirring as we don't want to get any charring or browning. After this stage has completed, it's time to reap the rewards of your hard work. "Mmmmmm this unflavored mush really improves my health"

Birdie

First time I've ever heard Dr Peat speak of where he thought Adele Davis missed the mark. When reading her books they sound just like Peat's recommendations but explained in easy to understand terms. PUFA is about the only area they disagree on.
Also, Adele Davis is pretty anti white sugar I think. And big on wheat germ and whole wheat bread. She advised a lot of vitamin supplements too. Haven’t read her in years, but that’s some I remember. So, that along with the seed oils wouldn’t fit with what we’re learning. But, yes, I have heard Peat say good things about other areas of her work. The milk, the liver, the protein...come to mind.

I can’t bring up this interview. It keeps repeating the introduction. And that’s the part I want to skip!

Herbie

no he didn't. At least for heavy metals He emailed me that there is value in hair tests with younger hair that hasn't been exposed environmentally to heavy metals.

I can see how the younger hairs would be more accurate.

I perceived it as hair tests are not accurate or practical because if the water from the shower is enough to effect the hair test, the water in the home would need to be filtered and the filters need to be changed regularly and expensive. Would not be able to use any shampoo or hair products and swimming in ocean could effect the reading and if living in city could effect it too due to air quality perhaps even washing bed linen in unfiltered water could effect the hair, even wearing a hat could leach something in the hair.

A. squamosa

lololololol love this, especially: "Putting an inflatable mattress in the kitchen is important if you get tired and need to temporarily sleep but don't nod off too long, we need to get those mushrooms perfected."

I make sure to take off 3 days of work just so that I can properly prepare my mushrooms for consumption. Boiling them for 2.5 days while keeping a close eye on the swirl of the water making sure that it doesn't go in a counter clockwise direction is key. If the flow remains in counter clockwise for too long, it's time to throw this batch out and start the process over again. You may need to burn through some more vacation days. Putting an inflatable mattress in the kitchen is important if you get tired and need to temporarily sleep but don't nod off too long, we need to get those mushrooms perfected. After 2.5 days of a medium boil, it's time to saute them on very low heat for 6 hours. This time, make sure to stir in a counter-clockwise motion during the sauteing process. This needs to be a consistent and frequent stirring as we don't want to get any charring or browning. After this stage has completed, it's time to reap the rewards of your hard work. "Mmmmmm this unflavored mush really improves my health"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals