In Search Of Quality Magnesium Supplements

Logan-

It should be affordable, its excipients should be safe, tested for heavy metals etc. Let's talk about good quality magnesium supplements. Let's share.

Here's toxinless.com magnesium pages:
Magnesium glycinate supplements with the fewest additives - Toxinless
Magnesium supplements with the fewest additives - Toxinless

Labdoor's ranking:
Top 10 Magnesium Supplements
A discussion: Labdoor has just released their Magnesium supplement rankings : Supplements

I like the powder form because it's more affordable and generally free of excipients.

Some products that look good to me (not sure about their heavy metal content):

**https://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-magnesium-bisglycinate-powder NOW Foods Magnesium Bisglycinate Powder
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Magnesium-Bisglycinate-Powder-8-Ounce/dp/B00NIJ03C0
Magnesium Bisglycinate Powder

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Magnesium-Taurate-Servings-Preservatives/dp/B06ZY5W92V?tag=d594b-20 Vital Biologics Brand, Pure Magnesium Taurate (POWDER)- 200 Servings - Completely Free of Stearates, Fillers, Flavorings, Preservatives Or Other Additives.

**PureBulk Supplements Pure magnesium glycinate powder.

** Vitacost's magnesium threonate capsules, the excipients look fine: https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-magtein-magnesium-l-threonate

**These two look good, but they are not economical:
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Magnesium-Glycinate-Physiological/dp/B0017HYB2I Pure Encapsulations Magnesium (glycinate) -- 360 Capsules
https://www.amazon.com/Metagenics-Mag-Glycinate-240-Count/dp/B004GLGXVO Metagenics Mag Glycinate

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

Logan-

To the moderator: could you edit the above post, correcting the wrong spelling of magnesium in the pure magnesium glycinate powder near PureBulk Supplements?

L_C

ReMag from rnareset.com by Carolyn Dean (the Mg Queen).

Frankdee20

Pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate

Awesome product ! 90 pills supplying 120 mg of elemental magnesium costs about 19 dollars. The rest is Glycine, and it’s not just magnesium oxide with Glycine.

marcar72

I like KAL magnesium glycinate and KAL magnesium taurate +. They don't "buffer" these two types with magnesium oxide or any other form of magnesium, and I feel their excipients are safe and minimal. :2cents:

yerrag

ReMag from rnareset.com by Carolyn Dean (the Mg Queen).
What is your dosage from it and how long have you taken it? What improvements have you seen?

yerrag

Although Peat cautions against the lead content in ascorbic acid, I would try to get something that has a COA with low lead.

I mix magnesium carbonate with ascorbic acid to get magnesium ascorbate. It has been very effective in chelating lead out of my kidneys, as indicated by lowering blood pressure numbers as well as increased serum albumin. It doesn't cost that much either.

ddjd

Awesome product ! 90 pills supplying 120 mg of elemental magnesium costs about 19 dollars. The rest is Glycine, and it’s not just magnesium oxide with Glycine.
Totally worth paying the extra for imo

yerrag

Although Peat cautions against the lead content in ascorbic acid, I would try to get something that has a COA with low lead.

I mix magnesium carbonate with ascorbic acid to get magnesium ascorbate. It has been very effective in chelating lead out of my kidneys, as indicated by lowering blood pressure numbers as well as increased serum albumin. It doesn't cost that much either.
But this works only if you have a need for a sizeable amount of ascorbic acid, as determined by a c-flush test.

L_C

What is your dosage from it and how long have you taken it? What improvements have you seen?

I have been taken Remag for about three years. I take anywhere between 400-600mg. At the beginning I had detox symptoms like adrenal fatigue. I like this form of magnesium because it's not laxative. Once it becomes laxative, then you know your cells are saturated with Mg and you need to lower the dose. It did help with wrinkles, weight loss (but I didn't need it), teeth, and overall feeling well. I also used to have muscle spasm/twitches which went away with Mg.

yerrag

I have been taken Remag for about three years. I take anywhere between 400-600mg. At the beginning I had detox symptoms like adrenal fatigue. I like this form of magnesium because it's not laxative. Once it becomes laxative, then you know your cells are saturated with Mg and you need to lower the dose. It did help with wrinkles, weight loss (but I didn't need it), teeth, and overall feeling well. I also used to have muscle spasm/twitches which went away with Mg.
That's a good first-hand account of using it. I had used magnesium chloride for 5 months, although it's not quite the same as ReMag because ReMag is pico sized. But at the end I had to give up on it because it was causing me to urinate a lot and I lost sleep on it, and my immunit decreased. My allergies came back and I got persistent cough. I later realized mag chloride intake was a strong acidic load, especially at the 1200 mg magnesium daily intake. It seems ReMag didn't have these effects on you.

L_C

That's a good first-hand account of using it. I had used magnesium chloride for 5 months, although it's not quite the same as ReMag because ReMag is pico sized. But at the end I had to give up on it because it was causing me to urinate a lot and I lost sleep on it, and my immunit decreased. My allergies came back and I got persistent cough. I later realized mag chloride intake was a strong acidic load, especially at the 1200 mg magnesium daily intake. It seems ReMag didn't have these effects on you.

Hm, no not really. It doesn't make me pee more. I think if you take too much Mg then it will get excreted through kidneys. Perhaps, that's the reason you had too pee lot. Lower the dose to no more than 600mg and see what happens. Taking Remag at 1200mg seems to me a lot.

yerrag

Hm, no not really. It doesn't make me pee more. I think if you take too much Mg then it will get excreted through kidneys. Perhaps, that's the reason you had too pee lot. Lower the dose to no more than 600mg and see what happens. Taking Remag at 1200mg seems to me a lot.
It depends on what you're trying to do that determines if it's excessive or not. If you're not on a therapeutic dose, 600 mg is fine. Especially if one is coming from a state of magnesium deficiency, therapeutic doses are needed.

Since you didn't experience any side effects with ReMag, it would be worth trying it.

Add: Excessive magnesium is known to be expressed thru loose stools, not through peeing. The excessive peeing in my case is due to the need to remove acidity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom