1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

HDL Composition And Its Connections To Different Disease States

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by Dan Wich, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Have to read the full study. The abstract is not fifth grade level writing lol.

3. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

So they are now dividing HDL (aka: the good guy) into good "good cholesterol" and bad "good cholesterol"?

Peat has said that both HDL and LDL are protective. LDL is mostly transporting stuff to places where it is needed. HDL probably has more specific anti-toxic effects, it raises protectively as a reaction to poisoning.

Cholesterol And Saturated Fats - East West Healing

The Heart 2, KMUD, 2013

4. Prota

Prota Member

Giraffe, do you have some RP citations about HDL, LDL (numeric data, ref. ranges, ratios etc.)?

5. Giraffe

Giraffe Member

The numbers are not cut in stone. The optimal level varies with age and the stress (inflammation, injury, ...) the person is subjected to. Maybe Mittir's post here answers some of your questions. Also check Peat's interview.

6. OP
    Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

Giraffe beat me to it, but here's some of the notes I've been taking:
    (source)

I get the general idea he'd prefer to err on the side of higher levels in absence of other clues:
    (source)
    (source)

On raising it:
    (source)

For myself, I'm thinking a ~160-200mg/dL total cholesterol level will be a good sign that other systems are working well, and I'll just let the HDL fall where it may (it's on the "low" side for me, but Peat's ideas make me think it's pointless to try and raise it by outside measures). I'm thinking the lower end of that total cholesterol range might be a good sign while I'm younger, and the higher end as I age (as it rises protectively against the effects of aging).

7. Prota

Prota Member

Thank you, that's very kind of you!