Good Or Bad? Chitin (Crustacean Shells & Crickets)

Missenger

I looked up cricket powder and found studies involving chinese comparing the nutritional value to beef (hint). Funny how the chinese along with globalists are the ones promoting westerners to eat bugs, just saying, even if crustaceans are just underwater bugs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I looked up cricket powder and found studies involving chinese comparing the nutritional value to beef (hint). Funny how the chinese along with globalists are the ones promoting westerners to eat bugs, just saying, even if crustaceans are just underwater bugs.
Like I said John the Baptist lived on locust and honey, so shellfish shells and crickets seem doeable for me, but some of the other bugs and things Asians eat no thanks!

Last edited:

Missenger

I can imagine grasshoppers and honey being doable, but forcing it on people with factory farms is just an issue of dehumanization and control moreso than anything else.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I can imagine grasshoppers and honey being doable, but forcing it on people with factory farms is just an issue of dehumanization and control moreso than anything else.
Forcing it? I would think with all of the pesticides sprayed on everything and grasshoppers eating it that farmed would be the only way to go.

Missenger

Forcing it? I would think with all of the pesticides sprayed on everything and grasshoppers eating it that farmed would be the only way to go.
Yeah, but they're not going to make gigantic bug nets or anything just to catch "wild caught grasshoppers" anyways, maybe that's why they're trying to make gmo bugs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I hardly think using something that is natural and grown for health purposes is dehumanizing. Catching it yourself might be.

I remember someone pronouncing this "SHITIN" in bio class :p:

It's pronounced "KAI-TEN"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yeah, but they're not going to make gigantic bug nets or anything just to catch "wild caught grasshoppers" anyways, maybe that's why they're trying to make gmo bugs.
Eating cricket powder and boiling crustacean shells is not being presented as a desperate idea for a thanksgiving meal, but as another way to get hard to find nowadays nutrition, like eating liver. I don't care for liver as much as I probably wont like crickets, but we do what we gotta do for good health and anti-aging. It beats plastic surgery and young blood transfusions :)

Missenger

I hardly think using something that is natural and grown for health purposes is dehumanizing. Catching it yourself might be.
I dunno, people just think of the term bugmen and Chinese when they hear about them trying to force it, it just comes off as dehumanizing to some people. I wouldn't trust most typical farms for this sort of thing anyways. Someone else I saw on another site was going on about underwater bugs and people eating them being hypocrites, how he wasn't going to eat 'ze bugs'.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I dunno, people just think of the term bugmen and Chinese when they hear about them trying to force it, it just comes off as dehumanizing to some people. I wouldn't trust most typical farms for this sort of thing anyways. Someone else I saw on another site was going on about underwater bugs and people eating them being hypocrites, how he wasn't going to eat 'ze bugs'.
You have me lost. I have no idea what you are talking about.

yerrag

Those baby softshell crabs are great :yum: . I ordered those by accident once on vacation in Italy, never came across them again unfortunately.

My cat loves to eat the prawn shells and legs that I discard ?‍♂️
I used to do that, but since I learn many things from my cats, I let them share some of that good stuff with me now.

I don't eat a lot of shrimp, only because I only get wild sea shrimps, which are not only more sweet and tasty, but has none of the farm-raised antibiotics. It usually runs out as I'm not the only one who likes them. But during the pandemic, they're easier to find because the regular buyers are scared of going to public markets.

yerrag

Like I said John the Baptist lived on locust and honey, so shellfish shells and crickets seem doeable for me, but some of the other bugs and things Asians eat no thanks!
If the desert had oases that served beer, he would have loved the locusts more, especially the deep-fried kind.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just look up the Great Reset if you're lost, I don't blame you.
Ohhh, you are upset about later?
"One of many substances produced by plants in response to injury is chitinase, an enzyme that breaks down chitin, a polysaccharide that is a structural component of fungi and insects."
-Ray Peat

I have read many good things about the benefits of consuming crustacean shells. Besides being made of calcium carbonate it also contains chitin, which has many proven health benefits from kidney health to reducing inflammation in the body to even losing weight.

I have read that chitin from dust mites can cause lung problems and I would go so far as to say that possibly breathing in the steam from cooking the shells may be problematic, but I wouldn't think anymore than the toxic steam coming off the cooked mushrooms that Ray Peat warns of, and contains chitin.

Considering that nose to tail is a healthy, and that John The Baptist ate locusts, I am wondering if it may add or subtract to our health. I boil shrimp and crab shells, that I have frozen, for an hour or less and get the most flavorful stock to boil shrimp in for shrimp cocktail, to make crab, lobster or shrimp bisque, to make chowders or Asian soups or just to drink cold with a little coconut water & salt. I have even fried shrimp shells in coconut oil on high heat till crispy and throw in a little sugar and salt at the last minute for a yummy crispy kettle corn like snack.

With the world getting so precarious I don't mind looking outside of our normal supermarket food chain for other alternatives, and I don't want to think that my lobster bisque is not a good thing. Can you believe they sell cricket flour?

Ok I pulled the trigger and ordered me up some crickets! I intend to just mix the powder in water a drink it down quick. The roasted crickets I figure we will have a little fun with them watching Naked & Afraid. Everytime they have to eat something like a bug, snake or lizzard the we will eat a couple crickets, with a tequila to get it down. Here is what I ordered!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ohhh, you are upset about later?

Ok I pulled the trigger and ordered me up some crickets! I intend to just mix the powder in water a drink it down quick. The roasted crickets I figure we will have a little fun with, watching Naked & Afraid. Everytime they have to eat something like a bug, snake or lizzard we will eat a couple crickets, with a tequila to get it down. Here is what I ordered!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-152724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-152724_Samsung Internet.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 9
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom