MPB Experimental Treatments

Progesterone

Well if you get the dmso version you can try on wrist but I believe the version that is shipping now is SFA version, so not sure how that would work topically and at what dose. You may be better off just taking one drop orally if you get SFA version to make sure it fully absorbs.

I heard so-so reviews about Pansterone without DMSO... ugh.

I don't mind DMSO at all... dunno why ppl cry about it so much.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I heard so-so reviews about Pansterone without DMSO... ugh.

I don't mind DMSO at all... dunno why ppl cry about it so much.

Tocopherol or SFA form? I found the SFA form in general to be just as potent as the dmso form, although not sure about topically though.

Progesterone

Tocopherol or SFA form? I found the SFA form in general to be just as potent as the dmso form, although not sure about topically though.

Ok i confirmed ill be getting SFA+ethanol.

It should technically be as potent topically as DMSO.

If not.. I could use topically/oral dosed on tongue. IF i need to dose orally.. Do i need to use twice daily due to shorter half life?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Ok i confirmed ill be getting SFA+ethanol.

It should technically be as potent topically as DMSO.

If not.. I could use topically/oral dosed on tongue. IF i need to dose orally.. Do i need to use twice daily due to shorter half life?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just go by how you feel, start with one drop daily first

Scenes

Is @lampofred the only poster here who is actually claiming full regrowth?

Plenty of others say hair has thickened from time to time.

To be honest I'm not the slightest bit convinced that peat methods have done anything positive for my hair. Topical taurine helped a bit, redlight helps a bit, DeFibron helped a little bit. None of them are straight from peat's mouth so to speak, more like experimentation of people on this forum.

On the other hand, glycine, niacinamide, t3/t4 all seem to make my hair worse.

I suppose the question is how healthy are you guys otherwise? If you're already running at good temps, sleep well, regular bowels, eat peaty...either your hair should have regrown or peat/Danny Roddy haven't solved the puzzle.

Not trying to kill the positive vibe here, it's probably important that the mood is optimistic and upbeat if we're ever going to solve it.

Thoughts?

biffbelvin

1 drop of lisuride
3 grams of lysine and 1 gram of glycine taken twice a day
15 grams of MSM and a few grams of vitamin C split into two doses

Ideal labs, nutrabio, and the MSM is just one of the pure powder brands off amazon

I was thinking about adding biotin but my hair is growing super fast at the moment

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this elsewhere, but could you expand on your usage of Vitamin C and do you use naturally occuring or synthetic forms?

I'm looking at naturally occuring vitamin C and to replicate your dosage i'd be spending +$2000 a year. I'm wondering if a more conservative dosage (300mg) would have comparable effects or be a waste of time.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I'm not sure if you've mentioned this elsewhere, but could you expand on your usage of Vitamin C and do you use naturally occuring or synthetic forms?

I'm looking at naturally occuring vitamin C and to replicate your dosage i'd be spending +$2000 a year. I'm wondering if a more conservative dosage (300mg) would have comparable effects or be a waste of time.

I started using vitamin C not for hair purposes specifically to increase neurosteroids and oxyotcin. It just happened to be that when I combined MSM with the vitamin C I needed much less with the same effect, I was doing about 3-4 grams at once now only do about 2 grams or so at once. I use just plain synthetic powder (the Dr Clark brand on Amazon, it seems pretty pure). I did try using Camu camu powder up to a gram but I didn't notice the mood benefits after taking it and it also messed up stomach more, that was just my experience though.

biffbelvin

I started using vitamin C not for hair purposes specifically to increase neurosteroids and oxyotcin. It just happened to be that when I combined MSM with the vitamin C I needed much less with the same effect, I was doing about 3-4 grams at once now only do about 2 grams or so at once. I use just plain synthetic powder (the Dr Clark brand on Amazon, it seems pretty pure). I did try using Camu camu powder up to a gram but I didn't notice the mood benefits after taking it and it also messed up stomach more, that was just my experience though.

Thanks for the response, the supplier I use for Taurine has the same certificate of analysis for their vitamin C so i'm going to give that a go. To be honest, I can imagine that consuming 25g of fruit extract wouldn't be the best thing anyway.

xetawaves

Is @lampofred the only poster here who is actually claiming full regrowth?

Plenty of others say hair has thickened from time to time.

To be honest I'm not the slightest bit convinced that peat methods have done anything positive for my hair. Topical taurine helped a bit, redlight helps a bit, DeFibron helped a little bit. None of them are straight from peat's mouth so to speak, more like experimentation of people on this forum.

On the other hand, glycine, niacinamide, t3/t4 all seem to make my hair worse.

I suppose the question is how healthy are you guys otherwise? If you're already running at good temps, sleep well, regular bowels, eat peaty...either your hair should have regrown or peat/Danny Roddy haven't solved the puzzle.

Not trying to kill the positive vibe here, it's probably important that the mood is optimistic and upbeat if we're ever going to solve it.

Thoughts?

Nothing has helped my mpb. Although, I stopped using nizoral about a week and a half ago and my shedding has slowed substantially. As far as Peating goes though, nope. I put too much hope into these methods after seeing Roddy's videos and reading his book and all I got was disappointment. It's nobody's fault though but my own. I feel so much better, but my hair continues to get worse. Maybe even faster than before I started Peating.

I don't believe that Roddy has mpb, just a mature hairline with slight diffuse thinning at the time due to malnutrition and stress. I've seen pictures of when he was in that band, and he was skinny as hell and clearly underweight. I'm convinced that there is nothing we can do to reverse our mpb. It's a force to be reckoned with and it's gonna win. We just have to accept it. Balding is so common these days, yet it gets no funding or attention. People on the tressless reddit are literally committing suicide because they refuse to live with it. It's ok though because doctors are constantly finding new ways to give women bigger lips and ***s. But hair? Nah, too hard to figure out. The majority of modern medicine is a total joke.

I believe that our hair follicles are dying and can't be revived, and I don't think a cure will ever be found. Ultimately, it probably does come down to genetics. It's a hard pill to swallow, but so is reality. I've spent so much time the past few months worrying about my hair, and I'm finally throwing the towel. Within a year or two, I'll have to buzz it. I'll get some SMP to fill in the top and that'll be the end of it.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Nothing has helped my mpb. Although, I stopped using nizoral about a week and a half ago and my shedding has slowed substantially. As far as Peating goes though, nope. I put too much hope into these methods after seeing Roddy's videos and reading his book and all I got was disappointment. It's nobody's fault though but my own. I feel so much better, but my hair continues to get worse. Maybe even faster than before I started Peating.

I don't believe that Roddy has mpb, just a mature hairline with slight diffuse thinning at the time due to malnutrition and stress. I've seen pictures of when he was in that band, and he was skinny as hell and clearly underweight. I'm convinced that there is nothing we can do to reverse our mpb. It's a force to be reckoned with and it's gonna win. We just have to accept it. Balding is so common these days, yet it gets no funding or attention. People on the tressless reddit are literally committing suicide because they refuse to live with it. It's ok though because doctors are constantly finding new ways to give women bigger lips and ***s. But hair? Nah, too hard to figure out. The majority of modern medicine is a total joke.

I believe that our hair follicles are dying and can't be revived, and I don't think a cure will ever be found. Ultimately, it probably does come down to genetics. It's a hard pill to swallow, but so is reality. I've spent so much time the past few months worrying about my hair, and I'm finally throwing the towel. Within a year or two, I'll have to buzz it. I'll get some SMP to fill in the top and that'll be the end of it.

The hair follicles does not die out, but rather goes into dormant phase due to excess stress (prolactin/cortisol)/lack of cellular respiration, this has been proven actually even people who have been slick bald for decades have been able to regrow hair before (either with minox/dermaneedling or some other treatment showing that the follicle is still there) as I used to be under that impression as well meaning once the follicle is gone it's gone.

I think your thinking of the theory that DHT is actually destroying the hair follicle, until it dies which has been debunked here.

I do agree with the cure part though I don't think there will ever be one it has been way too long. If a cure does pop up, I guarantee it will be a so called "side effect" of another drug. I mean that is how every single FDA treatment for hair loss today was approved i.e. minox (blood pressure), finasteride (enlarged prostate), nizoral (anti fungal) etc. they were all originally developed for a separate use case and as a side effect stopped or thickened/regrew hair.

Last edited:

xetawaves

The hair follicles does not die out, but rather goes into dormant phase due to excess stress (prolactin/cortisol)/lack of cellular respiration, this has been proven actually even people who have been slick bald for decades have been able to regrow hair before (either with minox/dermaneedling or some other treatment showing that the follicle is still there) as I used to be under that impression as well meaning once the follicle is gone it's gone.

I think your thinking of the theory that DHT is actually destroying the hair follicle, until it dies which has been debunked here.

I do agree with the cure part though I don't think there will ever be one it has been way too long. If a cure does pop up, I guarantee it will be a "side effect" of another drug

I don't believe the DHT theory. I think the excess DHT is there to repair damage.

So you believe that the hair follicles go into a permanent dormant phase? I could see this being possible. Though if lack of cellular respiration is what caused this, could it not cause the cells that make up the follicles to also eventually die?

I've pondered so much on one of the biggest question in the hair loss community, that being "why is hair lost only on the top?" I've had a huge interest in the medical field since I was a small child, so I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to human physiology. The only thing that could possibly make sense is that it's caused by the shape of the skull. I'm not sure I believe that theory either though.

JDreamer

I read an article recently that mentioned too much Vit-C is estrogenic and also messes with the insulin process for muscle recovery after workouts. I was taking roughly 2500mg a day and recently stopped. Noticed right away I was getting that "good" full, soreness again after workouts.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I don't believe the DHT theory. I think the excess DHT is there to repair damage.

So you believe that the hair follicles go into a permanent dormant phase? I could see this being possible. Though if lack of cellular respiration is what caused this, could it not cause the cells that make up the follicles to also eventually die?

I've pondered so much on one of the biggest question in the hair loss community, that being "why is hair lost only on the top?" I've had a huge interest in the medical field since I was a small child, so I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to human physiology. The only thing that could possibly make sense is that it's caused by the shape of the skull. I'm not sure I believe that theory either though.

Yeah, same here.

Yeah, dormant as in lack of cellular energy from stress or stress induced (preventing the hair follicle from growing). I don't think the hair follicle is as fragile as one would think, I mean hair grows back after chemo and radiation treatment which is super harsh.

The shape and why only on top the hair loses is something I'm not really sure about to be honest, there was a few theories of lack of blood flow and poor capillary structure on the top making the hair more vulnerable than the sides, but than one could argue how come during a hair transplant that same follicle that gets moved from the side or back to the top can then survive.

xetawaves

Yeah, same here.

Yeah, dormant as in lack of cellular energy from stress or stress induced (preventing the hair follicle from growing). I don't think the hair follicle is as fragile as one would think, I mean hair grows back after chemo and radiation treatment which is super harsh.

The shape and why only on top the hair loses is something I'm not really sure about to be honest, there was a few theories of lack of blood flow and poor capillary structure on the top making the hair more vulnerable than the sides, but than one could argue how come during a hair transplant that same follicle that gets moved from the side or back to the top can then survive.

I think I remember reading somewhere that those transplanted follicles do eventually stop producing hair.

xetawaves

I all I know is I have a sh-t ton of vellus hairs covering the areas that have receded. The only positive sign that's come from all the stuff I've tried.

I wish I could figure out a way to get the conversion going into terminal.

I have lots of smaller hairs on my receded areas too. I wonder why these follicles survive longer than others. I even have hairs there that are super long.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I all I know is I have a sh-t ton of vellus hairs covering the areas that have receded. The only positive sign that's come from all the stuff I've tried.

I wish I could figure out a way to get the conversion going into terminal.

Have you tried slamming lots of biotin and MSM, lysine etc. to see if you can speed up the growth phase?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals