What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?

JDreamer

Fascial tension combined with androgenic stimulation causes hair to be forced to "downsize" to survive. If you have high androgens and generally good posture thne the only place you really notice the problem is on the scalp, which partially carries tension from the whole back side of the body.

How does one get rid of facial tension though? For a few years now I've constantly felt tension along the forehead and temples.

mrchibbs

How does one get rid of facial tension though? For a few years now I've constantly felt tension along the forehead and temples.

Ultimately, without high thyroid function, no tissue, muscle can relax fully. A prolonged low thyroid state leads to a serotonin dominance physiology, and serotonin is directly implicated in neuromuscular excitation, and cause chronic contraction of the occipitofrontalis, neck and side scalp muscles. Which is why it is implicated in rls, bruxism, Parkinson’s etc. When thyroid is low we can’t retain magnesium so. Topical magnesium can help and be soothing, but it’s a losing game if the thyroid function is never restored to optimal levels.

JDreamer

Ultimately, without high thyroid function, no tissue, muscle can relax fully. A prolonged low thyroid state leads to a serotonin dominance physiology, and serotonin is directly implicated in neuromuscular excitation, and cause chronic contraction of the occipitofrontalis, neck and side scalp muscles. Which is why it is implicated in rls, bruxism, Parkinson’s etc. When thyroid is low we can’t retain magnesium so. Topical magnesium can help and be soothing, but it’s a losing game if the thyroid function is never restored to optimal levels.

Unfortunately more familiarity i.e. a lot of overall body tension - especially in the shoulders . I've often asked myself why I can't seem to relax. I've been dosing magnesium on the underside of my forearms before bed, but right now I'm more focused on correcting my diet to assist in thyroid recovery.

rr1

Unfortunately more familiarity i.e. a lot of overall body tension - especially in the shoulders . I've often asked myself why I can't seem to relax. I've been dosing magnesium on the underside of my forearms before bed, but right now I'm more focused on correcting my diet to assist in thyroid recovery.
Magnesium baths have been helping me tremendously.

rei

You remove curvature from spine. The whole s-spine thing is guidelines to make you chronically sick. You want a fully mobile spine, which naturally sits completely straight if you are not bending. Yogis talked about this thousands of years ago, that your posture and looseness is of utmost importance. And without first achieving yoga of the body there is no use in trying to go for yoga of the mind (meditation) as it won't be possible.

dreamcatcher

No need to be confrontational. If you’re happy with 6mg of T3, great for you. But I-think you’re using that quote out of context, he probably meant that breaking a cynomel tablet in fourths and taking it with food is fine and convenient. (since it’s under 10mcg of T3 at once, and I think T3’s half-life is a couple hours) The 2-3mcg is the idea of approximating an optimal hourly dose, where you’re nibbling on a 25 mcg tablet throughout the day. Two different approaches.
No, we weren't talking about Cynomel but another similar T3 product which doesn't need to be broken up so I didn't use the quote out of context.

Sila

You remove curvature from spine. The whole s-spine thing is guidelines to make you chronically sick. You want a fully mobile spine, which naturally sits completely straight if you are not bending. Yogis talked about this thousands of years ago, that your posture and looseness is of utmost importance. And without first achieving yoga of the body there is no use in trying to go for yoga of the mind (meditation) as it won't be possible.

This is very interesting, do you have any sources I can read?

mrchibbs

I know it's easier said than done, and we say the same things all the time, but every effort has to go in fixing the thyroid, and as you've noticed over the years it's harder than just taking a supplement. It takes a major lifestyle effort. Here are some ideas to improve your thyroid function for real, get higher basal temperatures:

1. Red light therapy directly on thyroid area, 10min, a couple times a week.

2. Eat more shellfish, as thyroid needs zinc, selenium, copper etc.

3. Set aside sometime to work on your emotions (1h a day or so). David Hawkins' book Letting Go is an a good start. It can be something else, journaling, yoga, meditation, anything where you sit with your emotions for a time. Unresolved emotional burden can very potently suppress the thyroid.

4. Without fail, take the carrot salad, and regular use of cascara to keep your bowels moving. Constipation or slow bowels means toxicity for the liver, and it can't convert t4 into t3.

5. Take more supplements. Synthetic is tricky, but if you have some NDT product, start increasing your dose slowly. I suspect many people nowadays may need more than 2 grains, at least for a time. And you can't really increase the dose with synthetic thyroid unless you take many individual doses during the day.

6. Get a RO filter to remove all sources of fluoride (if you haven't done so already). Fluoride impacts the thyroid greatly.

7. Continue taking extra magnesium transdermally, as you'll need more of it until your thyroid is reved back up

8. Take D3 daily sublingually, and get out in the sun, because high D3 levels are necessary for thyroid function to work.

9. Drinking filtered coffee throughout the day helps support thyroid function.

10. Give yourself a personal challenge and commit yourself to it for real. Get those temperatures up. I know it's been said a million times before on this site, but it has to be done. It's the basic fundamental thing to get right.

minor9

I'm having trouble finding more sources for this claim, but apparently hirsutism/hypertrichosis can be a side effect of acetazolamide/diamox. This drug which is used to treat mountain sickness causes the body to retain carbon dioxide. Interestingly, thyroxine is also listed. Any thoughts?

"Drugs that can cause excessive hair growth (hirsutism or hypertrichosis) include acetazolamide, anabolic steroids (eg, danazol, nandrolone, stanozolol), androgenic progestogens or oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) containing progestogen (eg, norethindrone and levonorgestrel found in first- and second-generation OCPs), cyclosporine, diazoxide, glucocorticoids, drugs containing heavy metals, minoxidil, penicillamine, phenytoin, tamoxifen, and thyroxine."

Approach to the management of idiopathic hirsutism

redsun

I'm having trouble finding more sources for this claim, but apparently hirsutism/hypertrichosis can be a side effect of acetazolamide/diamox. This drug which is used to treat mountain sickness causes the body to retain carbon dioxide. Interestingly, thyroxine is also listed. Any thoughts?

"Drugs that can cause excessive hair growth (hirsutism or hypertrichosis) include acetazolamide, anabolic steroids (eg, danazol, nandrolone, stanozolol), androgenic progestogens or oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) containing progestogen (eg, norethindrone and levonorgestrel found in first- and second-generation OCPs), cyclosporine, diazoxide, glucocorticoids, drugs containing heavy metals, minoxidil, penicillamine, phenytoin, tamoxifen, and thyroxine."

Approach to the management of idiopathic hirsutism

Acetazolamide is a drug artificially raising CO2 levels by inhibiting carbonic anhydrase. Thyroxine can actually worsen thyroid status of course, no surprise there.

minor9

Acetazolamide is a drug artificially raising CO2 levels by inhibiting carbonic anhydrase. Thyroxine can actually worsen thyroid status of course, no surprise there.

I wonder why artificially raising CO2 would cause excessive* hair growth

redsun

I wonder why artificially raising CO2 would cause hair growth

It causes hirsutism which is excessive body hair growth on the face and body as opposed to hair on the head. Its because it is stressful to the body of course. There's one thing to make more CO2 naturally from consuming carbohydrates, but taking a drug to do it is entirely different.

Estradiol

It causes hirsutism which is excessive body hair growth on the face and body as opposed to hair on the head. Its because it is stressful to the body of course. There's one thing to make more CO2 naturally from consuming carbohydrates, but taking a drug to do it is entirely different.

It's pro-metabolic effect should reduce hirsutism not increase it.

minor9

How would it be "of course" stressful? Peat has said it's very generally therapeutic.

"High altitude sickness is now treated with acetazolamide (which causes carbon dioxide retention, and respiratory acidosis), or with direct inhalation of carbon dioxide. …Carbon dioxide, progesterone, and the carbonic anhydrase inhibitors stabilize and protect cells in very general ways."

"Cytomel, aspirin, acetazolamide, and progesterone all protect the liver and help to slow cancer growth."

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals