MPB Experimental Treatments

xetawaves

I'm not sure I believe that hair health is a direct representation of systemic health. Take Michael Jordan for example. One of the most athletic people ever and had mpb.

If castrates are unable to experience mpb, then it must be caused by something resulting from the male reproductive system. If DHT is what makes body hair grow, then based on the DHT theory shouldn't all men experiencing mpb have excess body hair? I have no hair at all on my chest or back yet I have mpb.

I think the answer possibly lies within the prostate.

Scenes

I'm not sure I believe that hair health is a direct representation of systemic health. Take Michael Jordan for example. One of the most athletic people ever and had mpb.

If castrates are unable to experience mpb, then it must be caused by something resulting from the male reproductive system. If DHT is what makes body hair grow, then based on the DHT theory shouldn't all men experiencing mpb have excess body hair? I have no hair at all on my chest or back yet I have mpb.

Agree x 1000. Cannot see the link in the slightest for myself personally between health and mpb. Whenever I do things to increase testosterone I feel stronger, healthier, more alive, sleep better, stay warm all day - but hair thins and falls.

Honestly if I knew nothing and was just guessing I'd say test causes hairloss no matter what my estrogen levels are. I can lower E, take my fat sol vitamins, mushroom, camomile, ai. Doesn't matter, hair still going if my test levels are high.

Also agree on the strong link with prostate health, which higher test might be impacting regardless of estrogen levels.

aquaman

Yeah, same here.

Yeah, dormant as in lack of cellular energy from stress or stress induced (preventing the hair follicle from growing). I don't think the hair follicle is as fragile as one would think, I mean hair grows back after chemo and radiation treatment which is super harsh.

The shape and why only on top the hair loses is something I'm not really sure about to be honest, there was a few theories of lack of blood flow and poor capillary structure on the top making the hair more vulnerable than the sides, but than one could argue how come during a hair transplant that same follicle that gets moved from the side or back to the top can then survive.

In hypothyroidism extremities stay cool to retain heat in the rest of the body. As most heat is lost from the head, I'd guess if there is a link it's between severely restricted blood flow on the scalp to maintain body temperature

helpmyhair

If the prostate is important in MPB, what can we do to increase prostate health?

Years ago I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitus, so this is interesting to me. A few rounds of anti-biotics did nothing to self. My father who is bald has prostate problems and spends alot of time in the bathroom while peeing as its not a free flow. I've noticed my own peeing is not a constant flow, i wait an extra 10 - 15 seconds to lets the rest drizzle out.

xetawaves

I couple months ago I did nofap for a whole month. I did this because I was reading all these stories online about people experiencing major regrowth from it. Unfortunately, it didn't have that affect on me. Prior to nofap, I would sometimes have a slight pain in my lower left abdomen when I would ejaculate. I noticed that touching my left testicle in a certain spot would exacerbate it. I also noticed that my semen had small, gel-like globules in it. It was really strange and I couldn't find anything online about it. Just other people experiencing the same thing. I think it's safe to say that I've had prostate issues as well. After nofap, I don't have the pain or globules anymore.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I couple months ago I did nofap for a whole month. I did this because I was reading all these stories online about people experiencing major regrowth from it. Unfortunately, it didn't have that affect on me. Prior to nofap, I would sometimes have a slight pain in my lower left abdomen when I would ejaculate. I noticed that touching my left testicle in a certain spot would exacerbate it. I also noticed that my semen had small, gel-like globules in it. It was really strange and I couldn't find anything online about it. Just other people experiencing the same thing. I think it's safe to say that I've had prostate issues as well. After nofap, I don't have the pain or globules anymore.

Not a fan of no fap lol, most I ever went was like a week, and felt on edge on all the time, but the only possibility that I can see it helping hair is that you avoid the prolactin spike post ejaculation.

Also, regarding lisuride it seems it has anti histamine properties as well, just another piece that can help hair (just like cypro)
Lisuride is a potent anti-histamine, and peripheral serotonin antagonist

OP
TubZy

TubZy

There is correlation that you can have both high estrogen and high DHT, basically high estrogen in serum/tissues is the initial trigger followed by DHT to spike to counteract the estrogen. DHT is what your body uses to antagonize estrogen.

Hence, why fat/obese people can also have high amounts of body hair (high estrogen serum & tissue). DHT definitely effects body hair growth, but you want DHT to be normal or elevated with estrogen being low, not high estrogen and high DHT (i.e. virilization).

The tricky thing is that you can have normal serum estrogen levels (and even DHT) but high in tissue (like skin in terms of acne and MPB). So experimentation based on how you feel is the best way to go after blood tests.

Last edited:

xetawaves

I think nofap basically cured my depression. The first week or two were rough and my emotions were everywhere. After that though I didn't really feel sad anymore, and if I did/do it was a mild melancholy. I'm still experiencing this benefit. I skip two full days between each ejaculation now and it seems to work for me.

I also think it's suspicious how a drug initially prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia ended up regrowing hair in millions of men.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I think nofap basically cured my depression. The first week or two were rough and my emotions were everywhere. After that though I didn't really feel sad anymore, and if I did/do it was a mild melancholy. I'm still experiencing this benefit. I skip two full days between each ejaculation now and it seems to work for me.

I also think it's suspicious how a drug initially prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia ended up regrowing hair in millions of men.

Seems like you could have a prolactin problem or low dopamine, have you ever measured it or tried anything that is pro dopamine (caffeine, metergoline, lisuride etc)? If so, how do you feel on it? You possibly could have borderline high prolactin and ejaculation spikes prolactin even higher causing you to feel even worse (lowering dopamine).

Last edited:
OP
TubZy

TubZy

It is because it raises progesterone (finasteride) from blocking the conversion into the 5AR metabolites like allopreg and THDOC. Finasteride users have higher progesterone levels while taking it, it was shown in studies. It just raises progesterone in a crappy way by inhibiting the 5 alpha reduced neurosteroids so progesterone builds up in the body, which is another reason why people mention how finasteride cleaned up their skin (progesterone is great for the skin ). Someone also posted how the structure of finasteride is almost identical (and derived) from the progesterone molecule.

Last edited:
OP
TubZy

TubZy

If the prostate is important in MPB, what can we do to increase prostate health?

Years ago I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitus, so this is interesting to me. A few rounds of anti-biotics did nothing to self. My father who is bald has prostate problems and spends alot of time in the bathroom while peeing as its not a free flow. I've noticed my own peeing is not a constant flow, i wait an extra 10 - 15 seconds to lets the rest drizzle out.

Anything that is anti estrogenic. Breast cancer and prostate cancer are estrogen driven, so vitamin E, aspirin, vitamin K2 (very effective for prostate), androsterone, vitamin E (retinol), niacinamide etc.

Haidut posted a study where terminal prostate cancer was essentially cured by direct testosterone injection.
Cancer "paradox": Testosterone Treats Prostate Cancer
Another Confirmation That Testosterone Can Treat Prostate Cancer\

Also:

Testosterone Deprivation For Prostate Cancer Causes Dementia / Alzheimer

xetawaves

Seems like you could have a prolactin problem, have you ever measured it or tried anything that is pro dopamine (caffeine, metergoline, lisuride etc)? If so, how do you feel on it? You possibly could have borderline high prolactin and ejaculation spikes prolactin even higher causing you to feel even worse.

I feel incredible on caffeine. I drink coffee all the time now. I'm ordering some lisuride within the next couple days. I also plan on getting my prolactin levels checked soon.

I also take 650mg of phenibut every other day to help my anxiety. When I'm anxious I shed pretty bad so I use phenibut to avoid that problem. Phenibut is amazing stuff and I think I found the sweet spot for me to avoid withdrawals. I think phenibut is pro dopamine? I might be wrong. I read that it also protects against endotoxins. I'll take it over Benzos any day.

xetawaves

It is because it raises progesterone (finasteride) from blocking the conversion into the 5AR metabolites like allopreg and THDOC. Finasteride users have higher progesterone levels while taking it, it was shown in studies. It just raises progesterone in a crappy way by inhibiting the 5 alpha reduced neurosteroids so progesterone builds up in the body, which is another reason why people mention how finasteride cleaned up their skin (progesterone is great for the skin ). Someone also posted how the structure of finasteride is almost identical (and derived) from the progesterone molecule.

That's really interesting, thank you for sharing that. So I guess I should order some progesterone as well. Is it safe to take lisuride and progesterone together? Has anyone here experienced regrowth from progesterone?
I suppose the two together would work very well for hair.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I feel incredible on caffeine. I drink coffee all the time now. I'm ordering some lisuride within the next couple days. I also plan on getting my prolactin levels checked soon.

I also take 650mg of phenibut every other day to help my anxiety. When I'm anxious I shed pretty bad so I use phenibut to avoid that problem. Phenibut is amazing stuff and I think I found the sweet spot for me to avoid withdrawals. I think phenibut is pro dopamine? I might be wrong. I read that it also protects against endotoxins. I'll take it over Benzos any day.

Yup, I guarantee your prolactin levels are high either serum or in tissue (or both). Since you feel so good on caffeine (raises dopamine, which would lower prolactin) that is probably a very large part of it.

Lisuride will address it the most directly though, so I would start with that. Another way to test it, is once you start taking dopamine agonists or prolactin antagonist see you how you feel post ejac and your refractory period. If you feel great post ejac (like you should) and don't want to fall asleep or feel depressed then you definitely know it was prolactin related. The cool part is that should hopefully kill two birds with one stone i.e. libido and hair issues.

helpmyhair

Anything that is anti estrogenic. Breast cancer and prostate cancer are estrogen driven, so vitamin E, aspirin, vitamin K2 (very effective for prostate), androsterone, vitamin E (retinol), niacinamide etc.

Haidut posted a study where terminal prostate cancer was essentially cured by direct testosterone injection.
Cancer "paradox": Testosterone Treats Prostate Cancer
Another Confirmation That Testosterone Can Treat Prostate Cancer\

Also:

Testosterone Deprivation For Prostate Cancer Causes Dementia / Alzheimer

Thanks TubZy.. think I will order some vitamin K2. Is it bed that I get a ton of calcium but don't supplement on vitamin k2?

Also how is your lisuride experience going? Still stopped shedding/no itch? Was thinking of trying it.. is it safe?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

That's really interesting, thank you for sharing that. So I guess I should order some progesterone as well. Is it safe to take lisuride and progesterone together? Has anyone here experienced regrowth from progesterone?
I suppose the two together would work very well for hair.

To be honest, not many people had that much success with taking natural progesterone for hair purposes. I think @JonnyCraig was using high dose orally, but I don't think he noticed anything positive in terms of hair. You can try it if you want, but I don't know too many people that had great success with it. A few claim that their hair was healthier and thicker, but nothing groundbreaking.

Yeah you can take both together if you want, shouldn't be an issue.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Thanks TubZy.. think I will order some vitamin K2. Is it bed that I get a ton of calcium but don't supplement on vitamin k2?

Also how is your lisuride experience going? Still stopped shedding/no itch? Was thinking of trying it.. is it safe?

Yeah if you are taking tons of calcium in without K2 that is not good (calcification), you also need some D with it as well, but it is summer so as long as you are getting some sun the D shouldn't be an issue.

Here is the study BTW
Vitamin k2, a naturally occurring menaquinone, exerts therapeutic effects on both hormone-dependent and hormone-independent prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Yeah, good so far, I actually ordered the SFA version, so want to switch to that. Another thing that I noticed is that the shedding or itch is gone that would sometimes come up from stress or post orgasm. It seems my scalp is fully stabilized and little things don't effect shedding anymore. What I'm wondering is if I need to take it daily or is weekly or twice weekly enough to keep prolactin down, which would also prevent tolerance.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

No Biotin. No Lysine. Was taking roughly 2000mg of MSM from April thru June, but stopped because I felt like it wasn't doing anything notable.

You try like super high doses of MSM (like 15 grams daily) with vitamin C (like 2 grams)? If it helps you would probably realize within a few days as it seems to work quick for me in terms of my hair grows super fast, if not I would dump it.

Last edited:

xetawaves

Yup, I guarantee your prolactin levels are high either serum or in tissue (or both). Since you feel so good on caffeine (raises dopamine, which would lower prolactin) that is probably a very large part of it.

Lisuride will address it the most directly though, so I would start with that. Another way to test it, is once you start taking dopamine agonists or prolactin antagonist see you how you feel post ejac and your refractory period. If you feel great post ejac (like you should) and don't want to fall asleep or feel depressed then you definitely know it was prolactin related. The cool part is that should hopefully kill two birds with one stone i.e. libido and hair issues.

Sometimes I feel depressed post ejac and I always wondered why. It used to be a lot worse than it is now.

Do you have any side effects from Lisuride? I always get sketched out from the possibility of sides. I still plan on trying it though, and will probably place my order tonight.

helpmyhair

Yeah if you are taking tons of calcium in without K2 that is not good (calcification), you also need some D with it as well, but it is summer so as long as you are getting some sun the D shouldn't be an issue.

Here is the study BTW
Vitamin k2, a naturally occurring menaquinone, exerts therapeutic effects on both hormone-dependent and hormone-independent prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Yeah, good so far, I actually ordered the SFA version, so want to switch to that. Another thing that I noticed is that the shedding or itch is gone that would sometimes come up from stress or post orgasm. It seems my scalp is fully stabilized and little things don't effect shedding anymore. What I'm wondering is if I need to take it daily or is weekly or twice weekly enough to keep prolactin down, which would also prevent tolerance.

Hmmm maybe I should try lisuride. Is it safe in your opinion?

For vitamin K2, do you take it orally or topically? How much do you take per day?

I am taking 4000iu vitamin D a day in liquid form. I put a drop in a glass of juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals