MPB Experimental Treatments

helpmyhair

@sladerunner69

I definitely am fishing for a regimen due to my intense shedding. I think that while I have the dietary measures down, my gut is definitely struggling. I often have stomach aches and a sensitive stomach. I suspect I might have SIBO. In your opinion, how can I fix my gut?

mistermr

@sladerunner69

I definitely am fishing for a regimen due to my intense shedding. I think that while I have the dietary measures down, my gut is definitely struggling. I often have stomach aches and a sensitive stomach. I suspect I might have SIBO. In your opinion, how can I fix my gut?

I am not slade but gut issues are of interest to me. I will share with you what symptoms I had, and what worked for me.

I had pretty much non existent bowel movements without a laxative for 3+ years. To the point of getting a major death like headache and allergy/flu symptoms until I cleared my bowels with a laxative.
If you have constipation, then that should be your number 1 priority in fixing. Nothing is beneficial if you are not having full bowel movements daily.

What I did was very basic.
Diet: Milk, Coffee, RIPE FRESH FRUIT. RIPE RIPE RIPE. FRESH FRESH FRESH Mangoes, peaches, oranges (juiced)., cherries, etc

No bread, grains, starch... All that Ray Peat stuff

Add in liver, oysters blah blah blah, its all good. They are important

Supplements that most benefitted gut health.
Antibiotic; I used natural, I just felt more comfortable that way. I used Oregano Oil from Zane Hellas. Probably the best Oregano Oil on the market, 2-3 drops in coconut oil in the morning with juiced oranges (pulp free). Also took half a serving of
Energin at this time (huuuge help for digestion, with the oregano oil). Did this twice a day for 3 weeks

Red Light, shined on thyroid twice a day

Mushrooms; I think all mushrooms are magical. Lol

Lysine, taurine, glycine

BAM

Fix your digestion guys.

Last edited:

lampofred

When I do Keto, my hair shedding completely stops within a few weeks. Even when wearing a hat everyday, no hair shedding. As soon as I start eating carbs, my hair loss starts full force again. I wonder why.

My theory why: most people, especially if they've done keto for any length of time, are insulin resistant. The more insulin resistance you are, the more insulin gets released in response to a feeding of carbohydrate, and since insulin is what carried tryptophan to the brain, the more insulin resistant you are, the more serotonin dominant you become when eating carbs. Eating fat won't do this.

Serotonin causes vasoconstriction leads to cortisol leads to estrogen leads to prolactin, the whole cascade. As I mentioned a few posts ago, my theory is that a high prolactin/cortisol/serotonin state causes MPB. You want to be only dopamine dominant.

Maybe try getting carbs only from potassium-rich fruit sources with a high fructose content. That will lower insulin release

mistermr

My theory why: most people, especially if they've done keto for any length of time, are insulin resistant. The more insulin resistance you are, the more insulin gets released in response to a feeding of carbohydrate, and since insulin is what carried tryptophan to the brain, the more insulin resistant you are, the more serotonin dominant you become when eating carbs. Eating fat won't do this.

Serotonin causes vasoconstriction leads to cortisol leads to estrogen leads to prolactin, the whole cascade. As I mentioned a few posts ago, my theory is that a high prolactin/cortisol/serotonin state causes MPB. You want to be only dopamine dominant.

So good man! I never thought of it through that pathway.

helpmyhair

I am not slade but gut issues are of interest to me. I will share with you what symptoms I had, and what worked for me.

I had pretty much non existent bowel movements without a laxative for 3+ years. To the point of getting a major death like headache and allergy/flu symptoms until I cleared my bowels with a laxative.
If you have constipation, then that should be your number 1 priority in fixing. Nothing is beneficial if you are not having full bowel movements daily.

What I did was very basic.
Diet: Milk, Coffee, RIPE FRESH FRUIT. RIPE RIPE RIPE. FRESH FRESH FRESH Mangoes, peaches, oranges (juiced)., cherries, etc

No bread, grains, starch... All that Ray Peat stuff

Add in liver, oysters blah blah blah, its all good. They are important

Supplements that most benefitted gut health.
Antibiotic; I used natural, I just felt more comfortable that way. I used Oregano Oil from Zane Hellas. Probably the best Oregano Oil on the market, 2-3 drops in coconut oil in the morning with juiced oranges (pulp free). Also took half a serving of
Energin at this time (huuuge help for digestion, with the oregano oil). Did this twice a day for 3 weeks

Red Light, shined on thyroid twice a day

Mushrooms; I think all mushrooms are magical. Lol

Lysine, taurine, glycine

BAM

Fix your digestion guys.

The thing is, I do have at least 1 bowel movement a day. It is very rare I would go a day without. Some days its more than one. So would this regimen be right for me even though I'm already kind of regular?

Is white sugar fine in the diet? Usually put in coffee, and eat gummy bears as well.

Isn't a daily carrot also good for digestion?

I have a hard time staying full unless I have some kind of starch. I usually have potatoes with dinner.

Re:Energin, why are these B vitamins good for digestion?

Is oregano oil safe to take? Is it bad for hairloss?

Do you find that red light actually helps your thyroid function better?

How does Lysine, taurine, glycine tie in to digestion? and also MPB?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting desperate :P

helpmyhair

Maybe try getting carbs only from potassium-rich fruit sources with a high fructose content. That will lower insulin release

What is the best way to lower prolactin/cortisol/serotonin?

Scenes

The thing is, I do have at least 1 bowel movement a day. It is very rare I would go a day without. Some days its more than one. So would this regimen be right for me even though I'm already kind of regular?

Is white sugar fine in the diet? Usually put in coffee, and eat gummy bears as well.

I have a hard time staying full unless I have some kind of starch. I usually have potatoes with dinner.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting desperate :p

Just on the redlight thing...yeah imo it absolutely helps thyroid function better if the simplest measure is regular bowel movements and warm hands/feet.

I'm trying to find the balance and not overdo it. Found that redlight over the eyes caused an ugly acne breakout on my chin for a few days. Then I remembered reading how vitamin a is used up quickly for steroid synthesis stimulated by bright light on the retina. Peat said that somewhere. Few doses of estroban, skin good as new. Weird how fast things work sometimes.

xetawaves

I think stress plays the biggest role. I've noticed that when I have periods of high stress my hair falls like crazy and some of it never grows back. I just wonder why male scalps are more sensitive to the hormonal changes related to stress.

redred

What man really? I think Danny looks fantastic. He is in his early 30's, and doesn't have a single wrinkle or age spot on his face. Most hollywood actors need to slather on a good coat of make-up in order to look like they have great skin. Also, his hair looks perfect, I've been watching his videos for years. He introduced me to peating and if anything I think he has more hair now! Look at one of his older photos here- I think its fairly clear that his hairline was receding more than it is in the video you posted.

First off, according to peat we can't regrow hair.

If you think roddy looks "fantastic" then I don't know what to say.

Are u saying Danny roddy is loosing alot of hair in the front?....

If so idk what your talking about. He basically has a full thick head of hair.

Zoom in and you see hes receding.

redred

I think stress plays the biggest role. I've noticed that when I have periods of high stress my hair falls like crazy and some of it never grows back. I just wonder why male scalps are more sensitive to the hormonal changes related to stress.

Stress is just the bodys inability to produce enough energy. The hair is one thirsty mofo

redred

Here it is..Ray talks about how prolactin and cortisol are the cause of MPB in this interview

And also vitamin D and calcium

So prolactin cortisol down down dopamine up up

Progesterone

@TubZy

Currently experiencing with B6 (to reduce prolactin) will do 300mg per day in divided doses.

Of course high dose Lysine, 6g a day MINIMUM throughout the day.

Aspirin.. 325mg upon waking, 325mg at bedtime.

K2 MK4 1mg a day in the morning. 1 drop on tongue.

Fenugreek, about 3g to 5g a day.

BCAA 5g per day approx.

MB 1-2mg per day.

1 drop of TyroMix on tongue, I think I will be doing EVERY OTHER DAY and see how I do with that. This is very powerful, now that I'm watching for it, I definitely notice it eliminates water, and FAST. Is it that potent of a AI? or.. what is the mechanism behind that? It makes you look great at any rate... just worried it may harm hair, but also hopeful it helps it too considering how important thyroid is for hair.

Caffeine @ 400mg per day (pre-workout)

20mg of progesterone from health natura taken orally in gelatin capsule before bedtime

I actually have been taking the Lysine @ 6g+ for a few days now, so far so good, hair actually looked great today! (way too early I know, but still)

Anything I should add?

xetawaves

When did Peat state that it's impossible to regrow hair? People do it with finasteride all the time lol

Progesterone

I'm confused - is it B3 or B6 we need in this fight against prolactin?

B6/P5P fights prolactin.

B3 is good for a whole host of other things, perhaps prolactin too.

However... I think I shed on B3, I don't take it anymore, for now.

mistermr

If you have SIBO, this regimen could be very effective with the right diet.

It's fine, it just should be used when fruit isn't available. A lot of people on this forum use white sugar to sweeten beverages

You should know/learn what suits your body best

Check out the Energin thread in this forum

I think it's quite beneficial. Poor gut health is what is bad for hairloss but do your own research

YES! :)

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting desperate :p

There are quite a few threads on the forum about these aminos. Search them :)

sladerunner69

First off, according to peat we can't regrow hair.

If you think roddy looks "fantastic" then I don't know what to say.

Zoom in and you see hes receding.

Well can you at least try and rebute the fact that danny clearly doesn't have a single wrinkle or age line on his face? Most people have them by time they are 25, Danny is now in his 30's and has not one.

mistermr

Looks like he is loosing his hair in the front quite alot

He doesnt look healthy

You're right, he's not taking enough vitamin k2, his jaw is so narrow. Isn't he supposedly getting all the fat soluble vitamins?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals