Luckytype

Wow cool. Alright Im gonna do just that when I order lisuride. Also when your prolactin went down did you lose weight without any caloric restriction?

No I was overeating by probably 30-40 percent. Ive spent a lot of time getting nutrition stores back to reasonable. My water retention was reduced slightly though. Also I have been recovering thyroid function for a while so I wouldnt be a good person to ask but at the end of this chapter ive lost weight much more comfortably than in the past

Momado965

No I was overeating by probably 30-40 percent. Ive spent a lot of time getting nutrition stores back to reasonable. My water retention was reduced slightly though. Also I have been recovering thyroid function for a while so I wouldnt be a good person to ask but at the end of this chapter ive lost weight much more comfortably than in the past

Cool. So a lowered prolactin resulred in you being able to lose weight more comfoetably.

golder

Could you explain a little how you improved your thyroid function and how you managed to lose weight efficiently?
Thanks mate.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello @haidut
I'd like to know if different batches of metergoline can taste different and have different colors. If so, can you tell me the colors you've seen?

Yes, color can vary from colorless like water to yellow-ish. Taste can also vary slightly depending batch but in general the taste of ethanol (one of the solvents) should be the dominant one.

Ron J

Yes, color can vary from colorless like water to yellow-ish. Taste can also vary slightly depending batch but in general the taste of ethanol (one of the solvents) should be the dominant one.
I had one that was yellowish, but is it possible to be like an amber color?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had one that was yellowish, but is it possible to be like an amber color?

Yes, even that, but more of a dijon mustard color than brown.

Luckytype

Could you explain a little how you improved your thyroid function and how you managed to lose weight efficiently?
Thanks mate.
Yea but go through my posts, its more in depth. I had a serious metabolic issue that several doctors ignored. As i declined I made action to resolve it but did so very deliberately and slowly in steps.

I still have some to go, probably a couple of years

Basically i eventually admitted to myself that my nutrition was complete trash. I spent two years or so focused on mineral density and fat soluble density while eliminating multiple physical stressors, my gym addicition and removing toxicity from my life.

Constant feeding in surplus, staying intentionally warm, trying to rest as much as possible. Easy exercise and occasional lifting I used bloodwork as indicators of what was going on and used symptoms as my other indicators. I was counting hair shed, body temp both waking and throughout the day. I eliminated pufa as best i could and made it a point to be truly happy.

Around may of this year and seeing improvement but not resolution i titrated onto supplemental thyroid to help break the stress cycle. My cholesterol had come back up at this point justifying it for me. After realizing my clothes were pushing the limits and my suiting was atruggling to fit I made it a point to get off of surplus so i could lean down enough that IF i needed more good in winter to stay warm i could regain. I was slightly insulin resistant as well, i could feel this and bloodwork reflected it. My E was a bit high and it showed.

After a couple months on cycling maintenance and deficit(unintentional) the weight literally just melted off. Its NEVER done that in my life before. It was a little fast but no issues just yet, which is awesome.

In short:
Patience
Nutrient density
Warmth
Constant feeding
Eliminate most pufa
Resting hard
Exercising easy
Sleep regulation
Balanced meals
Be happy, even if youre tricking yourself first
Get in an environment of space and people that support this

Last edited:

golder

Behavioural effects of long term inhibition of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors using metergoline. - PubMed - NCBI

Just seen this posted in another thread - while its a rat study, the implications are rather worrysome for long term use of metergoline? Increased sensitivity to serotonin doesnt sound like fun

Doesn’t sound good whatsoever. Any ideas if Lisuride would do the same?
What dosage and frequency do you feel would start spilling over into increasing seratonin sensitivity?

inthedark

Behavioural effects of long term inhibition of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors using metergoline. - PubMed - NCBI

Just seen this posted in another thread - while its a rat study, the implications are rather worrysome for long term use of metergoline? Increased sensitivity to serotonin doesnt sound like fun

Could increased sensitivity to serotonin correspond with lower amount available in the body? Doesn't the body often compensate for a lowered available amount of a neurotransmitter by increasing sensitivity to it? This could be totally wrong, it's been a while since I've though about this stuff.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Doesn’t sound good whatsoever. Any ideas if Lisuride would do the same?
What dosage and frequency do you feel would start spilling over into increasing seratonin sensitivity?

All serotonin antagonists have this effect upon withdrawal. It is unfortunate that the abstracts mentioned metergoline more than the others but it clearly ends with a generic statement about all serotonin antagonists.
Upon withdrawal, the first few days there will be increased sensitivity but then serotonin synthesis should be reduced in response to the increased sensitivity. The same is seen in pretty much all receptor antagonist studies. Another good example is using the glucocorticoid antagonist RU486 - it also increases sensitivity for a few days and then endogenous cortisol production drops down.

inthedark

I've used metergoline for about nine months and I've found it's by far best if cycled or used sporadically, at low doses. It's been very very helpful to me for mood and general outlook and quality of life, but I do think less is more with this drug.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could increased sensitivity to serotonin correspond with lower amount available in the body? Doesn't the body often compensate for a lowered available amount of a neurotransmitter by increasing sensitivity to it? This could be totally wrong, it's been a while since I've though about this stuff.

Thanks for saying this. I already responded to the other comment. All receptor antagonists will likely have this effects for the first few days after stopping them and it has also been seen in cortisol antagonism, among others.

Tbone107

Yea but go through my posts, its more in depth. I had a serious metabolic issue that several doctors ignored. As i declined I made action to resolve it but did so very deliberately and slowly in steps.

I still have some to go, probably a couple of years

Basically i eventually admitted to myself that my nutrition was complete trash. I spent two years or so focused on mineral density and fat soluble density while eliminating multiple physical stressors, my gym addicition and removing toxicity from my life.

Constant feeding in surplus, staying intentionally warm, trying to rest as much as possible. Easy exercise and occasional lifting I used bloodwork as indicators of what was going on and used symptoms as my other indicators. I was counting hair shed, body temp both waking and throughout the day. I eliminated pufa as best i could and made it a point to be truly happy.

Around may of this year and seeing improvement but not resolution i titrated onto supplemental thyroid to help break the stress cycle. My cholesterol had come back up at this point justifying it for me. After realizing my clothes were pushing the limits and my suiting was atruggling to fit I made it a point to get off of surplus so i could lean down enough that IF i needed more good in winter to stay warm i could regain. I was slightly insulin resistant as well, i could feel this and bloodwork reflected it. My E was a bit high and it showed.

After a couple months on cycling maintenance and deficit(unintentional) the weight literally just melted off. Its NEVER done that in my life before. It was a little fast but no issues just yet, which is awesome.

In short:
Patience
Nutrient density
Warmth
Constant feeding
Eliminate most pufa
Resting hard
Exercising easy
Sleep regulation
Balanced meals
Be happy, even if youre tricking yourself first
Get in an environment of space and people that support this

I’m couldn’t tell and am curious.. are you still on the thyroid or did you say you got off to help the fat melt off? I too am coming off of a chronic amount of exercise compounded with low carb.

Luckytype

I’m couldn’t tell and am curious.. are you still on the thyroid or did you say you got off to help the fat melt off? I too am coming off of a chronic amount of exercise compounded with low carb.
I commited to staying on it through winter at least. I dont necessarily want to be on it but my body just plain needs to recover. Once being on it and trimming the caloric excess I began to lean down really easily.

Tbone107

I commited to staying on it through winter at least. I dont necessarily want to be on it but my body just plain needs to recover. Once being on it and trimming the caloric excess I began to lean down really easily.

How much was the calorie excess/how much have you cut down the working out?

Luckytype

The training was scaled down to like 2 days a week at the absolute most, caloric intake was around 3 to 3.5k. Other days are walking and hiking if weather permits

Tbone107

The training was scaled down to like 2 days a week at the absolute most, caloric intake was around 3 to 3.5k. Other days are walking and hiking if weather permits
Sorry for the bombardment of question, how does strength/physique feel and look now?

How many calories are you eating now and do you still feel better with the calorie reduction?

Luckytype

Sorry for the bombardment of question, how does strength/physique feel and look now?

How many calories are you eating now and do you still feel healed?
Its all good. Im not great every single day the past couple months but 2300-2700 with big days when im hungry. Ive obviously lost some muscle which doesnt concern me, strength is still good, legs, strength and arms still good as well as upper back. Its absolutely needed. And no, I feel like im still healing, not yet healed though. Still more time to go for sure

Andman

All serotonin antagonists have this effect upon withdrawal. It is unfortunate that the abstracts mentioned metergoline more than the others but it clearly ends with a generic statement about all serotonin antagonists.
Upon withdrawal, the first few days there will be increased sensitivity but then serotonin synthesis should be reduced in response to the increased sensitivity. The same is seen in pretty much all receptor antagonist studies. Another good example is using the glucocorticoid antagonist RU486 - it also increases sensitivity for a few days and then endogenous cortisol production drops down.

Makes sense thanks, i guess it would be smart to use more aspirin/caffeine/defibron when withdrawing from serotonin antagonists? i do sometimes get a nasty headache a few days after metergoline

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals