Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Yi at LDT

I've been thinking the epidemiology seems to fit much better for VA then for PUFA. No doubt PUFA isn't a friend, but you would think poor asian countries would have some major problems by now eating so much cheap oil. Or are we eating far more of it in the west? Still, you would think it aould cause more problems.

On the appearance note my appearance was far better as a dysfunctional, occasionaly semi psychotic vegan then it is now. I would pick now over then however in a heartbeat.

Cirion

Hang in there.

Thanks. I'm getting a lot closer to finding the "Blueprint to health" finally. I'm making a thread here of the most massive data collection project I've done to date. I am tracking 50+ parameters already (with room to add more tracked parameters) including but not limited to calories, proteins (including a breakdown of each amino acid), carbs (starch, sugar, fructose, glucose, fiber), fats (sfa, pufa, mufa...) # hours slept, # caffeine in mg, # of sunlight per day (including the UV index) ... and much more. And yes, I actually just added Vitamin A to the list as well, but haven't done a plot of it yet. Here's a few plots I've made so far... I will likely later add basically every vitamin and mineral to the list, putting me at 100+ parameters tracked.

Determining Effect Of Diet On Metabolism And Weight Loss/Gain Through Data Collection

My plan is to make a massive repository of data analysis as I collect more and more, including multi-variate trends and more. While it is exclusively from my own experiences, I hope to find out commonalities among most or even all people. I firmly believe a blueprint to health can be found and discovered and I intend to discover it.

The nice thing is I no longer take supplements, which means any and all effects I find are 100% due to food only (and other natural factors like sleep, sunlight), so there's less confounding factors.

Last edited:

Yi at LDT

One confounding factor I think we overlook in these communities are our minds. I think that's my next port of call. I've found the answers I was looking for after many years and many failures. Now it's time to focus on the thing my answers have given me control over. My mind.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. I'm getting a lot closer to finding the "Blueprint to health" finally. I'm making a thread here of the most massive data collection project I've done to date. I am tracking 50+ parameters already (with room to add more tracked parameters) including but not limited to calories, proteins (including a breakdown of each amino acid), carbs (starch, sugar, fructose, glucose, fiber), fats (sfa, pufa, mufa...) # hours slept, # caffeine in mg, # of sunlight per day (including the UV index) ... and much more. And yes, I actually just added Vitamin A to the list as well, but haven't done a plot of it yet. Here's a few plots I've made so far... I will likely later add basically every vitamin and mineral to the list, putting me at 100+ parameters tracked.

Determining Effect Of Diet On Metabolism And Weight Loss/Gain Through Data Collection

My plan is to make a massive repository of data analysis as I collect more and more, including multi-variate trends and more. While it is exclusively from my own experiences, I hope to find out commonalities among most or even all people. I firmly believe a blueprint to health can be found and discovered and I intend to discover it.

The nice thing is I no longer take supplements, which means any and all effects I find are 100% due to food only (and other natural factors like sleep, sunlight), so there's less confounding factors.
That’s really awesome! Congrats on no supplements.

Cirion

That’s really awesome! Congrats on no supplements.

Thanks!--I may be weird and a nerd, but this latest plot has me rather excited. Because, I think I have reached several breakthroughs and discoveries that will literally change my life finally.

upload_2019-5-24_12-28-2.png

What this is telling me is that there is a clear and identifiable caloric intake that is ideal (for me, it's roughly 4000). This intake allows me to get waking temperatures of 98.6F (a marker of perfect health IMO).

postman

Look I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. Maybe they are telling the truth. I remember reading about this family maybe six months ago when Matt Stone featured them. All I could find was pictures of her, their story, and pictures of their kids playing video games. I want to walk you through my thinking so it doesn't seem like I am being just an ***hole. I am dedicated to finding the best methods of tackling health problems. So their story presents a conundrum.

I found these:
View attachment 13286

That is her 21 years ago.

View attachment 13287

This is her after 21 years and 2 kids.

Now is it possible that she is all natural and carnivore diet is the cause? Well yes it is possible. And if it is true, then my God we should be doing everything she is doing because she found the fountain of youth. If that is true right there, she is doing something incredibly right and I would want to know everything she does down to how she cuts her toe nails. How many people have you seen go through two decades and two kids and come out looking like that? I havent.

Or...or...she is maybe not being totally up front with what is going on behind the scenes. The internet is full of image and glam and people selling that. She has an etsy store apparently, although I could not find it. She could make far more money simply telling us how to stop aging.

So in my mind, I have to either believe her and take the carnivore diet seriously as a means of halting aging. Or I can believe Roddy, and the other stories about lowered metabolism, sky rocketing cholesterol, and emotional rollercoasters...and assume that this women is probably not telling the whole truth.

I have to protect my mental state, and that means assuming she is lying...sorry not sorry
wahh wahhh mommy why does she look so healthy she is not on the Best Diet:cry: MOOOOOOOOOMY SHES LYING BECAUSE DANNY RODDY IS RIGHT MOMMY CORTISOL!!!

Cirion

wahh wahhh mommy why does she look so healthy she is not on the Best Diet:cry: MOOOOOOOOOMY SHES LYING BECAUSE DANNY RODDY IS RIGHT MOMMY CORTISOL!!!

Well, again, appearances can be deceiving. Without data we can only speculate. Speculation is pointless. I no longer trust anything but cold hard data. Hypothesis can be useful (I have plenty of these) but they need to later be backed up by data. Data is truth. Data doesn't lie. Waking temperatures, pulses, weight change, macros, calories, micros, specific food choices, vitamins and minerals., sunlight, # hrs slept, water intake... etc etc etc...

somuch4food

One confounding factor I think we overlook in these communities are our minds. I think that's my next port of call. I've found the answers I was looking for after many years and many failures. Now it's time to focus on the thing my answers have given me control over. My mind.

I totally agree. It's not one way, the gut and the brain are interrelated and influence each other. You can heal somewhat on a bad diet when the mind is clear and you can heal on a great diet with a busy mind. Getting both of them in a good state is the epitome of health in my opinion.

After a year of playing around with multiple dietary factors, I have now returned to pretty much my childhood diet, minus most of the processed foods. I got there through intuitive eating. My childhood diet was pretty ok if you removed all the heavily marketed foods. I eat all the treats I ate before, but I mostly make them myself now. I only eat specific foods when I crave them not because it's in the pantry or because it's good for me or because I'm feeling stressed out.

I have finally gotten part of my brain back after some years of struggle over focusing at work and feel my next step must include lifestyle and habits changes to help manage the stress of daily life.

Procrastination and social anxiety are my main struggles.

Yi at LDT

This is what Keto/carnivore will do to your brain. What do you think Dr laquish thinks about his current state of health. I love his product, but, fucke me. Can he get a coherant semtence out? I wonder what he thinks he's doing wrong.. I wonder what the next goal is for him.

Yi at LDT

"What do you need antioxidants for if your not oxidising, you wouldn't"

All hail beetroot head

I wonder if pebbles is in a similar position, would love to hear her speak on an off day

postman

On the recent interview with RP on One Radio Network Ray reiterated his problem with carotene but said Animal source VA will not cause excess symptoms unless there is insufficient VE intake, which is also the cause of VA deficiency symptoms (the same). Garrett S has written about the importance of VE. Has anyone tried VE foods or supps for VA tox with any success?
Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D - The Latest Visit With Ray Peat Delivers The Goods - May 21, 2019 - One Radio Network
Interesting, do you have the timestamp for this question

Tarmander

This is what Keto/carnivore will do to your brain. What do you think Dr laquish thinks about his current state of health. I love his product, but, fucke me. Can he get a coherant semtence out? I wonder what he thinks he's doing wrong.. I wonder what the next goal is for him.

That was ahhhhh hard to watch.

How long has he been doing keto/carnivore?

Yi at LDT

Too long. At least as long as his product has been out. I've really enjoyed a lot of what he has put out in the false hoods of fitness series up until this point. This is just on another level.

Proximitey.

It just goes to show how much people can fake. He live streams this series. I'm sure if he didn't he would have done a second take and it would have been in accordamce with how highly he regards the carnicore diet/keto.

Who knows whats really going on with pebbles. Of course these things are individual but I think the point still stands. I wonder how she would fare on a live stream on an off day. Appearances are one thing..

Tarmander

@sunraiser

One other thing about the daily sun I get. My temps have dropped quite a bit. I have a waking temp of 97.4 and have not been able to budge that for years. Well not without doing crazy metabolic things that give me insomnia.

I tested my temp the other night before bed and it was 97 even. That is super low for night time, which should easily be 98.5 or above.

I don't feel cold, hands and feet are plenty warm and I am quite comfortable. So something about the sun drops temps for me at least. I have actually felt chills after coming out of a sun bathing session.

InChristAlone

@sunraiser

One other thing about the daily sun I get. My temps have dropped quite a bit. I have a waking temp of 97.4 and have not been able to budge that for years. Well not without doing crazy metabolic things that give me insomnia.

I tested my temp the other night before bed and it was 97 even. That is super low for night time, which should easily be 98.5 or above.

I don't feel cold, hands and feet are plenty warm and I am quite comfortable. So something about the sun drops temps for me at least. I have actually felt chills after coming out of a sun bathing session.
What about during the sunbathing? My temp always goes up in the sun. Haven't quantified what it does to waking though.

Tarmander

What about during the sunbathing? My temp always goes up in the sun. Haven't quantified what it does to waking though.
haven't tested it. But I am in AZ and it is hot. My heart beats rapidly when I am in the sun, so I imagine I am fairly heated up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals