Low Toxin Diet Simple steps to transition to a Low Toxin Diet/Way of Living

OP
M

mosaic01

Where are the Pubmed studies that prove that vit A is bad for liver studies?

Who needs pubmed studies when you have the scientific opinion of the European Union:

In its opinion of October 2022, the SCCS confirmed that the overall exposure of consumers to Vitamin A might exceed the upper limit determined by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), although cosmetics contribution is lower than other sources.

Furthermore, the SCCS identified maximum safe limits for the use of Vitamin A in cosmetic products. Consequently, the European Commission transposed them into the new draft regulation. The restrictions concern the following forms of Vitamin A: Retinol, Retinyl Acetate, and Retinyl Palmitate.

In 2002, the SCF reviewed possible adverse effects of long-term intake of retinol and retinylesters (SCF, 2002). The following adverse effects were identified: hepatotoxicity, changes in lipid metabolism and in bone density, and teratogenicity. The lowest continuous daily consumption in patients with cirrhosis was 7500 mg RE/day taken over 6 years. A case of cirrhosis from 7500 mg RE/day for 6 years has been reported (Kowalski et al., 1994), in which progressive liver failure led to the death of the patient.

The SCCS has considered that the teratogenic potential of Vitamin A, and effects on liver and local effects in the skin are the most critical toxicological endpoints.

On the basis of data from 12 dietary surveys in nine EU countries, Vitamin A intake was assessed and average intake ranged between 409 and 651 μg RE/day in children aged 1 to <3 years; between 607 and 889 μg RE/day in children aged 3 to <10 years; between 597 and 1078 μg RE/day in children aged 10 to <18 years; and between 816 and 1498μg RE/day in adults. Therefore exposure to Vitamin A via food may already be very closeto the UL and any additional source of exposure, including cosmetic products, may exceed this UL.

Last edited:

taralynne

Yes it does help. I try to hold it in my mouth on my lower teeth especially when I’m doing something else in the bathroom like curling my hair. And I will do a swish with it before brushing my teeth every night. I’ve noticed an improvement for sure! But I’d like to get to the root of the problem if it’s my liver. I used to always have very white teeth despite drinking coffee and wine.
The little changes I’ve noticed lately that seem concerning to me all seem to be related to this theory. I do not want to wait until things get worse.
I'm glad to hear that the peroxide is helping. I may give it a try too while I work on getting my liver sorted out.

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
@mosaic01 Where are the Pubmed studies that prove that vit A is bad for liver studies? Without RCT this theory is worthless
RCTs are how the powers that be keep the gate. Sorry, but anecdotal evidence about people reversing CKD and cirrhosis of the liver is quite compelling.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@mosaic01 Where are the Pubmed studies that prove that vit A is bad for liver studies? Without RCT this theory is worthless

LLight

Are you getting cold extremities during those episodes too? Does anything happen to your resting heart rate?
My resting heart rate is decreasing these days. I can also have cold feets very intermittently. I'm doing something that could help bile flow but I'm not sure.

What was your hypothesis exactly?

@mosaic01 Is there a particular reason for such a low dose of activated charcoal compared to multiple grams?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ah, interesting. I've been experiencing the opposite: a warmer core with colder extremities. As if my thyroid was improving but in a way that was also elevating cortisol. Not sure what to make of it.
I am finding that when I am detoxing metals really hard it will mess with my temps. I am also finding that vitamin B2 and selenium is the antidote for this.

Cold extremity is not always related to blood sugar/thyroid/but LOW cortisol so maybe the adrenals are compensating.

freyasam

Stop eating spices if you can. Especially chili, paprica, tomato, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
This one is hard... I love spice. beef, rice and beans w/o chili pepper can be pretty bland. are any herbs / spices ok in this approach?

Last edited:

InChristAlone

This one is hard... I love spice. beef, rice and beans w/o chili pepper can be pretty bland. are any herbs / spices ok in this approach?
I've been putting apple cider vinegar in my rice and beans and it made it so much better.

tallglass13

I use white pepper , garlic and onion powder. These have low carotenoids and low oxalates.

OP
M

mosaic01

@mosaic01 Is there a particular reason for such a low dose of activated charcoal compared to multiple grams?

Just my understanding that low doses are already very effective, and will lower potential side effects. Low doses throughout the day are better than large single doses for binding toxins, in general. Multiple grams of activated charcoal are for acute emergency issues, not for long-term detox.

I don't know what Dr. Smith thinks about this, I assume he avoids all spices. The list charlie shared of the low toxin diet excludes all spices, and this coincides well with my own thoughts and experience with spices during the last year.

So generally, spices are not ok with this approach. But there's probably a bit more nuance to this, some spices are better, some are worse.

I think all kinds of pepper are toxic due to piperine, it really messes with the liver. Capsaicin from chili is also a toxin. I think the hot spices are the problem here. One can get addicted to hot spices.

The carotene content of a gram of hot spices like cayenne or chili is not that large when you calculate it. The issue is more related to spices simply exhibiting pharmaceutical effects, rather than nutritional effects. But the same thing applies here as usual - the carotene content of all kinds of foods adds up, and spices can contribute to the burden when ingested daily in large amounts.

I think the green herbs commonly used throughout Europe may generally be more gentle on the liver than the hot spices from Asia. Until 100 years ago, many Europeans only used salt, and maybe some green garden herbs. I remember Paul Jaminet posted research showing that people eating hot spices have lower incidences of gut and brain infections, so it's not black and white.

I was talking with someone who grew up on the countryside in central Europe, and she said that even 50 years ago it was normal to only use salt. When everyone was able to buy all kinds of exotic spices in the stores, people started to use more and more. The number of different spices you can buy today is absurd. Eating has become a fetish.

Loving spices is mostly something that we have been conditioned to, as the taste buds adapt. When you go half a year without spices, you will realize that even small amounts of spices taste extremely spicy, and large amounts feel repelling. Bland foods will taste more nuanced, and you will taste the food itself.

Hot spices have a numbing effect and we have been numbed to death.

I think we are rediscovering the old Christian way of life. There are basically two ways, one of purification and moving closer towards god, and the other is the way of the pagans, which relies on using mind altering drugs.

The rise of the Venetian nobility that is at the roots at the secret families that rule our world was mostly funded by the spice trade from Asia. Venice long held the monopoly on black pepper trade.

From "Tastes of Paradise":

Venice became the chief transfer point in Europe. Its heyday closely coincided with the period when Europe consumed the greatest amount of pepper, from the twelfth ceptury to the sixteenth. With the profits from the spice trade the Venetian wholesale merchants built their marble palaces. The splendid architecture of Venice, flamboyantly displaying its oriental influence, became a sort of monument to the spice trade and its accrued profits. Venice marks both the high point and the decline of the medieval spice trade.

More and more, feudal lords developed a lifestyle intended to increase the distance between them and their subjects. (...) it was not essentially an indigenous product, but an import, obtained from the same source that supplied those spices which were themselves a significant, indeed perhaps the most significant, element in this cultural change. Like the spices, all the other trappings of this new upper-class culture came from the Orient. (...) Essentially it can be described as a full-scale refurbishing of the life of the upper classes: they dressed in new materials, refurnished residential quarters in the new style, and even "disguised" the native foods with oriental seasonings. (...)
It would be accurate to speak of a borrowed culture.
Pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg were status symbols for the ruling class, emblems of power which were displayed and then consumed. The moderation or excess with which they were served attested to the host's social rank

After a few hundred years of flooding the market with pepper, the Venetians had now made Europe dependent on it:

Thus the great voyages of exploration, the discovery of the New World, the beginning of the modern age, were all closely linked to the European hunger for pepper. This hunger became a driving force in history the moment obstacles arose to interfere with its satisfaction. The taste for pepper showed symptoms of having become an addiction. Once habituated to the spices of India, Europe was ready to do anything to gratify its craving. In the ensuing quest for a sea route to India, land of pepper, the discovery of the New World was, more or less, a by-product.
Like the money economy, the spice trade had entered the pores of the still-existing old order, already busily contributing to that society's dissolution. The hunger for spices, itself a specific medieval taste, was operating similarly. In its own way, still embedded in the religious conceptions of medieval Christianity, this taste crossed the old boundaries. A peculiarly medieval longing for faraway places - the longing we have seen for the Paradise they thought could be tasted in the spices.

Pepper was the primary symbol for the Pagan life, and for the new influence that slowly destroyed the Christian life in Europe.

Perhaps Henry Hobhouse summarized the effects of spices popularity in Medieval Europe best, when he wrote, “The starting point for European expansion had nothing to do with the rise of any religion or the rise of capitalism – but it had a great deal to do with pepper.”

Spices are a symbol for the illusion of European Christian culture that the "lost paradise" or "golden age" could be found in the east by indulging in exotic spices and in the exotic lifestyle. The only result was numbness and excess, though.
The one thing that pepper, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, saffron, and a whole series of other spices had in common was their non-European origin. They all came from the Far East. India and the Moluccas were the chief regions for spices. But that's only a prosaic description of their geographic origin. For the people of the Middle Ages, spices were emissaries from a fabled world. Pepper, they imagined, grew, rather like a bamboo forest, on a plain near Paradise. Ginger and cinnamon were hauled in by Egyptian fishermen casting nets into the floodwaters of the Nile, which in turn had carried them straight from Paradise. The aroma of spices was believed to be a breath wafted from Paradise over the human world.

The above was not the opinion of the common folk. Rather it came from the propagandist medieval authors paid by the Venetians to sell us those toxic spices.

Last edited:

FitnessMike

@mosaic01 can you tell us what improvements have you experienced from adapting the mentioned changes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals