My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 91
1655730984167.png

This has been the best week of the diet. The stool has been perfect for five days or so. It is brown, big, has a smooth surface, sinks, the end is cone-like and no need to wipe. Eczema outbreaks happen, but on minor surface areas and eczematic skin on both hands is now a bit red, but healed a lot. Angular cheilitis isn´t currently red. Sleep is great. I have started to get a feeling of warmth into my hands after a meal.

But the sceletal and muscle problems are getting worse and worse it is becoming harder to hold the body straight. This is caused by sensory problems, spondylolisthesis, Scheuermann´s disease and deviated septum and it´s failed surgeries. At least that is what I think.

Hoping I can at least heal my eczema with this diet.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Max23

Max23

Nice! Did you end up adding beans?
I did beans with every meal for five days, until a pimples outbreak. It helped to fix the stool and I think also with eczema. I still eat beans practically every day, but not with every meal. I am hoping to find a sweet spot, which is beans helping to excrete bile and not causing pimples. Right now a more modest approach seems to work.

orangebear

Day 91
View attachment 38156
This has been the best week of the diet. The stool has been perfect for five days or so. It is brown, big, has a smooth surface, sinks, the end is cone-like and no need to wipe. Eczema outbreaks happen, but on minor surface areas and eczematic skin on both hands is now a bit red, but healed a lot. Angular cheilitis isn´t currently red. Sleep is great. I have started to get a feeling of warmth into my hands after a meal.

But the sceletal and muscle problems are getting worse and worse it is becoming harder to hold the body straight. This is caused by sensory problems, spondylolisthesis, Scheuermann´s disease and deviated septum and it´s failed surgeries. At least that is what I think.

Hoping I can at least heal my eczema with this diet.
Bone and teeth problems are certainly the thing that got worse for me on low VA as well. I got some coral calcium in the mail yesterday and will experiment with that, along with vitamin K2, and see how it goes.

I know Garrett smith says we don’t need to consume much calcium and that detoxing VA should normalize calcium metabolism, but that position fails to take into account what to do in the meantime while you’re fixing your calcium metabolism. If it’s deranged enough, your bone diseases can progress significantly while you are working on the VA toxicity. I would imagine that trying to support calcium metabolism in the meantime, even as a crutch, isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

OP
Max23

Max23

I completed my experiment and am proud of it. It could have been more strictly followed, but it wasn´t very easy, but not too hard either. The beginning was difficult, but I managed to push through. All in all some markers I set improved, especially angular cheilitis, state of the prostate, eczema and stool. I managed to get some new information about problematic foods, such as minced beef, gluten-free bread and oat bran porridge. Also learned a lot about low vitamin A nutrition.

While it was a successful experiment, I still have many health problems, which I think are more of structural, spinal origin. My overall health is bad and degenerating still. So in those terms this diet offers little. But also a longer experiment is needed and I will continue with this diet until improving or until no improvement happens over a longer period of time. Also I do aknowledge a more restrictive or a more elimination type diet of low vitamin A is required to learn more and be true to it´s origin. Food in particular I couldn´t manage to tackle were honey, coffee, sweets, fennel tea, occasional cookies with cocoa. While I mostly ate chicken, potatoes, rice, beef ham, canned beef, gluten-free bread, jam, honey, coffee, some fish, some mussels, pears, little apples, bananas, other white vegetables.

Drinking hot water was beneficial for digestion, but I started having facial flushing and so I limited it ti two times per day.

So I am glad I did it and for people with skin problems, intestinal problems and other problems that can be connected to vitamin A, this diet is worth giving a shot at.

A few days ago I got access to Love Your Liver network and I will be researching it.

1656680637303.png

InChristAlone

Drinking hot things can also cause flushing for me too. Could increase histamine release.

OP
Max23

Max23

Drinking hot things can also cause flushing for me too. Could increase histamine release.
Interestingly the amount or cumulative effect is in play here. When I drink a tea, coffee or even two litres of hot water a day, nothing happens, but when I drink the same amount the next day as well, I get the effect.

Eberhardt

hope you will have success. after a couple of years I feel it more strongly - it takes time to undo decades and as long as the retinol is still in the body it contiunes to break things down. I have a feeling from what you describe about cocoa that you might have some copper issue. According to dr.Smith it helps getting enough zinc and avoiding A and high copper foods. But I cant really say if this is true or not. I do belive theres something there as I used to eat a lot of chocolate before going low A and now it doesnt work well for more then a few hours. I know at least that A does influence copper/zinc metabolism,

OP
Max23

Max23

hope you will have success. after a couple of years I feel it more strongly - it takes time to undo decades and as long as the retinol is still in the body it contiunes to break things down. I have a feeling from what you describe about cocoa that you might have some copper issue. According to dr.Smith it helps getting enough zinc and avoiding A and high copper foods. But I cant really say if this is true or not. I do belive theres something there as I used to eat a lot of chocolate before going low A and now it doesnt work well for more then a few hours. I know at least that A does influence copper/zinc metabolism,
Thank you! I eat very small amounts of that cocoa and have been low chocolate for a few years because it mostly has gluten in it or is very expensive. But once I thought I had Wilson´s disease so I think copper toxicity might be at play here as well. I´ll probably order some products from Smith or if not from him then zinc and molybdenum (which I have never tried) from someone definitely.

OP
Max23

Max23

I also wanted to add that I still think most of my problems come from spinal defects from growing (which might come from a combination of genes and toxins, maybe vitamin A, since Scheurmann´s disease is osteoporosis of youth or a form of rickets. I never was vitamin D deficient as a child, ate large quantities and drank a litre of milk at once. So maybe vitamin A caused it since it wreaks havoc on bones and is tetragenic), spondylolisthesis, abnormal connection of the skull and spine, astigmatism and a deviated septum. I had a nose surgery last year and my muscle and spine got massively better, but the nose redeviated and is now worse. I am dreaming of a rhinoplasty and really think it could greatly improve my health, but it costs 3500 euros and is very difficult to accomplish due to my bad health. But I think it is important to get my health back because otherwise, my jaw is locked, left side of the neck is spastic and the left side of the back, I can´t move the right side of the mouth well, tilt my head to the left, left abdomen muscles are stuck and leg asymmetry is worsening a lot. The surgery also greatly improved muscle contraction, function, I didn´t have to exercise muscles every day and even improved some digestive problems, since it is connected with the nervous system.

Just wanted to tell what I currently think my main problem with health is in case people are wondering about that.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Your measures did get better. I don't know if you have said how much magnesium you get. But with all your musculature problems maybe you need more. I was using Magnoil but had to quit due to insomnia that I think the end product caused. Now I am using magnesium oil spray. It is sticky but other than that it is a great way to get magnesium to specific locations that hurt or seem stiff. It also doesn't cause bowel problems so I recommend it.

OP
Max23

Max23

Your measures did get better. I don't know if you have said how much magnesium you get. But with all your musculature problems maybe you need more. I was using Magnoil but had to quit due to insomnia that I think the end product caused. Now I am using magnesium oil spray. It is sticky but other than that it is a great way to get magnesium to specific locations that hurt or seem stiff. It also doesn't cause bowel problems so I recommend it.
My magnesium consumption should be about the daily requirement. I occasionally drink magnesium citrate and use magnesium oil, but both of them make eczema worse, but are definitely beneficial in other ways. I wish there was an ideal product.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I can see where magnesium oil would be a skin irritant. I don't see anything in your food list that causes skin problems for me except maybe the ham. I notice my knuckles can crack and bleed if I eat pork of any kind.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve noticed I feel better with some calcium too. I have osteoporosis though so I’m playing it safe and using eggshells.

Eberhardt

I can see where magnesium oil would be a skin irritant. I don't see anything in your food list that causes skin problems for me except maybe the ham. I notice my knuckles can crack and bleed if I eat pork of any kind.
Yeah. I dont have proof but supposedly theres a lot of A in ham...i cant have more than a mouthful anymore

aniciete

Yet another person reacting to ground beef. Having a ground beef based diet is asking for B2 deficiency, copper deficiency, histamine intolerance problems. It a subpar problematic food and even fresh whole beef shouldn't be a daily staple. The only reason it doesn't have a reputation as such is all the people that tolerate it are louder about it than everyone else
What kind of meats should be staples then? It seems like the only kind of meat with decent amount of B2 would be organs which cause their own issues. Egg whites and dairy have b2 but are also top allergens for many people.

youngsinatra

What kind of meats should be staples then? It seems like the only kind of meat with decent amount of B2 would be organs which cause their own issues. Egg whites and dairy have b2 but are also top allergens for many people.
White button mushrooms have a good amount of B2 according to cronometer. I include it in my diet, mixes and tastes well with any type of meat :)

aniciete

White button mushrooms have a good amount of B2 according to cronometer. I include it in my diet, mixes and tastes well with any type of meat :)
Oh wow I just looked on cronometer and didn’t realize mushrooms actually have a pretty good amount of b vitamins. I’ve actually tried eating them a couple times and for whatever reason they give me bloodshot eyes and achy joints.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals