My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

Nomane Euger

I´m guessing you´ll do fads until they really hurt you. If you continue to take progesterone, you´ll diminish your penis and the iodine in thyroid will hurt the prostate. If some things worked for you, doesn´t mean they will for anyone else.

I think carrots hurt the gut. Liver is an organ that stores toxins, eating it makes no sense. I don´t think people need much calcium. About the phosphorus:calcium ratio, I don´t know. Maybe Garrett Smith does.
hi,are you talking to someone?

B

BRBsavinWorld

You seem to have not sincerely researched, or heard, the body of evidence for the methods as advised by Ray Peat.

I´m guessing you´ll do fads until they really hurt you.
the milk that my grandparents and all ancestors consumed by the gallon is not a fad. neither are Carrots, olive oil, and B vitamins.

I'm getting resolutions for issues I've suffered for decades; I'm running to no fad.

If you continue to take progesterone, you´ll diminish your penis
I specifically wrote the above in italics, because of this gross misunderstanding of the research. When you balance progesterone with DHEA, it removes these negative effects. Don’t take it chronically, or if so, there are methods of rationing it’s use, and there is a lot of research put into this, on this website...
I can personally attest to this, as well as many other men... no changes lol.

and the iodine in thyroid will hurt the prostate.
people were consuming the thyroid of animals killed, until about 50 years ago in America. It is a very anglo-centric thing to not have some dish containing thyroid gland, whether it be fish head soup, sausage, chicken/turkey necks, burgers, or all remaining flesh scraps tossed into a soup/balogne/head-cheese, etc.

Ray Has greatly emphasized the dangers of excess iodine, and how it's used in the body, and how to supplement thyroid itself.

If some things worked for you, doesn´t mean they will for anyone else.
thousands of others in the Peat sphere

I think carrots hurt the gut.
You are certainly welcome to share your reasons as to why you think so. I would be interested in hearing any fact or even anecdote you have as to why? Certainly, too much fiber is problematic; I don't think I've ever come across Ray advocating that ever increasing roughage as synonymous with increased gut health, but that one must be methodical, and perhaps surgical with their use of fiber, as he’s certainly done with the carrot salad, and as very many people have attested to.

A very vital addition to gut health, is balancing collagen with protein in the diet. working up to a 1:1 ratio of gelatin with my proteins, has greatly improved my gut. B vitamins also help.

Liver is an organ that stores toxins, eating it makes no sense.
It does not store toxins.

I don´t think people need much calcium. About the phosphorus:calcium ratio, I don´t know. Maybe Garrett Smith does.

consider mega-dosing B1 (thiamine)

Quelsatron

@Josiah Baldwin I have tried a lot of the Peat stuff over the years and they make things worse and I dove into Peat and Haidut four years ago and know most of what they talk about. Dairy for me is out of the question, I have low iron, consider liver as food that should not be eaten and progesterone and DHEA are just nasty.

@Blossom I have tried psyllium and did so recently. It causes pebble poop and constipation. Maybe I have a bad product. Garrett Smith says there is a difference between different products, I have only tried one.
If you have low iron, why not consume blood? You can make tasty dishes with it.

Quelsatron

hearts can be nice too
Sure, but blood is incredibly high in iron, half a litre has 12 times the rda, and it's not a very large serving (i made blood pancake that was enough for like 4 medium portions on that amount)

InChristAlone

I started doing warm not quite hot water in the morning with ACV and honey and it seemed to help me digest. I think I've developed some new stomach issues though. Can't really figure it all out yet. I think it was bad for histamine intolerance. I honestly always feel best just having grape juice with meals and not having much water but that's been a habit for many years so might be hard to stop! Some things about the Ray Peat diet seem to really work and then others seem to just harm the liver over time.

Korven

I started doing warm not quite hot water in the morning with ACV and honey and it seemed to help me digest. I think I've developed some new stomach issues though. Can't really figure it all out yet. I think it was bad for histamine intolerance. I honestly always feel best just having grape juice with meals and not having much water but that's been a habit for many years so might be hard to stop! Some things about the Ray Peat diet seem to really work and then others seem to just harm the liver over time.

I didn't drink much water for years thinking it was going to harm my metabolism. I only got liquids from coffee and juice and milk etc. I now feel like that was a huge mistake and that drinking water has an important role for digestive, liver and kidney health. Since I started drinking 2 liters of hot water per day my health has improved in so many ways. Maybe drinking tons of cold liquids in a hypothyroid state is bad but sipping on some warm water shouldn't crash ones metabolism IMO. Have you ever tried drinking just plain warm water, no honey, no ACV between meals?

InChristAlone

I didn't drink much water for years thinking it was going to harm my metabolism. I only got liquids from coffee and juice and milk etc. I now feel like that was a huge mistake and that drinking water has an important role for digestive, liver and kidney health. Since I started drinking 2 liters of hot water per day my health has improved in so many ways. Maybe drinking tons of cold liquids in a hypothyroid state is bad but sipping on some warm water shouldn't crash ones metabolism IMO. Have you ever tried drinking just plain warm water, no honey, no ACV between meals?
I have yet to try, this morning I did about 3 ounces of warm water. I struggle to want water! I do think I pee more frequently on just water.

Korven

I have yet to try, this morning I did about 3 ounces of warm water. I struggle to want water! I do think I pee more frequently on just water.

Yeah probably best to not force anything. A couple of ounces sounds like a good idea to begin with! Cold water also makes me pee, whereas hot or warm water makes me hot.

OP
Max23

Max23

If you have low iron, why not consume blood? You can make tasty dishes with it.
It is hard to get. There is a national dish - blood sausage in my country. Very tasty.

hearts can be nice too
I have some chicken hearts in my freezer. I think they could be nicely added to the diet and be quite tasty.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just a friendly reminder. Hot water from a hot water tank can be filled with heavy metals from the tank itself. Would be better to pull from the cold tap and then heat your water.

OP
Max23

Max23

@Josiah Baldwin Genau!
@charlie I use bottled water and heat it. Have fixed my bloody rectum with it and am quite happy about it. Which was caused by too mineralized, heavy metalized tap water.

OP
Max23

Max23

I used to pee more than I consumed and was afraid this method will make it even worse. But it didn´t. For my size, 86 kilos, 2 litres of plain water per day (water requirement calculator says my liquid intake requirement per day is 2,3 litres) is just enough (so I guess the amount consumed can be adjusted to body weight). If no water is drunk with meals. I also think timing is important, that is about 1,5 hours before a meal, then it will get the juices going. Important is also that the body is not in an negative energy state, for it wouldn´t throw the water out. And regularity so the body knows that food is coming after the water and starts anticipating food with secreting gastric juices. And doesn´t expect a starvation situation. Also the body doesn´t throw out hot water versus cold water because it doesn´t have to heat it to body temperature and thusly lose energy.

Unfortunately for me I mostly do warm water two times a day because of facial flushing, which indicates an estrogenic reaction or cholestasis, maybe the reason is mechanical. But the method is definitely worth a shot.

Quelsatron

It is hard to get. There is a national dish - blood sausage in my country. Very tasty.

I have some chicken hearts in my freezer. I think they could be nicely added to the diet and be quite tasty.
what country? you could contact either the meat section or a butcher and ask them to get some for you, if there is nothing directly available.

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 83
Not much to report the diet and symptoms are mostly the same.
1655038485377.png

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
There has been some discussion of Karen Hurd's bean protocol on the Vitamin A Grant Gennereux thread. I have added 1/2 cup of beans 5 times a day and it has helped me. It might be something to look into after you have completed the 98 days.

OP
Max23

Max23

There has been some discussion of Karen Hurd's bean protocol on the Vitamin A Grant Gennereux thread. I have added 1/2 cup of beans 5 times a day and it has helped me. It might be something to look into after you have completed the 98 days.
I have been taking beans for three days or so in a row with every meal, two tablespoons or more at once. It makes the stool bigger. Also caused an outbreak of pimples with a white head. The stool is very pale for some reason as well.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I have been taking beans for three days or so in a row with every meal, two tablespoons or more at once. It makes the stool bigger. Also caused an outbreak of pimples with a white head. The stool is very pale for some reason as well.
I guess the bacteria have to adjust to the new food and some reactions might occur like the pimples. But I would continue for at least 2 or 3 weeks. From what I understand Hurd to propose is that if your skin is inflamed your intestines probably are, too. And it may take awhile to heal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals