Low Toxin Diet Low "vitamin A" & Low Toxin Diet Food List

Peater

Sorry this isn't the right thread, I was just so excited when I made the connection I wanted to write down ASAP.

DennisX

@charlie, you din't mention organic tofu or organic soybeans. What about organic soybean isolate powder and grass fed whey isolate powder?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie Are you aware of Dr Smith's thoughts on B6?
I am and I agree with him that supplemented B6 is a toxin.
@charlie, you din't mention organic tofu or organic soybeans. What about organic soybean isolate powder and grass fed whey isolate powder?
Anything soybean I stay far away from.

Peater

I am and I agree with him that supplemented B6 is a toxin.
Well I have nothing to lose from trying to deplete it somewhat. I will be a 'convert' if this works. I don't want to get too excited just yet, had many false hopes. In the video he mentions taurine as binding to aldehydes which mercifully I have been taking, so hopefully they've balanced each other out somewhat! Do you think a B6 'detox' would have increased symptoms, as with vA?

Just one more question, do you think it accumulates in the same way as vA, over years? (I am thinking of water vs fat soluble)

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well I have nothing to lose from trying to deplete it somewhat. I will be a 'convert' if this works. I don't want to get too excited just yet, had many false hopes.
It will work. When you fix the liver it fixes everything.
Just one more question, do you think it accumulates in the same way as vA, over years? (I am thinking of water vs fat soluble)
Smith has said it accumulates in the nerve endings, if I remember correctly.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

J.R.K

No worries. I do not consume any dairy.
If you don’t mind Charlie, what is the position on calcium for this protocol. I see iceberg lettuce on the list, and butter. But I am wondering about the concept of calcium to phosphorus ratio and your position now?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
But I am wondering about the concept of calcium to phosphorus ratio and your position now?
Chasing the calcium/phosphorus ratio did not do anything for me so I do not concern myself with it at all now. Smith has seen I think at least 3 of his clients now with confirmed improved dexa scans. And people are testing fine on their PTH. Many things that looked good on paper/studies did not pan out for me in real life.

Last edited:

Ringleader

Forum Supporter
@charlie thanks for this thread. I am curious as to your thoughts on how this diet differs from Peat's basic diet, especially the diary.

What is it about diary that causes toxicity? Or does it simply inhibit the detoxing process and is okay if you are completely detoxed?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"ideally, the main staple for this diet is beef and ether organic oats, psyllium fiber, barley, dark rye, black turtle beans, or White navy beans... it's similar to the old testament diet" -Pierre

Elie

Forum Supporter
Here is a good starting point for a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet. A slow transition is always best, it took me awhile kick my fruit juice habit, it was literally the last thing I dropped and then saw the greatest advance in healing. If you jump in all the way be aware of detox events that can happen. These will feel like flu symptoms from the liver pumping out the toxins since it realizes it is not getting poisoned anymore and is ready to start the cleansing process.Things like charcoal can help with the symptoms.
I got some Questions if that is ok:
1. If blood levels of vitamin A are not a food indication of liver stores then what's a good way to test tissue stores?
2. How are toxicity symptoms determined? by matching symptoms to blood levels or anything else?
3. This one is related to your health improvement journey - how much protein do you consume on average?

TripleOG

Guys have you seen this. In the first ten minutes he just attacks us "Peaters" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

View: https://youtu.be/i-m9ae5fd0s?si=sqYBuZ7kt7YJcpWH

Seems Iike Garrett Smith is getting ex-Peaters that give him the impression “Ray Peat inspired” = heavy on liver and VitA supps, among other VitA heavy food items.

Makes you wonder just how many people fell for the meme/forum diet instead of taking what Ray said in context.

InChristAlone

Seems Iike Garrett Smith is getting ex-Peaters that give him the impression “Ray Peat inspired” = heavy on liver and VitA supps, among other VitA heavy food items.

Makes you wonder just how many people fell for the meme/forum diet instead of taking what Ray said in context.
People keep accusing us that we blame Ray, but here's one example, he definitely recommended to eat 4 ounces of liver per week.

TripleOG

People keep accusing us that we blame Ray, but here's one example, he definitely recommended to eat 4 ounces of liver per week.

He did, but I never considered 4oz/week as "really pushing it" as Smith frames it. Smith also seems under the impressions (from assumed ex-Peat clients) that VitA supplements are pushed as well. Yet another example of “Ray Peat Inspired” eating vs “Ray Peat Forum Inspired” eating lol because we all know Ray wasn’t fond of VitA supps.

Ray always tied VitA intake to thyroid/metabolic health. The better the health, the more VitA you can take/tolerate. And vice versa. He acknowledged VitA in excess was anti-thyroid, which translates to degenerative. If someone comes here in poor health and throws caution to the wind… well… it’s no surprise health may goes worsen. This goes for all things “Peat-inspired.”

I’m not saying “Peating” is flawless, either. I’ve had to adjust some things too.

pepsi

@charlie What do you think of Dr Peats theory that complex carbs (rice, bread, oats) are the cause of cardiovascular atherosclerotic disease because the large carb molecules are able to pass through the intestines and into the bloodstream without being broken down since the intestines increase in intestinal permeability as we get older? Therefore, he said fat such as butter should be eaten with complex carbs to slow the digestion and release into the bloodstream. I see you advocate rice, oats, bread and low fat.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie What do you think of Dr Peats theory that complex carbs (rice, bread, oats) are the cause of cardiovascular atherosclerotic disease because the large carb molecules are able to pass through the intestines and into the bloodstream without being broken down since the intestines increase in intestinal permeability as we get older? Therefore, he said fat such as butter should be eaten with complex carbs to slow the digestion and release into the bloodstream. I see you advocate rice, oats, bread and low fat.
The intestines increase permeability as we get older because we become more and more "vitamin A" toxic. Stop poisoning ourselves and we don't have to worry about that.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Another incredible post by @mosaic01. It's definitely a must read for those interested:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals