Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Can anybody tell me briefly why copper is considered toxic if certain enzymes like MAOA and DAO need copper as a cofactor? I have high serotonin and high histamine and would like to take vitamin c and copper since it helps both of these enzymes to function. Unsure about the copper, would taking the “bioavailable” mito copper keep it from accumulating to toxic levels?

Is it that you actually don’t want to increase DAO? Are histamine reactions actually detox reactions?
If you look up copper hepatotoxicity or Wilson's disease, you will find studies on how copper build up is damaging to health.

That of course does not mean that copper is useless and only toxic but does sow caution on increasing liver copper without knowing how high your present levels are - which would require liver biopsy, which isn't feasible...

You've got to be careful you won't do something that is short term good, long term bad...

mattmm24

Can anybody tell me briefly why copper is considered toxic if certain enzymes like MAOA and DAO need copper as a cofactor? I have high serotonin and high histamine and would like to take vitamin c and copper since it helps both of these enzymes to function. Unsure about the copper, would taking the “bioavailable” mito copper keep it from accumulating to toxic levels?

Is it that you actually don’t want to increase DAO? Are histamine reactions actually detox reactions?
You need a hair test to know what to take. If your sodium/potassium ratio is greater than 2.5 you take zinc only. Lower you take zinc, copper, b6 vitamin c. Zinc lowers s/p copper manganese raise it

mattmm24

I’ve taken mito copper. Doesn’t work when you need zinc. There used to be a Facebook group for it. This older woman swears on it, but then mentions she takes 50 mg of zinc daily. I won’t say it’s a scam. But there are other types of copper that work fine. They’ll tell you, you need copper 1.

mosaic01

These enzymes may need copper (at least, they have copper inside them), but there is no evidence that copper actually boosts the enzyme activity.

Controlled experiments with supplemental copper have failed to show an increase in DAO. That's why oxidase enzyme activity is not an accepted marker for copper deficiency.

In fact, supplementing copper does neither affect SOD nor DAO:

The copper requirement appears to be extremely low.

Something is not quite right with copper supplementaiton, since any diet has easily 0.5mg copper, sufficient to meat any needs.

Health does not depend on nutrients or supplements, but on a body free of toxins and a healthy metabolism.

Last edited:

Apple

1715860161849.png

Validus

My post of that video was more a curiosity. Does vitamin A have utility because it can help eradicate cancer or is it a poison because it can eradicate cancer, like chemotherapy?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals