Low Toxin Logs Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

mosaic01

This is not true. I posted it in the other thread, I'm gonna post it here as well:

He definitely said to only take cypro short-term at one point. It's not like he doesn't contradict himself in emails here and there. I can't find the source though.

"Peat has said that any of the antiserotonin drugs will eventually cause side effects. The studies I have seen seem to back this claim, with even cyproheptadine causing elevated liver enzymes in some people after prolonged use." - haidut

But it doesn't matter in the end. Ray Peat is not the authority on what constitutes a safe medications and he was on the wrong track with his focus on symptom treatment.

Cyproheptadine goes into the nervous system and changes brain chemistry, it causes liver injury. There's no good reason to take it beyond emergency situations.

"The mere treatment of symptoms, without a detailed assessment of other conditions and contextual understandings, has potential pitfalls. Both common and serious adverse effects are associated with cyproheptadine, and monitoring the metabolic profile remains critical even when the benefits outweigh the risks."

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is not true. I posted it in the other thread, I'm gonna post it here as well:
"Regarding Peat and his recommendation: I have asked him, and he said that doses like 5-6mg are probably safe over a long time. He added that some people he knew needed doses of up to 24mg to feel right again."
Ray Peat has said time and time again that any antiserotonin type medication is going to cause issues eventually. And they do that because they are toxic.

WonMore

He definitely said to only take cypro short-term at one point. It's not like he doesn't contradict himself in emails here and there. I can't find the source though.

"Peat has said that any of the antiserotonin drugs will eventually cause side effects. The studies I have seen seem to back this claim, with even cyproheptadine causing elevated liver enzymes in some people after prolonged use." - haidut

But it doesn't matter in the end. Ray Peat is not the authority on what constitutes a safe medications and he was on the wrong track with his focus on symptom treatment.

Cyproheptadine goes into the nervous system and changes brain chemistry, it causes liver injury. There's no good reason to take it beyond emergency situations.

"The mere treatment of symptoms, without a detailed assessment of other conditions and contextual understandings, has potential pitfalls. Both common and serious adverse effects are associated with cyproheptadine, and monitoring the metabolic profile remains critical even when the benefits outweigh the risks."

Ray Peat has said time and time again that any antiserotonin type medication is going to cause issues eventually. And they do that because they are toxic.
I've found the quote for you:

shepherdgirl

I have heard that water sitting in copper pipes all day can pick up copper, and that you should run the water a bit (collect it for some other use) before getting water for drinking from the tap. Also I would think that hot water would have more copper than cold. Even if you use a filter, it still might be a good idea. If you have acidic water this can be especially bad! - does your sink have green copper stains?? Beware!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals