L-Dopa/Mucuna Pruriens

Other:
Probiotics
coq10
Digestive Enzymes/proteolytic Enzymes
PQQ
mitoq
D-Ribose

Any opinions am I missing any important supplements?

vulture

Main thing missing is: why taking X supplement? I mean, I wouldn't take Zinc since I eat oysters. What are you trying to do?

BTW, what you felt on Mucuna?

OP
M

member 6316

Main thing missing is: why taking X supplement? I mean, I wouldn't take Zinc since I eat oysters. What are you trying to do?

BTW, what you felt on Mucuna?
zinc,magnesium and vitamin d are the 3 only proven to increase testosterone & most people are deficient in these 3.

mucuna I felt a dopamine kick

dbh25

You should be trying to take as few supplements as possible, not add more to the collection.
What are bare minimums for supplements? Vit. D & K?

What supplements have people taken where they actually feel an improvement?

raypeatclips

What are bare minimums for supplements? Vit. D & K?

What supplements have people taken where they actually feel an improvement?

Getting blood tests and going from there might be good. Or maybe getting all the "Peat supps", trying them all individually and then seeing your reactions. OP is taking nearly 30 things, how can they know what is doing what, making them feel like what? I would bet OP could take out most of their supplements and not feel any different, other than a heavier wallet.

Bare minimum would be absolutely nothing, in an ideal world. I have seen Peat mention things like sugar and salt as supplements, but I don't really consider them supplements. A nutritious diet, egg yolks, liver, mushrooms, oysters, seafood regularly probably removes the need for a lot of supplements. Sun exposure, or otherwise UVB lamp should have vitamin D covered. Then red light when it gets to winter would be good.

Everyone has individual sensitivities and deficiencies though, and deficiencies should be corrected, but working out which deficiencies you have, is another matter.

Why OP is taking things such as krill oil, while regularly posting on this forum is beyond me.

dbh25

Getting blood tests and going from there might be good. Or maybe getting all the "Peat supps", trying them all individually and then seeing your reactions. OP is taking nearly 30 things, how can they know what is doing what, making them feel like what? I would bet OP could take out most of their supplements and not feel any different, other than a heavier wallet.

Bare minimum would be absolutely nothing, in an ideal world. I have seen Peat mention things like sugar and salt as supplements, but I don't really consider them supplements. A nutritious diet, egg yolks, liver, mushrooms, oysters, seafood regularly probably removes the need for a lot of supplements. Sun exposure, or otherwise UVB lamp should have vitamin D covered. Then red light when it gets to winter would be good.

Everyone has individual sensitivities and deficiencies though, and deficiencies should be corrected, but working out which deficiencies you have, is another matter.

Why OP is taking things such as krill oil, while regularly posting on this forum is beyond me.
I have tested borderline low for zinc and magnesium. My Vit. D was low years ago, I supplemented and now it is around 50 ng/ml. But do I feel that much better? And how does taking it in pill form interact with vitamins obtained from foods?

OP
M

member 6316

i tested 1 supplement at a time and worked my way up.
yes i do post here sometimes but i never read anything about raypeat suggestions etc..
I do wanna decrease the amounts of supps i take.. but im still open for new suggestions of supplements. I avoid herbs etc I rather take something that already exists within my body.

Have you had blood tests for zinc, magnesium, or vitamin D, before you started supplementing?
no

raypeatclips

but i never read anything about raypeat suggestions etc..

Why not post somewhere else then? What is the point of you being here? (Serious questions.)

I have tested borderline low for zinc and magnesium. My Vit. D was low years ago, I supplemented and now it is around 50 ng/ml. But do I feel that much better? And how does taking it in pill form interact with vitamins obtained from foods?

Do you feel much better? I used to ask myself the same question when I took loads of supplements.

dbh25

Do you feel much better? I used to ask myself the same question when I took loads of supplements.
I am asking myself this question a lot lately. And how does taking a pill of an isolated substance, compare with obtaining it from real food? Vit. D & K seem to be the ones where I feel a difference.

raypeatclips

I am asking myself this question a lot lately. And how does taking a pill of an isolated substance, compare with obtaining it from real food? Vit. D & K seem to be the ones where I feel a difference.

I always think food contains a lot of the co factors for things that keep everything in balance. How oysters has zinc and copper, and people taking zinc for extended periods often start talking about issues with copper. Liver containing A as well as a whole host of other B vitamins, and I believe peat thinks it contains E and K that isn't reported on the usual nutrition websites. I think if someone has a verified deficiency of a vitamin, then that vitamin could be good. Or if someone has a specific health problem such as cancer and using niacinamide against it, then that's great. Maybe K as the difference between whats in food and how much you can get from supplements is big.

But I'm beginning to think getting as much nutritious food into the diet as possible, and letting the body work the rest out is the answer. There are people that have lived over 110 that don't take long lists of strange supplements, there must be more to health than supplements, and I think there is.

A lot of the people on this forum that seem to be doing well health wise aren't taking loads of supplements. Maybe just a couple of smart decisions, or taking them when needed.

MrSmart

Why selenium? I thought Seafood, Eggs and some meats contain more than enough selenium.

Selenium is one of the most common deficiencies. It's also one of the most important for thyroid function and protecting against lipid peroxidation, and one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body. Among many other functions, it really is the super mineral.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom