What are the secrets of people from ancient civilizations, strong, intelligent and warriors?

Roni123@

I have an incredible doubt, I was looking at ancestral military campaigns (Alexander the Great and a few others), these people traveled miles to arrive directly in battle with full force and win the wars!

Also the question of the philosophies and intelligence of the Greeks is high and notable among ancient civilizations...

What is your opinion regarding all this strength and energy they had? He was a powerful, slender man who must have had a great mitochondrial capacity.

Nutritious foods? high carbs? high carbohydrate in relation to lower protein = / higher atp.

How were they that smart and strong?

testosterone?

@haidut @Hans

Nicole W.

I have an incredible doubt, I was looking at ancestral military campaigns (Alexander the Great and a few others), these people traveled miles to arrive directly in battle with full force and win the wars!

Also the question of the philosophies and intelligence of the Greeks is high and notable among ancient civilizations...

What is your opinion regarding all this strength and energy they had? He was a powerful, slender man who must have had a great mitochondrial capacity.

Nutritious foods? high carbs? high carbohydrate in relation to lower protein = / higher atp.

testosterone?

@haidut @Hans
Grains, grains and more grains. Barley and wheat, cheese, olives and an “energy bar” type thing made of honey and sesame. They also carried onions, garlic and wine with them as the traveled from village to village along the Silk Road. I think they also timed their conquests with seasons where food was generally plentiful.

OP
R

Roni123@

I can't understand how they could be absurdly robust in energy, they couldn't be what they were without energy... too much co2 from carbs? but the intestine must have been very inflamed from the grains
Grains, grains and more grains. Barley and wheat, cheese, olives and an “energy bar” type thing made of honey and sesame. They also carried onions, garlic and wine with them as the traveled from village to village along the Silk Road. I think they also timed their conquests with seasons where food was generally plentiful.

Nicole W.

I can't understand how they could be absurdly robust in energy, they couldn't be what they were without energy... too much co2 from carbs? but the intestine must have been very inflamed from the grains
Well, first these soldiers were young, and probably didn’t make it past 30 or 40 in terms of lifespan given the time they lived and their vocation. Up to that point, good gut health and good health generally would be expected don’t you think? They were strong young men, selected to be warriors for exactly those attributes. Up until recently, it was typical for the modern man to have good health until 30 or 40. Is it so hard to imagine that these men were young and healthy?
As far as grains are concerned, the whole world has relied and currently relies on grains as a major component of the diet. There are very few societies that live exclusively on fruit and tubers for carbohydrate. Whether it is wheat, rice, rye, teff, barley etc.. most people eat grains that supply their diet with energy producing carbohydrate. Grains are also very portable, long lasting and resist rancidity. Throughout history, people did just fine on grains, or so it seemed since they continued to prepare them properly and eat them.

Regina

testosterone?

@haidut @Hans
We have the historical martial treatises across the regions--which are not fantasy.
You can see the transformation of the hilts as the forms changed.
Very detailed treatises in dagger; various swords of every length,style and region; buckler, shields, including the use of capes and lanterns and poisons.
i33
Fiore, Fechbruch, Agrippa and Fabris are very important.
As are Capo Ferro and Giganti and Meyer.
There are many more.
And that doesn't include the collections of japanese kata from the 11th century.

These fighting arts were not for dillitante's. They are brutal and quite savage guides.

There are treatises for mace, and battleaxe and long spears, and bowie knife and axe and walking sticks.
Rapier and dagger and what poisons to add to the tips.

Attachments

• treatise.jpg
    treatise.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 37

HeyThere

Survival mode. Now everybody is coddled. And now the over \/a>< schedule of babies and toddlers distroying them from the inside out since the 90s and we are where we are.

OP
R

Roni123@

These things must be explained within a biological context, I probably have something to do with the intake of proteins, carbohydrates and fat we can only adapt to these conditions with energy, but it is interesting to understand the biological point behind this, how deep it is

Regina

The whole animal would have been harvested for whatever could be consumed.

My dad (as well as his 9 brothers) would crunch up the bones and suck the marrow out like a savage dog when he ate.
The rest of us siblings would just sit there blinking at each other and trying to hold in suppressed laughter.

liam183

They were active, went outside most of the day, and ate foods made from natural, local ingredients.
On top of this, they ate nose-to-tail, and they were not exposed to environmental pollution and toxins other than things like smoke from fires. No plastic, no fragrances, no nnEMF, etc.

Logan-

My dad (as well as his 9 brothers) would crunch up the bones and suck the marrow out like a savage dog when he ate.
The rest of us siblings would just sit there blinking at each other and trying to hold in suppressed laughter.
That’s how a man should eat.

Nick

As mentioned above by liam183, people in the past were not being constantly poisoned by endocrine disruptors, electromagnetic pollution, ionzing radiation from medical imaging, high PUFA, etc. Effects from all of these are trans-generational and additive. Certainly people got posioned by the environment in the past but it wasn't as pervasive and omni-present. Personally I think the EMF is the most impactful of these toxic factors.

D

Deleted member 5487

Alexander the Greats Diet was Frozen Milk and Fruit/Wine.
"frozen milk with honey accompanied by various fruits and wine."

Milk and Fruit are as close to ideal of foods as there are.

Milks big benefit is not only it's calcium, but also it's Net alkaline PRAL Score. Fruit is obvious PRAL friendly.

So if you wanted to be as robust as possible. Milk, Fruit, Potato's would lead to optimal protein synthesis and functionality.

Grains, as bad as they are. Are glucose and dirt cheap no matter what happens to inflation.

I think I paid $1.60 at whole foods for spagetti. I ate 4 big meals of the noddle's alone, and they're still some left over.

Pretty much all ancient diets revolved around grains.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Gonna pick up some milk, honey, fruit, and wine later today and try to get 1-2 meals a day out of it and see what happens.

Nik665

We have the historical martial treatises across the regions--which are not fantasy.
You can see the transformation of the hilts as the forms changed.
Very detailed treatises in dagger; various swords of every length,style and region; buckler, shields, including the use of capes and lanterns and poisons.
i33
Fiore, Fechbruch, Agrippa and Fabris are very important.
As are Capo Ferro and Giganti and Meyer.
There are many more.
And that doesn't include the collections of japanese kata from the 11th century.

These fighting arts were not for dillitante's. They are brutal and quite savage guides.

There are treatises for mace, and battleaxe and long spears, and bowie knife and axe and walking sticks.
Rapier and dagger and what poisons to add to the tips.
We have similar young men now in specialized military training. Remember, strength and endurance does not necessarily equate health. In fact many of these people tend to have shortened lifespans. I think probably very high adrenaline and excess cortisol can aid in these martial arts and exercises but long term they are extremely depleting

LuMonty

It's funny that this topic would go this way because I just had an encounter with such a person the other day, so I thought I might add it here. I was shopping with my wife and we were at a self-checkout and she accidentally took the next spot with another guy waiting, the usual lanky dude but older in this case. He only had to wait about 15 seconds but tried to start something over it, Point is, he fits this archetype exactly, and I've worked with a lot of guys like him. The type to live on cigarettes, black coffee, and some snacks like Twinkies. As soon as they have an issue, it's off to smoke, hit the coffee, and/or snacks. They actually hurt productivity despite the image they put forth. Hurts morale too. I suppose armies can get away with it by having a bigger jerk in charge.

Bottom line is, it's not worth living on stress hormones. The guys who stop participating in that lifestyle always burnout, needing (over)stimulation and/or falling apart completely as people.

Regina

We have similar young men now in specialized military training. Remember, strength and endurance does not necessarily equate health. In fact many of these people tend to have shortened lifespans. I think probably very high adrenaline and excess cortisol can aid in these martial arts and exercises but long term they are extremely depleting
shortened lifespan for this poor chap indeed.

Attachments

• gigante.jpg
    gigante.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26

akgrrrl

Many good suggests here that of course contribute, but missing the mark as how the ENTIRE FOOD CHAIN is vastly compromised in 75 short years.
Even wild deer are being fed corn genetically altered. Cows no longer eat grass. Chickens no longer eat bugs and fresh greens. All is saturated in spectricides grown in poor soils with loads of chemicals, then gassed, sprayed, coated or irradiated.
Even the medics are only taught 20hrs of "nutrition" in 7years education, with nutritionists flying by the ever-changing lies of the FoodPyramid. Even the AmerDental orgs rip out our canines upper and lower, "wisdom" teeth so we cannot chew meat.
Some need to review 1st Timothy chap 4 as a reminder it was written long ago that we would be dissuaded from eating animal products

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom